1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Matt Schaub to Raiders for late round pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DieHard Rocket, Mar 21, 2014.

1. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

schaub giving us a final pick 6.....

3 people like this.
  2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

links?

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It was actually a classmate of mine... I saw them driving home from school and he tweeted them, but they never caught national attention and he deleted it.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont hate Schaub...he gave us a chance to be a winning football team. He was a pleasant surprise from David Carr... No one truly expected much from a back up to Michael Vick...In fact no one believed he wouldve had as much success as he did. But Schaub's problem was never that he coud win big games and he $hited the bed... People mention that he often had helped this team comeback from large deficits, but what people didnt mention was that Schaub would make so many questionable plays that: result in a bad pick, failing to advance drives, and would take terrible sacks. He would eventually always work from behind in such games.

The Schaub hate was really from a few idiots in this city, while the majority were quite patient with the dude. He had a good run here, but in 7 seasons as the starter, he netted one personal playoff victory. His salary severely handicapped the teams future. And for the Texans FO to be able to trade a guy that wouldve most likely been cut was just flat out amazing.

Schaub had great moments here, but fell short of having sustained success against other talented teams. I wish the best for a stand up guy like Matt, his beautiful wife and kids in the City of Oakland. Just not against us. Go Texans...

btw my lasting memories of schaub:
    [​IMG]

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I promise to get over it. You're a douchebag.

6. body slam

body slam Member

Schaub may not be elite, but he's not a scrub either. Kind of reminds me of Brad Lidge all over again. Change should do him good.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Didn't we gain $4 million in cap space with this trade?

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny

Suggs had mercy on him.

6th Round pick... could be Brady all over again!!

Enjoy the ride!!

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

If we did, than we spent it all on our new QB.:eek:

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ooookay.... i hope you can understand my skepticism.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ouchies!!

so you can bad mouth me, but i can't bad mouth schaub...

hmmmmmmmmm.

you must be a joy!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Raiders QB Matt Schaub restructured deal with OAK, lowering base salary and cap # this year; still can earn $15-$20M the next two seasons.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/447895391435231232">March 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol and Texans fans were mad at Ed Reed for stealing money...

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Understandable. But just because the media didn't cover something doesn't make it untrue and I don't see any reason why I would just make something like that up. The sign said "Pick Six Movers"

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Why would he take the tweet down?

At this point there is zero evidence that Schaub was confronted/harassed at his home.

He simply got scared..... Just like when the pocket collapses.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Idk... probably thought he might get in trouble and people didn't respond as positively to it as he thought they might.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Via <a href="https://twitter.com/VicTafur">@VicTafur</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&amp;src=hash">#Raiders</a> GM McKenzie on Schaub: &quot;Just look at the tape &amp; u see the talent...Take away some of bad throws &amp; he looked alright&quot;</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/448604277578432512">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Take away that bad iceberg and the North Atlantic voyage looked alright!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Too bad Kubiak signed with the Ravens. I bet he secretly wishes he could have become the offensive coordinator for the Raiders and reunited with his lover boy Schaub

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im calling this now...McKenzie is gonna be fired next summer...just saying...