1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Lions @ Texas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Landlord Landry

it's not hard to win against a team who commits 4 turnovers.

but I stand corrected......

the only team with a worse offense and worse defense than KC.......

the Detroit Lions.

but KC has looked miserable in every loss, and thats coming from a KC fan.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm kind of worried for our Cinci game.

If we play the way we played in the first half, we're a playoff team.

If we play the way we did the second half, the Bengals will embarrass us.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

A mediocre performance at home against a horrible team. Kubiak's job should be on the line.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Offense looked good...defense...when you allow 21 points at home to one of the worst teams in the leauge, that might be a signal that some things need to change.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agreed. I'm not with the explanation of its gonna take half a decade of time to build a good team, and every team the Texans played so far is a playoff team juggernaut they're not even expected to beat.

The Jaquars were statistically NOT a good football team when the Texans played them. They were ranked near the bottom in both offense and defense. Even though it was a road game the Texans had a late lead and gave it away. And the Colts game needs no mention...

3-3 they "should' be but oh well now. Time for the next opponent.

6. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

It is scary game today. D Lions almost made a comeback like the Colts game.

For some odd reason the Texans and Rockets can often play 3 good quarters, then claps on the 4th. :confused:

But a win is a win :D

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's hard to go away happy about that win. A win is a win...but most of us are hoping to see the team take a turn and look like they're going to rise out of mediocrity....and the second half took a dump on those hopes.

This was arguably the saddest team in the league on both sides of the ball, one that is just trying to play out the season. Starting with the unforced Schaub fumble (his 9th turnover in 4 games played), we lost steam on both sides of the ball. Once again, we couldn't play hard for the entire game (barely a half this time) - that rests on Kubiak's shoulders, and it is disturbing.

Between the turnovers and our defense's inability to generate any takeaways, we're at the BOTTOM of the league in the turnover ratio (-9).

We give up a 96-yd TD pass because our secondary has no idea what they're doing (Faggins single coverage, one safety back that does not recognize a deep route coming), and we only managed 2 sacks against a team allowing an avg of over 4 a game coming into this. Richard Smith has NO IDEA how to coach the secondary or how to teach his guys to play in a zone - he's got to go.

The offense looked fantastic in the first half, but didn't have the same aggressiveness after halftime. The defense was embarrassing in the second half. Against even a 0.500 team, this effort results in a loss. I don't know if we beat the Bengals if we don't improve.

To not be all negative:
    Schaub was a lot better than last week, really improving his accuracy.
    Andre and Daniels were great.
    Slaton had an awesome first half.
    Dunta's return and the ovation he received when announced with the starters were great to see.

Evan

#207 emjohn, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap those suites are nice. i had been in one before, but the shrimp...and all the rest of the food...was just amazing. it was a little too oppulent, almost. felt like commodus sitting up there, which is a little unsettling :) but, it was free for me...so there's that! :)

we won!! hooray!!

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

At least one of the Texas teams won...f'n cowboys...

10. msn

msn Member

Thing of beauty! Now, if only the Texans could actually beat the Cowboys mano a mano... :(

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Ugh, I sat in the murderous sun for an entire half with that stupid Texans towel over my head. Please fix the roof soon, Texans, I beg of thee. Man, I would have liquefied if the game was at noon.

BTW, I'll go ahead and take partial blame for the Lions near-comeback yesterday. I turned to my dad after it was 21-0 and said this game was shaping up to be similar to the Texas-Missouri game. So, my bad on the near-jinx. (For the record, my dad, who has had season tickets since 1970, and knows the pain of Houston football all too well, disagreed with me.)

Oh, one more thing: Like everyone else, I wanted to strangle Faggins with my bare hands after that ridiculous 90-yard+ Lions TD. From now on, assuming no injuries, Richard Smith should be fired on the spot if he allows Faggins anywhere near the field. Dude should've been cut years ago. :mad:

12. DPballer

DPballer Member

Good thing I went with the moneyline... even though it was -500!

13. MadMax

did you get my texts??

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, sorry I didn't respond. Did you ask homedude why it took him so long to fire Millen? :D

I was in the Tejas Suite fattening myself up on free Mexican food.

15. MadMax

cool! :)

No, they never came out of the suite out into the seats. They were all in suits...and I'd look back to see their expression when the Lions would do something awful.

16. msn

msn Member

Max, did you get a suite and a bunch of free food courtesy of the opposition? You are my hero.

17. MadMax

No...they were in the suite right next to the one I was in.

18. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Member

What a soft poster! He can't take the sun, his pee pee hurts!

Poor baby. :D

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Dude, I burn easily. And my pee pee is just fine, thank you.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Richard Smith should have been fired on the spot the second he allowed single coverage on Johnson. Why would you not double cover the only receiver they have. Furrey is decent, but he's not gonna burn you for 96 yards.