1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Marianne Williamson for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 28, 2019.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm go with no.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've not done any sort of deep dive on her but on the surface she seems good. I didn't follow her at all last go-round, but it sounds like she was deemed kooky because she's outside of the CNN-Fox Spectrum of Acceptable Opinions.

I'll try to read up more on her and hopefully she seems genuine, and her weirdness (if she actually has any) can be embraced.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The presidency isn't a job for amateurs. We should've learned that by now.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I guess we need someone with proven government leadership who works well with the existing system, like Bush in 2000.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I'm saying is we should expect more out of our public servants than a background as a spiritual self-help author who often appeared on Oprah.

Williamson likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's not an unreasonable position. I would say I'm less worried about that kind of background than I am about a candidate's policies and character. Not everyone who has been on TV is a crook.

Honestly, I'm more distrusting of the "typical" background, where someone went to an elite college, maybe spent some time at a consulting firm building a network, then cosied up to their party's big dollar donors so they could win elections to benefit those donors. Those are the people who I think are least likely to make systemic changes because they so heavily benefited from the curropt systems.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not even fully sold on Marianne (whose name I had to Google to ensure I was spelling it correctly). So I don't mean to come off as a big booster for her or as someone who has any negative thoughts towards those who aren't really interested in her as a candidate. But she is different, and from the little I've seen I think she's different in a good way. We'll see.

glynch and mtbrays like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Wow, I guess we should nominate someone who can work across the aisle and pass historic bipartisan legislation! Let's find someone who can pass a gun safety bill, largest infrastructure in American history, and largest industrial manufacturing bill. It would be awesome if we found a candidate who could actually pass legislation!

I can't believe you said we need someone like Bush. Thanks for the laugh hahahahhahaah. We need a war mongering neocon who lied us into a war costing us trillions and tens of thousands of lives for nothing while torturing who he deemed worthy.

If God created a hell I can guarantee you Bush will be alongside Hitler in it. For effs sakes trump was a better president than Bush.

This country has so many morons

#48 astros123, Feb 26, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  9. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Lol. Your devotion to Joey B is admirable and laughable at the same time. Even your Dems don’t want Joey B back.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I didn't reply to this last night because I figured you would edit and fix your post after you realized your mistake. The person I was replying to clearly got it, but you not only missed it initially, but you then edited your post to rage even more.

W. Bush was the worst - that was the entire point of my post. I was *very clearly* saying that having a "strong" background doesn't mean that person would make a good president, and I used W as an example.

Calm down, man. It's not a good look to so thoroughly misunderstand what someone is clearly saying and then call that someone a moron.

Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

Never called you a moron. Called Anyone who likes Bush a moron and I'm happy you're not one and never will be.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope not. I'd rather be related to Zion.

astros123 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

Wow....this bish really said democrats made the wrong choice by passing civil rights and alienating rural voters. @fchowd0311 then bernie bros wonder why they can't ever win a national primary and why old black voters HATE lefties.

Old black voters see through the bullshit. ALOT of lefties aka bernie bros are racist AF deep down but hide in the name of "Healthcare."