1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Lions @ Texas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2008.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I had no idea TEXAS was playing the Lions! Well...I'd give the edge to the Horns in this one. Colt will tear apart that secondary.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yeah you can be 1-4 and have a trap game, no sarcasm. Last week was a (potential) trap game too, with everyone (players included I'm sure) "expecting" a win. Can't do that in this league - and I think that played at least a small role in our being down 14-3 early.

Hopefully two things are happening:
    1) We realize that despite the win, we played some pretty terrible football last week and can't expect wins to continue when we have such a sloppy effort. -3 tackaways is unacceptable. We should use the last game as fire to play sharper and more efficiently.

2) The Detroit Kittens go into to open mail-it-in mode, with the looming regime change (and subsequent clear out expected), Kitna gone for the year, and Roy Williams traded. Guys probably realize they're playing simply to play out the year and have nothing else to strive for while on the road.

Maybe the Bengals will similarly shut it down for the year over the course of the next week. I'll take the handouts if offered.

Evan

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gotta disagree with you here.

Miami was 2-2 at the time and coming off victories against 2 NFC playoff teams. Houston was 0-4 and coming off arguably the most devastating loss in the history of the franchise....and that's saying something.

I think last week was a "trap game" for Miami, not Houston.

4. msn

msn Member

Agreed.

Until they prove otherwise, the Texans are *not* a good football team. They have a mediocre, turnover-prone quarterback, a mediocre, fumble-machine backup quarterback, a pedestrian running game, a very good receiver corps, pretty good special teams, a very bad defense with only two bright spots, and a coach who once this year has properly managed a clock.

There you have it, Texans. You suck. Now, get out there and make me look stupid!! Pretty please??

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ah, the Lions are coming...woohoo...

Texans: 191

Lions: 2

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

apparently i'll be sitting in a suite at this game...woo hoo.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have been getting my moneys worth for sure the last two seasons!

7-3 at home and all three loses (while heartbreaking) have been by less than 1 score

Go Texans and tailgating there is bad ass!

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Lions will win.

9. yobod

yobod Member

From the University of South Carolina, Cornerback, Number 23 DUNTA!.....(crowd yells) ROBINSON!!!!!

10. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

LOL, Detriot sucks so much that EVERY SINGLE ESPN staff member picked the Texans to win. That has to be a first... for the Texans. Even the espn Sports Nation poll has the Texans at 91% :eek: Thats the highest percentage for any match up... LOL

Either the Texans are mucho awesome or the Lions just plain suck HARD :)
    I pick the latter.

11. MadMax

Here I go again setting myself up...but i'm going to be pretty disappointed if they don't win tomorrow.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Texans open up a 10 point lead and don't look back.

Lions kick a meaningless FG with 17 seconds left to cover the spread and ruin my gambling parlay.

Texans 24 Lions 16

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

There you go again, making me jealous of you and your damnable connections. :D

14. DPballer

DPballer Member

Line is only Texans -10 on one site I check. I think this is an easy cover for Texans.

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I could be cautious and say that it's not a sure thing, which it isn't. But...what the hell. Texans by 50 points! Go Houston!

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm....not sure if I'll get to see this one. Says they are showing the Cowboys game then bull riding instead of the Texans on FOX up here in Nacogdoches. :(

17. MadMax

i don't know how you could watch the texans over the last 7 years and think that any game...particularly one where they're favored by double-digits...is an easy cover.

18. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

looks like no streamers for this game :mad:

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The game is at 3:05p. I'm pretty sure around then we'll get some...

20. conquistador#11

one game at a time, one game at a time. I hate the late start. =(