1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Media conspiracy/watch the spineless media come crawling back thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 19, 2016.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I do think the media looks for reasons to hate on Harden (maybe because they know most fans outside Houston hate him?... for mostly irrational/outdated reasons). They blow WAY out of proportion his (few) weaknesses, and for chrissakes, he got snubbed from ALL THREE All-NBA teams last year.

But other than that, I think we've been getting a lot of respect from the media lately.

2. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Getting a lot of respect ?
    ESPN didn't even mention anything about our winning streak and the great come back game in Minnesota. Imagine if GSW had a game like that, they probably make a movie out of it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

People still watch ESPN when they're not broadcasting a game? Why? I'm going mostly by things like various power rankings and some other online media I see.

dragonwill likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Time to revive this thread, seeing as how many in the media are still not convinced this team is legit.

Yesterday's example: Listening to NBA Radio on SiriusXM last night, I heard some douchebag host talking about the Spurs' big 4-point home court win against the Thunder and how nobody is going to want to face this Spurs team in the playoffs. Referenced the "fact" that Harden and CP3 have only had playoff failures and said something like: "If someone knocks off the Warriors in the first or second round, the Spurs become the favorites to win it all."

Seriously? Mediocre team beats another mediocre team at home while both are fighting to STAY IN the playoffs, and suddenly they're better than the team with the best record in the league and one of the best offenses in HISTORY?!? :confused:

Spurs record since 1/19: 15-16
    Rox record since 1/19: 31-2 (losing 2 by a combined total of 5 points)
    Head to head this year: Rox 3, Spurs 0 (margins of victory: 15, 11, 16)

So the Spurs are supposed to win four games against the league's winningest team and the likely MVP, when they haven't come close to beating us this year, and they'll do so without the home court advantage? WTMFF?!? o_O

#25 topfive, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Listen...I hear ya. I really do. I think it's ridiculous how much desperate people are to write off the Rockets.

But having said that....

The Rockets should absolutely beat the Spurs in a hypothetical playoff series, but until it happens, I think it's only expected that people will question them. Even I will still question them until it happens. The Rockets are in a very weird position in that they're not even remotely considered the favorites to win the title, yet arguably have the most pressure of any team to do well in the postseason this year.

#26 J Sizzle, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Vivi likes this.