1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is allright :D I doubt their own fans even care about them. Would be interesting to see how many guys will come tomorrow for their home opener.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

at least you care about tmac; that's great to see though

1 person likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

damn. so if he averages about 15.118 ppg the rest of the way im going to lose my bet!

mcgrady has dropped off so bad that these comments are regarded as "positive".

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol good one. i knew i could count on this thread for some laughs after the tough loss last night.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

First of all, I can't really say I was impressed with his play because I was not. He looked kinda decent to me. He is slow and can't elevate like he used to. The one thing in his game that hasn't missed a big is court vision. He has phenomenal court vision.

Tracy just needs to understand one thing.

Earlier in his carreer (before the surgery) he was doing all those things he used to with no effort. He could just shoot the ball over people around the rim and we knew it would go in. He was that good.

But now, with his explosivness, quickness and pretty much legs gone he actually has to PUT SOME EFFORT to still be a force in the NBA. He can't jump like he used to, and everything looks like difficult for him right now.

If he expects to regain all his attributes that made him a superstar and once again become that player he can already retire.

He is still smart basketball player, he is still 6'8 and he is still a phenomenal passer. So once he really tries hard he can becaome a 6th man of the year type of player.

It is important to him, at least should be. If he does that, I am sure he will end up in team like Boston at the end of the season. Teams will be in need of a player who can come off the bench and make plays when stars are resting, especially in Boston where stars are older and will need more breaks to make that deep run again.

Right now he can't score. He is struggling. But he has to find a completly new way to feel comfortable because that old formula is dead and gone.

We will see what happens.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I think you managed to find the one negative comment. The general idea I get from going through the thread is that Pistons fans (albeit coming in with low expectations) were mildly surprised at how well McGrady played. One poster even suggested McGrady start at PG for the next game in place of Stuckey. Another lauded his defense. The consensus seems to be that he didn't finish at the rim well and his stats didn't look great, but he had a very positive effect on the team when he was on the floor.

I do agree, though, that it looks like his natural explosiveness and ability to beat defenders by physical talent is all gone and he has to work a lot harder to be productive.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

He managed to score the same amount of points as Yao did at Golden State on the same night.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It was pretty amazing. He didn't do a whole lot but the team really cauht fire with him. Not only was he +13, they also grabbed 10 point lead. After he left they lost it and lost the game.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

That's pretty consistent when he was on the Rockets recently. He didn't do anything and the Rockets ended up winning a playoff series.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Tells me two things:
    1. McGrady is doing a good job finding ways to make an impact when he can't get his own offense going.

2. The Pistons have **** at the PG position.

13. scottie brooks

Intangibles... hahaha

14. tomato

tomato Member

Up until 2 minutes ago I was the biggest TOF ever, he was my idol in every way. I would send death threats to members of clutchfans that disagreed, and sometimes worse.

But then I read these stats.

Tracy is currently the worst NBA player, he's awful garbage and to quote DaDakota, "he sucks ****," and will always be a complete failure.

15. jo mama

i found two negative comments.

there were more, but i had to take a dump so that is all i posted.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How many years does it take to recover from quantum micro-fracture surgery?

17. jo mama

it takes about 6 months - remember last year at this time mcgrady said he was 100% ready to go. he was feeling good and back to his old self. he was ready to contribute, but the rockets coaches were screwing him over by only allowing him to play 8 minutes a game.

6 months.

1 person likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He needs to watch some videos of Sabonis. The big guy couldn't run or jump at the end of his career with Portland. In fact, he could hardly walk without a limp. But he could still do amazing passing at the high post. And if you leave him alone, he could still hit that jumpshot (sans the jump). If TMac is willing to play that role, he can still make some dough in the league for a few more years.

1 person likes this.
  19. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Tracy McGrady will retire in January

20. ashiin

ashiin Member

[​IMG]

Whatchu say about me?