1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Deckard likes this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Dude Trump is accused of rape by several women. Nice try troll. The real pervert is the one who grabs woman by their p***y. If you are going to be a troll. At least try and be good at it. Try harder there bud.

#1442 AleksandarN, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Don't know what troll you're wasting time on, but the number of women I think is 18 women accusing Trump of unwanted groping and worse. Nice guy.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Took me two seconds to find an example of trump’s corruption. Like I said try harder troll

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.amp.html

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What the Bernie Brats don't want to concede is that the majority of voters would much rather have a very flawed Joe Biden go up against Trump than to risk a Bernie Presidency. They just don't realize that they are a very small minority and the rest of us aint having it.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So many strawmans. Rigged the election?

Joe Biden AUTHORED the crime bill.

Also I could tell you have no defense for Biden voting and advocating for the Iraq War, one of the greatest mistakes in American history. The omission of a sarcastic quip making fun of those who have issue with Biden voting for the war is very telling on your part. What, it was 18 years ago? So irrelevant huh?

Not only did he vote for the Iraq war, he stumped for Bush Jr stating that he trusts him to make the right decision.

No defense of him compromising with segregationists?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk...mise-segregationists-he-fought-their-n1021626

But he's z progressive who voted for the Iraq war and authored a bill that mass incarcerated Americans. He's not a progressive. He's neo-liberal. The exact type of ideology that has caused the economic trends of the past 50 years.

And the audacity to be on a high horse when you on multiple occasions have said you wouldn't vote if Bernie is elected. At least I know I would vote for Biden. You think your sorry justification you posted here makes any sense?

Joe Biden has been on the wrong side of history on many occasions.

#1446 fchowd0311, Mar 11, 2020
  7. Major

Major Member

I just think it's fascinating how many lives you're willing to sacrifice and destroy in the longshot hopes that 4 more years of Trump leads to some kind of new progressive movement. I mean, who cares about all the kids in cages, right? Incompetent responses to global pandemic? Small price to pay for a tiny chance that progressives win some kind of miracle control of government in 2024. Yeah, seems like a 50/50 call to me. :rolleyes:

clutchdabear, dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Older voters like you who think a neo-liberal Iraq War backing, segregationist apologist is better than the progressive movement is why they will never have a chance.

9. Major

Major Member

What is your purpose of mentioning this 30 times? Black voters have shown, over and over, that they still support Biden. They don't hold this against him - largely because most of them also supported the crime bill. What exactly are you trying to demonstrate here? That Biden worked with the black community on issues that were a priority for them? And that's a bad thing?

clutchdabear, dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Or maybe they have no chance because they understand nothing about governing or building coalitions or how basic democracy and voting works. To her credit, Warren does and actually gets progressive things done - unfortunately for her, much of the progressive movement was more interested in making statements and yelling into the sky than actually getting things done.

clutchdabear and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You do understand that what got dip$hit elected were the folks who stayed home rather than voting for the eventual Democratic nominee, right?

Sometimes, standing on ceremony or principle is not prudent.

clutchdabear and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So many of you falling for T_J's bait when it isn't even his best material. 2008 was his prime on this BBS for trolling.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Accusations are not charges, and are certainly not convictions. Many hard core partisans can be rounded up to make politically-motivated accusations. Brett Kavanaugh's situation is a perfect example. Christine Blasey Ford was trotted out to lie her face off about a 30+ year old allegation that was ultimately proven to be baseless. Her allegations were proven to be false by eye witnesses and an FBI investigation. Yet many fools still believe Kavanaugh was guilty of wrongdoing. My point is anyone can be accused. Trump was accused of colluding with the Russians. He was exonerated completely by the most extensive investigation in US history. Allegations of wrongdoing are VERY different than actual video evidence of Joe Biden groping and sniffing young girls. Allegations of corruption are very different than Joe Biden's children enriching themselves by selling political access and favor. Biden is guilty of ACTUAL corruption and ACTUAL perversion. There is simply no evidence of Trump doing either, despite the liberals' breathless attacks and false allegations.

My points stand in their entirety.

GOOD DAY

14. fchowd0311

Do you have any data that black people support the crime bill?

I've listened to enough CNN and NPR pundintry where whenever someone tries to express explain Biden's popularity with African Americans, the only thing they can cr up with is "he was the vice president to the first black president". That's what CNN pundits and NOR pundits think. There is zero substance behind it besides support through assosiation.

And black people are not a monolith. Plenty of African Americans have no love for Biden and I'm going to predict that lack of love for Biden amongst African Americans has a strong positive correlation with black voters who are more of political junkies who have time to read about polticial news as a hobby such as many of us here.

#1454 fchowd0311, Mar 11, 2020
  15. fchowd0311

Why don't people put him on ignore? Why engage with someone who obviously is posting in bad faith?

16. fchowd0311

Building coalitions is much easier when you have trillion dollar industries and Wall Street bankers backing your "cause" through think tanks and PACs such as Third Way.

But hey, money doesn't speak. Money speaking is a conspiracy theory equivalent to 9/11 trutherism.

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    This is the Debate & Discussion Forum, yet when people present an eloquent, opposing view, the liberals race to put them on ignore and complain of trolling. Is there a more intolerant group in America today than emotional liberals? I have made a very compelling argument about how Joe Biden is a substantially worse person than Donald Trump, due to Biden's corruption and perverted behavior. I haven't insulted anyone and I haven't encouraged others to put people on ignore. I sense frustration from the liberals that they can't mount a defense!

GOOD DAY

18. Major

Major Member

*Supported*. And yes, there is plenty of data. You can look at the CBC and their votes for it. Or you can look at who was advocating for it. Or who was involved in writing it. The black community was part of the process every step of the way. Here is one of a gazillion articles on it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/analysis-black-leaders-supported-clinton-s-crime-bill-n552961

But if Bill and Hillary Clinton were the pot, black politicians, activists, and pastors were the kettle. Their support of punitive measures actually paved the way for Clinton. It began with the man Ebony Magazine called the "front-line general in the war on drugs."

On tapes secretly recorded by former president Richard Nixon, Congressman Charles Rangel can be heard in closed door meetings urging Nixon to be more aggressive on the "War on Drugs."

“Public enemy number one in the United States is drug abuse. In order to fight and defeat this enemy, it is necessary to wage a new, all-out offensive,” the Harlem Democrat can be heard saying in words that Nixon would later mimic.

Rangel opposed drug legalization and embraced police militarization. He stood proudly by Nancy as President Ronald Reagan signed another drug-war law.

Curiously, Rangel was among the 11 Congressional Black Caucus members who voted against Clinton's Crime Bill, which did not lack of black support. In addition to the dozens of pastors who signed a letter in support of the bill, it also had the support of black mayors. Kurt Schmoke, the first elected black mayor of Baltimore, was a vigorous supporter.

Even then U.S. Representative Kweisi Mfume, then chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) who understood the bill was a means to “find better ways to incarcerate people” eventually buckled, not only supporting the bill, but was ultimately responsible for its passage by rallying a majority of CBC members to vote for it after the bill was nearly derailed on a procedural issue.

The Clintons quite likely were motivated by political expediency -- appealing to white voters with "tough on crime" measures; however it is clear black leaders were simply desperate to rid communities of the gang violence terrorizing their communities. The crime wave was real with rapes, assaults, and murders at never before seen levels, especially in inner-cities.

They didn't have the benefit of knowing what we do now: that the death penalty would be disproportionately administered to black defendants; that many imprisoned didn't pose a serious threat; that many of the "criminals" had actually been victims of childhood lead poisoning which studies show link to "impulsivity, behavioral problems, hyperactivity, and impaired cognition, all of which are associated with crime."

19. fchowd0311

I want polling data. A segment of black leaders is not polling data.

20. Major

Major Member

Say what you want about it being "difficult" - it's also necessary. Before blaming people like me for Bernie's failures, maybe you should look at the fact that he couldn't even keep his own voters from 2016 on board. Or that when Warren dropped out - an ally on the issues - her comments about Joe were about his decency and leadership. And her comments on Bernie were about the obnoxiousness of Bernie Bros.

Remember, this failure is specific to Bernie. Warren has had success in the movement pushing policies leftward. She's accomplished things. It's Bernie that has repeatedly failed. And his actions likely are setting the movement backward.