1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] "Looting is reparations" thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Every time I see shiet like this, you Democrats just re-elected Mr Trump. Keep going till November. You loonies are doing a great job.

Corrosion, Astrodome and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Biden and Democrats should put this video up as what/ they promise..Free chit, no police

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course they have to live stream or put on social media

The addiction to social media and the likes community shows how dumb people really are

Criminals of the past are rolling over in their graves

Pablo Escobar rolling in his grave

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just for the record - Houston has been "majority minority" since 1990 according to census reports - Link

RayRay10, foh and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There is also evidence from other parts of the “social justice” agenda that much of today’s far left, the source of the Democratic Party’s energy today, sees racial grievances as a justification for legalized plunder. Take, for example, the demand of Chicago’s protesters to steal a place to live — i.e., “cancel rents and mortgages.”

The implication is that people should just get things because they want them, and their desires alone justify taking it from other people. As with the looting, there’s no mention of work, reciprocity, or any other form of assuming responsibility for one’s own life.

Despite the obvious injustice of redistributing wealth and power according to ancestry that reparations entail, support for it is high among influential Americans and growing among the left’s ignorant ground troops. It is fomented by making Americans believe racism is rampant, even though research suggests the United States may be the least racist country in the world.

Against the reality, 56 percent of American voters currently agree “American society is racist,” found a July Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll. “In other signs of substantial shifts in views on race, more voters see racial bias as a feature of American society and support protests aimed at addressing it,” the journal said.

The poll uncovered a jump from zero Americans thinking white people are discriminated against in all earlier polls to 15 percent in its latest rendition, in July 2020. While there were big jumps in perceptions of discrimination against all politically potent racial groups, the perception of anti-white racism was by far the largest percentage increase.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As numerous observers have pointed out, pushing Americans to think of themselves in terms of skin color and to allocate resources according to a politicized ethnicity scrum is a very, very dangerous game. Those playing it are currently winning big. But the nation stands to lose everything.

This is all under the backdrop of covid which, despite all time highs in the S&P500, is not the best time for people pulling less than 60k. We're also talking about either congress or Donny "helicoptering stripper money" (emphasis Federalist) a second time.

All that Free Money...This BLM mob interest lobby is far reaching and powerful beyond measure!

These Federalist pieces are always quick to ratchet up Dem side of the American racial divide* only to ignore the guttertrash behavior of Trump and the deplorables who arose from the ashes of KKK crosses during that First Year.

Pendulum shift is a cliche term. It wouldn't be overrused here if it weren't appropriate

I'm not surprised white people are now registering anxiety. Police used to shoulder that burden, but there's a crisis of conscience either for them to continue that practice...or actually begin addressing society's cracks with some well needed attention and hopefully personnel and funding.

Oh my, why did Asian anxiety pop up out of nowhere for the largest percentage increase? Maybe it was news of random asians getting sucker punched and drop kicked while being accused of spreading the Wuhan? Our President says the Kung Flu is a CNN and Dem conspiracy and China is their master. Those race peddlers are at it again.

I think it's especially rich for right wingers, who advocated armed resistance and rebellion during Obama years and now Covid quarantine era, to complain "loot it all back" as criminal and enabling when all of their saber rattling was labeled "more bargaining chip than a threat".

Which is it? You want to censor and blame threatening speech, gotta go all the way.

Cliven Bundy who?

Obama is the MOST RACIST president ever!! How dare he side with the Trayvonists!! Beer Summit WTF?!?@!
    Incidentally, Obama presided over the height of a Republican induced Great Recession. Why do civil unrest seem to happen during long recessions? Obviously it's the work of Democrats and the Marxist Communists operating in the deep shadows while using non-existing racial tensions as a fulcrum for their agenda. -Q

#48 Invisible Fan, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum, you are a Democrat. You have said that before and I believe you. I've had a thought I hope you don't find too presumptuous. It's this . . . perhaps you might try a bit harder to find something positive to say about your party from time to time. Especially now. One would find it easy to believe that the Democratic Party is bereft of anything that could be consider good for our country based on a majority of the threads you start here, in my opinion. The reason I bring that observation up, one that is my own, is that we are approaching a pivotal point in our country's history. An election that the sitting president is openly attempting to steal. You have to be aware of that. You are an intelligent, well read man.

Unless you think Mr trump's reelection makes no difference to our country's future, unless you honestly believe that the person holding our nation's highest office is a better choice than the nominee of your party, you might consider that your opinions matter. That some people, yes, even people here, pay attention to them. If you simply don't care if Mr trump is reelected, by all means, continue what you are doing. I would expect no less. We still have a country where we are all free to give our opinions, unlike those countries led by the oligarchs and strongmen that Mr trump so admires, whose citizens risk being beaten, jailed, and even worse for openly saying what they think about their country's politics.

You are a lucky man. We are all lucky men and women to live in the United States. If it is up to Mr trump, however, I am very afraid that our country will become something quite different if he has four more years in office. Four years unfettered by the need to think of reelection and unconcerned about the consequences of his actions. A country you and I, and most of America, might find difficult to recognize at the end of that time. I think we all hope that it will not come to that.

I'll add that tonight's speech by President Obama is well worth watching. I found the contrast between him and Mr trump to be quite remarkable. Twenty minutes well spent.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

well, the ice cream socials are kind of nice . . . but because of covid, they're not having many of those this summer.

ICS2019-FCDCcalendar-768x432.png

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/08/obama-misses-the-mark-in-critique-of-trump.php

POSTED ON AUGUST 20, 2020 BY PAUL MIRENGOFF IN BARACK OBAMA, DONALD TRUMP
    OBAMA MISSES THE MARK IN CRITIQUE OF TRUMP

I have watched every Democratic National Convention since 1960. I have written extensively about every convention of both parties since 2004.

This year, I haven’t watched a minute of the Democratic Convention. This isn’t something I’m proud of. As a citizen and writer about politics, I should be watching at least some of the proceedings. I just can’t bring myself to do it.

In lieu of coverage by me, I offer this article by Dan McLaughlin. He focuses on the speeches last night by Barack Obama and Kamala Harris.

McLaughlin finds that Obama upstaged Harris. This seems to be the consensus among those who watched both addresses. It’s not a surprising development.

I don’t doubt that Obama gave an effective speech. I was struck, though, by this passage quoted by McLaughlin:

I have sat in the Oval Office with both of the men who are running for president. I never expected that my successor would embrace my vision or continue my policies. I did hope, for the sake of our country, that Donald Trump might show some interest in taking the job seriously; that he might come to feel the weight of the office and discover some reverence for the democracy that had been placed in his care. But he never did.

For close to four years now, he’s shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves. Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t.

I’m sure this sounded good to Democrats and to some who aren’t Democrats. But it is a breathtakingly superficial critique of Trump, as befits his chronically superficial predecessor.

Superficiality can be forgiven in a political speech. However, Obama’s statement doesn’t even ring true. It’s another example of not taking Trump seriously, a mistake that has cost Democrats in the past.

I don’t know how much work Trump is putting into the presidency, and neither does Obama. But he’s clearly using his office to help others.

His economic and domestic policies, like all economic and domestic policies, generate winners and losers. The winners are helped by Trump, and are intended to be.

For example, Trump’s protectionist trade policies, whether or not one agrees with them, help certain industries and their workers. His immigration policies, to the extent they are allowed to be implemented, help certain types of workers and promote public safety. The people these policies help are the ones candidate Trump promised to help.

Even the “jailbreak” criminal sentencing legislation that was enacted thanks to Trump helps some people — the criminals who serve less jail time and perhaps some of their family members.

Trump also helped people through measures he has taken in response to the Wuhan coronavirus. The federal push to produce ventilators, for example, must have saved lives. A number of governors, including Andrew Cuomo, praised Trump for his efforts.

If Democrats want to argue that aspects of Trump’s response have been misguided and that his overall response has been inadequate, that’s fine. But to pretend he has no interest in helping to combat the virus is ridiculous.

As for finding common ground, Trump has been at least as interested in this as Obama ever was. Trump found common ground with Democrats on sentencing reform. Even Van Jones applauded the administration for this.

Trump also tried to find common ground with Dems on DACA reform. Recall his televised meeting with lawmakers from both sides of the aisle.

Obama never showed interest in finding common ground with Republicans. Sure, many Republicans weren’t interested in working with Obama, just as many Democrats aren’t interested in working with Trump. However, Obama couldn’t even find common ground with Susan Collins on health insurance/care. He rammed through Obamacare without the support of a single GOP Senator.

The Democrats can’t have it both ways on Trump. Either he’s a frivolous guy whose only interest is in calling attention to himself or he’s a serious president who, from the Democrats’ perspective, poses a serious threat because he aggressively pushes policies that have a huge impact on peoples’ lives — the wrong kind, from the Dems’ perspective.

If I were a Democratic politician, I’d be pushing the second view. Maybe other speakers at the Convention are doing so. I don’t know, because I’m not watching.

Transcript of Obama’s speech here. Transcript of Harris’ here.​

#51 Os Trigonum, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This looting will contribute to Trump winning again.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.