1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Golden State has give up 70+ points in a half 7 times since their first championship season. Same as the Rockets.

ZJP3, topfive, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Opinions are fine, but the facts must be straight.

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Rockets talk starts about 15 minutes into it. The first 15 minutes are basically about these children being Thunder fans and they're fretting about why the Thunder aren't good while disingenuously trying to fend off imaginary complaints that they hate the Thunder. As if the Ringer wasn't the official sponsor of Westbrook's MVP campaign. So they start talking about the Rockets and acknowledge that they're pretty good and might give the Warriors some trouble, although the annoying guy leading the chat makes sure to mention that the Rockets "are still kind of boring" and they repeatedly bring the conversation back to the Thunder because everyone knows that's the real story that matters. While watching this I amused myself by imagining stuff like the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the studio wall and murdering all of them like a slasher movie killer, but I still had to tap out around 23 minutes in.

Pen15clubber, DonKnock, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

Panel includes some of the all-time greats: George Gervin, Oscar Robertson, Dr Erving

Dr Erving says we're doing good, but everyone says Rockets suck during the playoffs.

They are clearly talking smack, their demeanor is pretty hurtful considering they're all-time greats and they're talking about bunch of younger players trying to make it in this league.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Old players are threatened by nerdy fat white dude morey being relevant in the nba. The whole “analytics” thing pisses them off.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Well, if you watch the whole thing from the beginning, Oscar says he's really happy RW won the MVP. They all seem to be rooting for OKC.

I can understand Oscar rooting for RW, it's like an ode to his MVP.

But I don't understand why they're rooting for OKC, they suck.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

I think oscar is past his prime and just wants to be relevant. We agree on why he wanted westbrook to win mvp.

i think they’re rooting for OKC because westbrooks personality. They think he has those dumb cliches like “heart of a lion, will to win, true competitor.”

People can’t figure harden out.

I truly believe that a lot of people get frustrated and put off by hardens mannerisms and personality. It bothers some people when he doesnt let them inside his head. Even some clutchfans over here seem to hate him because of his introversion and stand offishness.

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Most that played before Nash-Ginobili period have a firm belief that athleticism is the main factor of how good you are.

This is why Nash and Curry received so much hype out of being virtually the opposite.
    “They have no athleticism! How do they do it?!:eek:

Westbrook is a freak athlete so of course he must be amazing; even though this is not the case because the game is more skill based today.

That’s why the shoes were Air Jordan and not Swish Jordan.

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I watched that clip. Like the guy on the corner right. I forgot who he was didn’t know anything. It seemed like they haven’t watch a game of the rockets. He said he was a fan of Melo and harden but it just seemed like he said it so he didn’t sound bias.

That guy said Harden never shows up on playoffs. He should check his box scores for every game we’ve been in the playoffs since harden was here. And did he forget about Harden in okc ?
    To say that harden doesn’t play well In the playoffs that’s just wrong. He has had bad games but not every game has been bad.

Media forgets that okc choked w a 3-1 lead. I mean they had it. The warriors did too. Do they go out and say curry, KD or westbrick don’t show in playoffs time?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

11. Daddy Long Legs

DonKnock likes this.
  12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Nothing, I´m just conspiring to your thread.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Clutchfans conspiracy!

DonKnock likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you think Trig has only posted "media conspiracy" 199 times, you're making that up. Trig eats and sleeps media conspiracy. He dreams of media conspiracy, he brushes his teeth while spelling the words on each individual tooth, he swims free style and uses that freedom to do the media conspiracy stroke, he's a high school teacher and do you know what he teaches? Media conspiracies 101. 199 times? GTFO. This deserves its own thread.

DonKnock and hajkov like this.
  15. rockpileindisma

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and hajkov like this.
  17. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

That’s a special way to go for the 200th. Congrats!

DonKnock likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're like a broken record... that's fixing this world on repeat.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Oscar Robertston: "If Harden and Chris Paul are not going to beat {Curry and Thompson}, then they're not going to beat them."

Brilliant, Big O. Great analysis, you fat f$#k.

Chris Paul is exactly the kind of PG Oscar should respect: smart, disciplined, great scorer/passer/defender/floor leader. What a joke that show is.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

@Andy Sheets, you should be posting more often.

DonKnock likes this.