1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

They worry me more than the Rangers, but that'll wait until we actually beat the Rangers someday.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

For those of you upset with Giles tonight and feel the need to jump off a cliff, think about this. The way you feel is how the majority of us feel after reading all the crap posts you are putting out. I'm not specifically talking to any one person but there are several people around here that seem like they need intervention after a loss.
    Consider these numbers: 2ip, 0R, 1H, 1BB, 5K. Those were Giles' numbers in the first 2 games where he got 2 saves. Some of you act like we are 0-3 instead of 3-1. If you want something to cry over join the Rangers fan base, they actually are 0-3 and their bullpen has been thorough trash. The Astros are on pace to,win 121.5 games, just took 3 of 4 from the team that is supposed be our biggest challenge for the division and they didn't even play all that well. Some of you need to lighten up and not be so unhinged after a loss. If you are this way after 1 loss it is going to be a long season for you even if the team plays well. For me I'm going to sit back, enjoy the season as best I can and wait for the Astors to pick up Carlos Delgado, who will surely lead us to the promised land.

3. Buck Turgidson

Billy Wagner's first game in Summer '96 as a reliever, he went 3.1 and gave up 3 hits and 3 runs. I think, iirc, that he was a year older than Giles is right now.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm happy we took 3 of 4. Offense will come around.... That reliance on the solo hr though....

Altuve will get it going.

texans1095 likes this.
  5. toycannon

toycannon Member

It's a good start to the season taking 3 of 4.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So. Where is that guy that said he texted his Mariner fan friend a picture of a broom after the extra innings win. I have a superstitious bone to pick with him... lol

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Quoted for truth, and was debating if I should quote the post or not until I got to the last sentence. I am highly entertained by just about any Carlos Delgado reference, thank you sir!

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Tough way to lose, but you can't complain about 3 of 4.

9. Buck Turgidson

Yep, this is all obviously Leroy's fault.

houstonstime and tellitlikeitis like this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's weird seeing Altuve struggle from the plate. I can't wrap my head around it.

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I would've loved the sweep, but going 3-1 in the opening series against a division rival is still really great.

Add in the very encouraging starts by Keuchel and McCullers, and really our entire pitching staff by extension, there are a ton of positives to take away from the start to our 2017 season.

Let's go Astros, let's earn it!

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Evidently, he cant either.

13. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Keep in mind:

Cano is now 3 for 16 to start.
    Nelson Cruz is 1 for 15.
    Valencia 2 for 16.
    Seager 2 for 12.

The heart of SEA's lineup is obviously having the same offensive woes (part slump, part running into the juggernaut that is our pitching staff?)
    They'll figure it out too as will our offense. I think the M's are going to be very good this season--their pitching was nothing to sneeze at this series and we still took 3 of 4.

Overall still a much better way to start the season compared to last year. I'll take it. Now let's give the Royals some payback.

And **** the Rangers.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I guess we can't win them all after all. But we are off to a great start, and I have to think our bats will pick up. This was still a winnable game.

15. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

We lost one game. It's time to fire Hinch and hire Delgado.

tellitlikeitis and Castor27 like this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The home plate ump really sucked last night (that one strikeout he missed by Musgrove was unacceptably bad), but he did suck both ways. Difference is the Mariners took advantage of their extra chances and we didn't.

Hopefully Altuve and Beltran can bounce out of these funks ASAP. Can't have the middle of your lineup looking like Jake Marisnick.

RockFanFirst, jim1961 and kaleidosky like this.
  17. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

What killed the us was when we had the bases loaded, no outs with our best hitters coming up to bat and we score 0 runs. I believe if we scored one, Giles would have had a different mindset going into the 9th inning.

RockFanFirst likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No truer words have ever been spoken.

#938 jim1961, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  19. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Just remember 7-17.

3-1 isn't so bad after all, is it?

houstonstime likes this.