1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

So there is no reason to watch them

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

prolly both, its hard to keep trying on a team lake the pistons. i stopped watching mid way through the season because they were just so so bad it was hurting my eyes. dumb plays, people cant finish, guys think theyre all stars (charlie v) and jack up shots. no excuse to stop playing, but im not sure that he is done, he certainly isnt an allstar anymore, but he could be a good 3 off the bench, he can create shots for people and when hes on he can score

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right... :grin:

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Lol, Tracy's out with back injury tonight. First game missed due to an injury this year.... Has it already started?

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I'm pretty sure it's minor.

He just needs to finish healthy so he can work on his game in the off-season.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Edit: DNP Sore Back.

#4506 emjohn, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not related to McGrady, but is the Pistons management totally losing grips? That team is a mess. I mean, I can see why Cleveland, or Minnesota suck. Their FOs have always been bad. But the Pistons used to be a very respectable organization, and it's not that long ago.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Dumars has always relied on bringing in veterans and not having many young players or projects. The process of bringing in veterans works, but only if you also bring in young players(Spurs) or you get lucky and hope they don't age(Boston,LA) otherwise you're stuck. Because of their "go old" approach, they find themselves stuck with massive contracts to overpaid has-beens and virtually no young guys to take over the regime except Greg Monroe.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Dumars has been all thumbs after the Rasheed Wallace trade. Hard to justify any of the moves he's made.

Darko over Bosh (I give him a pass over Melo, had Prince already)
    Let the Larry Brown issue fester and seep toxic waste into the locker room
    Flip Saunders back fired and lost even more of the team, most notably Ben Wallace
    Lost Ben Wallace for nothing, and did nearly nothing to replace him (they still won 53 w/o him)
    Nothing but crap drafts during this stretch
    Makes the Iverson trade in 08/09 to clear the way for a massive rebuild and blows all the cap space on Charlie V and Ben Gordon

Virtually nothing he's done has panned out, he rode the championship team into the ground and made virtually no moves to prepare for the end of their prime years. Toss in a series of bad coaching hires on top of that.

It's time for Dumars to step down.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

I probably said it a dozen times or more in this thread the Pistons are in the worst possible position right now. People complain about the Rockets, at least the Rockets are competitive! Detroit is too bad to even crack the playoffs in the weak East, but they're not bad enough to become the Thunder and get a bunch of superstars with good draft picks. They have a ton of salary, yet their fans keep supporting them, spending their very hard-earned money on tickets to an awful team.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Tracy's really shooting for another 1 year/minimum deal next year + a limited role. He was a positive player for the Pistons through the first 60 games or maybe less and since than he has been nothing but horrible. He is out again with an injury.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

tracy actually played well during stretches this year i think another off season of serious rehab and training he should be a legit starter and/or a good contributer to any team in the league again ...detroit is just a mess really i would say outside of greg monroe..mcgradys play at the PG spot may be the the biggest bright spot for that team this season.

that coach btw though is terrible how he is still coaching is beyond me but i am sure mcgrady will get more looks from teams this offseason since he showed he can still ball.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy has proven enough to get another contract. hopefully he stays motivated to continue to condition himself and be better physically. he still has more game than 80% in this L.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy is better than Kobe

APRIL FOOLS!!! HAHAHAHA;):grin::grin:

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

tinman is retarted

no jokes

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He really needs to figure out a way to finish strong because he has looked terrible again lately.

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He needs to work on his jumpshot.

Why doesn't he drive in and draw fouls like he used to?

Yes, he doesn't have the explosiveness but he still has the ability to take it to the rack and score.

Ask Paul Pierce and how he does it with limited athletic ability.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is not about athleticism. After watching his last 2-3 games you can say he has no legs to ride him. His legs are completly dead. He hadn't played for like 1,5 years before this season so he wasn't prepared at all to play 20-25 minutes a game.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

trueroxfan owes clutch $50

no jokes.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

congrats jo mama

If all rockets fans make tipjar bets with tracy fans next year,
    then Clutch could buy the Astros with all that sucker money