1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ugh. There is no significant or meaningful similarity between the Germany of the 1930s and the USA of today; nor of their executive government leadership.

justtxyank, Astrodome and HTM like this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well there is, but it's just not in the way most people think and goes against mainstream narrative.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, I'm all about going against the mainstream narrative. I'd be interested in you elaborating further, if you care to. But I just don't see it. Unless maybe you're talking about Antifa. If anyone should be compared to 1930s Germany, it's those people.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dude is killing it in the polls.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"I beg to differ."
    [​IMG]

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think there definitely is similar rhetoric and style that Trump employs that are akin to fascists of the past such as calling detractors and criticism as "enemy of the people" or using campaign rallies as glorified police blotters of crimes committed by minorites, scapegoating immigrants, blaming Jews and liberals of brining in hordes of brown people etc.

Thank goodness our institutions are far more dependable in not allowing that fascist rhetoric to be mostly anything beyond rhetoric.

Nook likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Most people will go with the simple easy answer, that's Biden.

What needs to happen is Obama and Biden join in support of one of the younger candidates with a cleaner track record. Then that candidate should lay out Cabinet level positions for the other contenders and the Dems show up with a 100% team attitude. The protential appointees could be everywhere all the time speaking to their particular expertise,like: Kamala Harris, Attorney General on Russian interference, Secretary Of The Treasury Elizabeth Warren on tax equity, Secretary of HUD Beto on low income housing.....

Deckard, Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Hilarious. :D

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's how I do my Thanksgiving turkey.

Deckard likes this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I wonder if these folks know Joe is gunning for their social security? He wants to means test it and reduce the cola, just like Paul Ryan.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dude, we all have the same goal of taking out the trash in the Whitehouse. There is only one avenue and it is whoever the Democrats nominate. By all means, stump for your preferred candidate but otherwise keep your eye on the prize.

Deckard and Dubious like this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

Ha, that's funny but at the same time those are the folks that actually turn out to vote

Nook likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

Weird - I never took you as a "we have to make sure to protect the rich!!" kinda guy.

Rashmon likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

Why can't Biden do the same thing with his appointees?

Deckard and jcf like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

Scranton Joe mocks Trump for posting 60 tweets attacking the former VP in the span of an hour;
    https://www.mediaite.com/trump/watch-biden-taunts-trump-for-tweeting-about-him-60-times-in-1-hour/

“I understand the President’s been tweeting a lot about me this morning,” Biden said, with a chuckle.
    He added, “I wonder why the hell he’s doing that?”

The remark drew laughs from the Iowa City crowd, and prompted a smile from Biden.
    Biden expects more attacks from Trump, including some directed at his wife and children

Trump's tweet attacks corroborate Biden's front-runner status

18. Dubious

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not too surprising that Dems don&#39;t see Obama as a failure but striking that only 17% want a candidate more liberal than Obama was. Sanders cleans up with these voters, but Biden leads with all other voters. <a href="https://t.co/H6isBSfTVz">pic.twitter.com/H6isBSfTVz</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Ruffini (@PatrickRuffini) <a href="">April 30, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nook likes this.
  19. Dubious

Biden has political baggage and an age problem. I think the Dems need to stay away from candidates with easy ridicule, that's Trumps wheelhouse.

You want a candidate with a cleaner slate, articulating a vision and moral high ground instead of fending off the past, i.e. Obama. I don't see exactly what I'd want in any of the 20 though actually.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

Who has a cleaner slate or do they just have a slate that's not been vetted as much as Biden.

I think Biden is especially immune from Trumps ridicule a lot of his voters actually like Biden.

I am not for this perfect candidate and don't think they exist

TheFreak and Major like this.