1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the biggest thing to consider is the fact that Bernies people are involved in Biden’s campaign now and everyone in that room knows that Bernies supporters do not like Kamala because of her previous job as AG.

If Biden’s people decide she’s the best VP it’s because they see something she gains that far and away makes up for what he loses in enthusiasm from the left. I don’t see what she gains that a Stacy Abrams or Barbara Lee does not also bring but who knows.

This morning Susan Rice was called out in Biden’s campaign emails and that probably is a method to probe enthusiasm and intrigue data. I think Rice, and Abrams are probably the front runners at this point based on what I’m seeing with Elizabeth Warren still hanging in there.

My guess is Susan Rice gets it because her working relationship with Biden is something I think Biden will really emphasize.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

oops. that's inconvenient:

https://bass.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rep-bass-statement-passing-fidel-castro

Rep. Bass Statement on the Passing of Fidel Castro
    November 28, 2016
    Press Release
    Washington, DC - On Monday morning, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) issued the following statement regarding the passing of Fidel Castro.
    "As Cuba begins nine days of mourning, I wish to express my condolences to the Cuban people and the family of Fidel Castro. The passing of the Comandante en Jefe is a great loss to the people of Cuba. I hope together, our two nations will continue on the new path of support and collaboration with one another, and continue in the new direction of diplomacy."
    I'd say her odds just got a bit longer

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol there goes Florida

You have to remind people here because your duty as a superior intellect tells you to and because D&D don't care about Latinos
    that Cuban immigrants do not like Castro

[​IMG]
    D&D DOESN'T CARE ABOUT LATINOS!

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Biden said " I want my Vice-President to be the last person I hear an opinion from before I have to make a big decision"

The figure that stands out for that statement to me is Susan Rice. (she could also be a likely Chief Of Staff or Secretary Of State)

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I think it's basically Susan Rice's to lose at this point. No one else really checks enough boxes to really compare.

I read an article (can't find it now) that basically said that Biden wants someone that can handle foreign policy like he did during Obama's term. If that's the case, Rice is the choice.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Joe would loose more lefties then right wingers gained if he chose a republican.

DonnyMost and RayRay10 like this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree,though less than 10% of Republicans are not still supporting Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think fp was Obama's brightest spots. But the world will welcome anyone not Trump they might give Biden a medal for winning.

That does mean rice is a lock for sos if she's not vp. It'll take more than 4 years to build up what Trump tore down in the name of spite and grift...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. HROZ

HROZ Member

Susan Rice is the best choice imo

Despite the fact I don't think the Obama administration was great on foreign policy.

ryan_98, No Worries and KingCheetah like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I honestly have never gotten what Abrams brings to the table. How could she step in on day one and be President? She can't even win a local race...

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The problem I see with Ms. Rice is her Q factor, she doesn't exude much charisma. Competence and experience should matter but this is the USATV, we elected a reality show star. Ms. Harris brings a lot more of that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She's a technocrat. As far as I know she's never even run for elected office. That doesn't mean she necessarily would be bad at the job but she hasn't proven herself on the campaign trail.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I believe Rice will be the choice -- KH is option #2 if there is a problem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Karen Bass won't be VP choice because of those extreme statements and she is not High Profile enough. Susan Rice has not been an elected official and so she doesn't have the legislative experience. Really, there is no other choice than Harris.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I still wouldn’t count out Liz Warren. The people who hate her were never voting for Biden to begin with. She’ll solidify the Bernie base. She’s ready to be president. She’s vetted. You know the attacks she’ll get, and they aren’t anything to worry about. She polls higher with African Americans than African American candidates.

Only negative is she’s also pretty old but to be honest, that doesn’t concern me. She is very very sharp and seems super healthy.

I also like her on trade if the race tightens and we need to really have good trade policy in the rust belt swing states.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How does wishing Giselle Maxwell well stack up to this?

RayRay10 likes this.