1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

May I ask if you're Black? I don't think Black people are so predictable like this.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t know she was half Indian. My wife is also.

Would be amazing for our country to elect a president with her diverse background in 2024. A huge step from the moron with the silver spoon

Nook, deb4rockets, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

Life comes at you fast...

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I do not like the current political system in America. Candidates spend too much time and money mudslinging their opponents and doing whatever it takes to win an election, rather than demonstrating how they plan on solving everyday problems faced by the average citizen. However, Donald Trump has forced my hand in this election. I wasn’t a hardcore supporter of either political party before March, and, to be perfectly frank, I hated politics. However, in the five months we’ve been dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic in America, Donald Trump has cemented himself as the worst president in American history, even worse than Richard Nixon, and that’s saying something. Under no circumstances can he win reelection. Joe Biden isn’t the world’s greatest candidate in my opinion, but I don’t care. He has the basic moral compass, compassion for others and integrity to serve as President of the United States of America. Trump doesn’t. That much is obvious after the way he has “handled” the ongoing pandemic, BLM protests surrounding the murder of George Floyd, and all the corruption and blatant disrespect for the Constitution and rule of law from his administration.

5. TheresTheDagger

It will be fun watching Kamala explain this:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/437107-harris-i-believe-biden-accusers

Harris: 'I believe' Biden accusers

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reeko, RayRay10 and TheFreak like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Who’s that guy?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Ya cause that's worked for well for the left in the past.... :rolleyes:

This election is about Biden holding on to every last single voter in order to pull off a close election. Think I'm wrong? There are voters in this thread on record saying they refuse to vote for Biden because of Kamala.

Trump is the known quantity. Kamala isn't. Every little thing that's revealed (and you know there's a lot) is gonna shed voters.

Space Ghost likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Former Quarterback of the Tampa Bay Bucs

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, it did in 2008. The last election where an incompetent, lying Republican President led to an amazing, historic result.

Trump is the known quantity. That's why there's nothing more that needs to be said.

There is great irony in your sudden interest considering you are the conspiracy theory Trump voter. Congrats on a great last three and a half years. It's been FAB.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should have chose Yang
    Yang is a friend to businesses

But you know, this is how Hollywood works
    @Os Trigonum

Yang never tried to out do Birdman like what Biden did when he was talking to the Breakfast Club

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course it’s about holding voters. What do you think Trump has been doing for four years? Trying to win over moderate Democrats or young people?? Haha.

Biden’s posting a 10 point lead which is basically unheard of in 2020 so of course the race will tighten and of course Biden’s camp is thinking about how he’s helped in a closer race. Why is that unthinkable?

Also we know you are a Trump supporter so why do they care about your analysis? The VP pick was not about appealing to Trumps hardcore supporters. You are gonna say what you guys are gonna say and lie and say “if he would have chose Yang or someone else I would have voted for Biden” when we know that’s crap. Yawn.

The Kamala pick obviously had a lot of analysis done by Biden’s camp that what she might help hold onto (Suburbs and black enthusiasm) is more important than what she might lose that they were already losing with Biden anyways, and I think that’s likely the enthusiasm with the Bernie is Christ folks.

However I think the gamble is that most of those folks will still do the right thing on Election Day and realize the power in government that AOC, Bernie, Ilhan, etc. will have with a Biden/Harris admin vs zero power to influence policy with a Trump second term.

Harris is probably too picked with the hope she can get the attention needed to try and drum up some more young voters who are showing some troubling signs with turnout. The Biden camp is not stupid. Especially since they absorbed the best minds from Obama’s camp and the Warren and the Buttigeig camp.

#733 dobro1229, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    DVauthrin, deb4rockets, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  14. vlaurelio

who?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So is the Biden/Harris admin going to be a crime spree Antifa leading group of rioters or will they be cops who are too tough on crime?

This is the argument the Trump campaign is trying to make already to have it both ways and it is so nonsensical. Is Kamala a cop or are her and Biden the leaders of Antifa? Can’t have it both ways.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not questioning your confidence, but curious how you felt in 2016 at the same juncture?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I would have loved it if he got the nod for VP. However, Yang avoid attacking and traditionally the VP candidate acts as the attack dog. It speaks to Biden running a conventional, traditional and conservative campaign. What you get with Biden is predictability and a lot of people has a want for that.

The unpredictable, unconventional + corrupt mixture of the current admin is why the US is such in a mess today. People are tire of that and wants a break from it.

Biden did said Yang is the future, so maybe he get to play some part or as advisor to Biden admin.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump 2016 was an unknown in governing. Trump 2020 is well known in governing. It is largely an election about Trump. He is energizing both for and against him.

For the VP pick, can’t you say that about ANY VP candidate? Even a Warren VP would piss off some progressive for the “war” she had with Bernie. Harris ran a national presidential campaign - of all the possible VP picks, she is one of the better known one. And yes, every little things will be used against her and Biden and that would have been the case for any VP candidate. For that not to happen, the tiger would have to lose its strips.

Were there any VP candidate that would have you consider Biden?

RayRay10 likes this.