1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sanders isn't a victim. The people exposed to McCarthyism and red scare tactics along with those ****ed over from that fear are the victims.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Say what you will about Obama, the guy has extraordinary charisma. He even carry Indiana back in 2008. Indiana?!? If the dems want to win this year, the dems nominee better beg for Obama to show in places like Wisconsin.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m surprised Jill (Biden’s bodyguard) didn’t chest bump that dude.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

538 model has come back online after plugging in all data from Super Tuesday.

They now project Joe Biden to have an 88% chance to win an outright majority.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Sanders through his surrogates sure as hell act like victims. Every failing is because of someone else, some conspiracy or when that fails - an ignorant electorate.

RayRay10, joshuaao, Corrosion and 3 others like this.
  6. justtxyank

The story of the 2020 Democratic candidates:
    You didn't vote for ME because you are either stupid, racist, sexist or sold out to the machine.

Corrosion, JuanValdez and Nook like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

RayRay10, Corrosion and Nook like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry I know you are referring to your skepticism on Warren getting a big dose of "is she likeable" medicine but that's nonsense to lump everyone in with Sandersnistas.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. justtxyank

Eh...

I disagree. Warren, Booker, Kamala and Sanders have all used those excused I listed.

The only big ones to lose without blaming anyone really have been Amy Klobuchar and Peter Buttigieg.

jcf, RayRay10, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is the 2nd time you said somebody cried racism, I have not seen that.

11. Nook

Nook Member

This is what I do not get. I am not running for President. I have followed politics and read about and lived through a number of Presidential elections.

One thing I know, is that someone that is running for President, that has a victim mentality is not going to win. People want someone that is confident, assertive and takes control to lead. To the point that we will elect terrible people if they have the confidence.

RayRay10 and joshuaao like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The thing is, the claims can even be true or justified....... but pointing them out, or crying about them is a death sentence for someone running for President.

Kennedy got a lot of **** for being Catholic.... and I do not doubt at all that he suffered for it but he never cried or complained about it and silenced those that did.

Reagan was made fun of for being an actor and not a career politician and he never really complained about it in public other than to handle it with humor.

Obama dealt with **** because he was black and people said he was a Muslim. He never complained. He ran a positive campaign, he only later made jokes about it.

It isn't a matter of what is fair..... it is the reality of what people want in a top leader and that is someone that is confident, assured.

RayRay10, joshuaao, Corrosion and 2 others like this.
  13. justtxyank

Go back and read the articles about the travesty that was Kamala Harris being "forced out" of the race.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am sure somebody said it but it was never at the level of what Bernie and his supporters are doing or what is starting to happen with Warren and misogyny.

I thought she (Warren) gave a great answer when questioned about it. She did not want to say yes and look like a whinner but she knows if she says no a million women will ask what planet has she been on.

15. justtxyank

No that is fair, it wasn't as bad as what is happening now. This has been a crescendo throughout though.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That's why they all suck. Sanders sucks too. I'll vote for him instead of Trump if he gets the nomination but only because I hate Trump that much.

17. adoo

adoo Member

as did W

fyi, in 2005, W nominated Benahke for the Fed Chair post, and in 2010, Obama nominated Benahke for a second term.

as far as Fed Chairs go, Ben (a life-long Republican) had been a dove, very accomodative $ policies.

QE actually started under W's watch
    just the opposite.

both Obama and W had accomodative Fed, but that's where the similarity ends.

they both employed a combination of Monetary / Fiscal tools to revive the cratered US economy, ,
    • while W failed to recover his own F**ked-up, Obama was able to revive the dying US economy

what a difference competence make !

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump?

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I predict Biden will withdraw from future primary debates

JuanValdez likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hmmm. don't think so, that would definitely be interpreted as a sign of weakness. And actually I think he would do okay in a head-to-head debate with only Bernie on the stage

Nook and Jayzers_100 like this.