1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Lets Make The Playoffs!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Mar 2, 2011.

1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

ATTN: This thread is not for those who sugested that we (the Rockets) tank, give up hope for the season, rebuild, or any of the things they recommended besides the ROCKETS going out there and putting it all on the court.

This thread is for all of the Real Rockets Fans who want to see our team play to their full potential and make a legitimate push for the Playoffs. This thread is the one that you want all your favorite players(if they read ClutchFans)to read and know that we, the Fans are behind them all the way.

These last two wins are considered unexpected by the league. Lets do the unthinkable by breaching these playoffs.

We might lack the superstars, but we make up for it in Heart and Hustle,

If anything we are a lottery pick anyway, minus well get the confidence of making the playoffs as a bonus

3 people like this.
  2. lean

lean Member

I'm with you, playoffs or bust. Red nation lives

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Co-Sign

There is nothing like the playoff.

4. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I'm on board with trying to make the playoffs. We have an outside chance because Memphis has a BRUTAL schedule to finish and Phoenix has a tough one too....Utah? That'll take some luck. We're not in the driver's seat...but I'm hoping for a berth as this year's draft looks lame.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If it's official you might want to inform readers of the playoff chase status.

The Rockets, hitting .500 at 31-31, are 3 games behind Portland (33-27) and Memphis (34-28) for the 7th and 8th spots. Also in contention for those last spots are Phoenix (31-27) and Utah (32-29), who hold a 2 and 1.5 game lead on Houston, respectively.

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Thru thick and thin, I love my Rockets, my kids love the Rockets, I made my wifee love the RocketsA Let's go get this win in LA!!!

8. arjun

arjun Member

I have always wanted the Rockets to make the playoffs, or atleast win every game they can..I hate the thought of tanking..

THAT being said, just because some people want Rockets to tank doesn't mean they are not "real fans"...those guys also want to see the rockets win, they just feel that the best way for the rockets to win in the future is to tank now rather than being mediocre...i see their point, however i am a firm believer that it is always in the best interest of an organization, especially one like the Rockets, to maintain a winning culture. That is our biggest strength to sell to free agents...our winning culture. We don't want to be like the Clippers, Kings, Warriors, Raptors.

9. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I love it!
    if we win in LA and SAC im buying tickets to both the ind and phx games.

Was already going to the phx game, gotta see AB

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

That is so true. We have to see it as it is. It is very hard to come from nothing to something. This is not the 80'S

11. ribbit

ribbit Member

Heck, yeah! Let's go Rockets!

12. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

That is so true. We have to see it as it is. It is very hard to come from nothing to something. This is not the 80's. With the type of stars we have today. Tanking would put us in the same position as the clippers.

What alot of people don't realize is that we are in the most talented division in the entire NBA. If we were in any other division in the west, we would have a way better record

13. Relentless

Relentless Member

There is nothing like playoff basketball. I miss the playoff atmosphere.

I always think back to the 09 lakers series, I was at Dave and Busters and they shut the place down until the game was over.

I wish I could enjoy the 94 & 95 champions as an 8/9 yr old.

Some of you are very lucky to have loved that time.

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I watched game seven at dave and busters on richmond

15. Disciple of RP

First championship, I remember OJ and his BS interrupting game 5....but it was PURE GOLD. We beat the NY Knickbitches and get this: SI had a NY issue planned but when WE won.........they didn't know what to do....didn't have a Houston issue planned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houston sports fans canceled their SI subscriptions in DROVES and....lo and behold, SI made a Houston Rockets special edition...after MUCH ado about EVERYTHING!

I still have the OJ emblazoned magazine AND our championship edition....priceless as far as I'M concerned. Also, the next year didn't garner us much respect either...it was almost as if we were the villains to Shaq's team of good guys in the East....guess what? We swept his fat, bit.h ass and cemented our (HOUSTON) name in history as a marquee sports town.

Hakeem Olajuwon = TRUE HOUSTON HERO
    (ranks above Stephen F. Austin AND Sam Houston, IMHO)

16. Crixus

Crixus Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IMk5sMHj58I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

i was always with the Rockets to playoffs, lets go playoffs and vs lakers @ 1st round :D

18. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

^REPPED !!!

...that about sums it up. the way the rockets are playing now is exactly how they pushed the lakers to game 7 in 09 and how us real fans watched the rockets pick up all those bandwagon fans...they are playing with a "chip" on their shoulder thanks to all those nay-sayers and "pro-tankers"...its inspiring to see our team play hard and together without making excuses...

19. Disciple of RP

Honestly, a playoff berth is a very real possibility.

Memphis has a BRUTAL schedule to end the year.
    Phoenix has a "rough" schedule to end the year...can they win less than 10?
    Utah? Utah simply suck now. No WAY they finish ahead of us.

If we can pull of 12+ wins, playoffs are a VERY REAL possibility. WAY too late to tank now...we have to try and win. Would be great for the franchise to steal the 8th seed.

...you know you want to see Chuck post up D in the playoffs. You know it.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I am one of the pro-tank(REBUILD) guys.

I want to win championships not 8th seeds.