1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Biden hitting a number of populist themes (corporations ducking taxes, manufacturing jobs here in America, unions fighting for the worker, workers deserving reward)... and this clear differentiation, as trump was cheating on his wife who was home with their infant son.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

If Trump's strategy works American's will be asking why he didn't gas those protesters sooner.

The American sentiment on the protesters is going to change and Trump knows it.

The longer the protesters are out there and the more extremists on the left call for change..... the more Americans are going to get sick of it.

This whole narrative can flip over a few weeks time.

joshuaao, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This already failed as badly as it possibly could the first time - obviously since Trump is stupid, it's no guarantee about him not retrying it - but it's not like the streets are currently clogged with rampaging protesters - they're clogged with ambulances and unemployed people.

Trump can tweet "LAW & ORDER" all he wants but it hasn't worked yet and if anythign it has hurt him, you can say "it's goign to change" but there's no evidence of this.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Biden had a good speech honestly but I don’t believe we ever will be united. Ever

R.I.P. USA, 1776-2020 had a good run and was great at times but never ever perfect but still better than many alternatives

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The protest are all ready dying down and defunding the cops mantra has seemed to peter out as well.

I also don't see how people getting sick of these things means a vote for Trump because he is still stoking this stuff.

RayRay10 and SamFisher like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

It can very well start back up. It doesn't help Biden for the far left to garner so much media attention.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

Black lives matter is actually polling better than Biden.

The other thing is that people are underestimating how Trump moves public opinion now. He is so toxic that his endorsement of a position almost instantly erodes support for that position.

Look at the reopen the schools mini campaign yesterday. It's an important goal. But people instinctively recoiled from Trump and Cruella Devos on it the second they tried to use it yesterday

#2188 SamFisher, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes it can start up but also the star of these things had high approvals, so it depends on why they would start.

I agree it does not help but like most things they seem too even out.

The left boogie man has been tied to Biden since April and it has not hurt him, I think most people can differentiate the difference from Biden and random twitter people.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

And? Are you saying that wont ever change?

Im obviously talking hypotheticals

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Don't put all your confidence into trends from now. I'm just talking hypotheticals....

I agree with Nook, the longer the protests go on, the worse for Dems. Fatigue can set in.

12. SamFisher

Change enough to materially help Trump on the next 100 days?

No this is an insanely low probability event. Like the Floyd video being proven a deep fake from Hillary's server level of probability

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

I wouldnt underestimate them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't have any confidence in trends and I agree that fatigue will set in but the facts are that protest are dying down and fatigue does not mean you still will not vote against Trump.

There is not a one to one correlation.

We are seriously walking on to many eggshells concerning Trump and the election.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. SamFisher

It's not a trend it's a sea change in the empirical data and one that's being ushered along by demographic change as well.

You're the one posting the hypo - what event seems within the realm of statistical probability that you believe will reverse this trend/sea change? I just don't see anything on the horizon given the current moment

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

A sea change, are we sure its not a tidal wave.....? Tsunami? Maybe trickle..... we keep hearing about the demographic change but Dems still fighting to win back what they lost in 2010.

Actually I'm just agreeing with Nook that the longer the conservative media has to pin all the far left extremist behavior and cancel culture on Biden, the worse it is for Dems.

17. dmoneybangbang

It's just amusing what happens when a Democrat like myself doesn't share the group mind's exact optimism....

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

I also posited that I was worried about Biden getting out there and campaigning and here's stepped up to the plate shrewdly with a new "Buy America". I'm still worried about Biden on his own in front of a mic.... but its promising.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What is happening?

What is the group think?

I agree with you a lot but I am getting tired of this idea that the Democratic group think is that Biden has it in the bag, I don't see it here or in the world at large.

I am also tired of people talking about Trump as if he has mystical powers and everything has to perfect for Biden to win.

It's really amusing that anybody thinks there is a group mind among democrats in D&D did we just forget the primaries?

Nothing personal just ranting a bit.:D

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

These are good points..... it really depends on what happens. Regardless that is the tact he is taking.

RayRay10 likes this.