1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 17, 2015.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans 16
    Jets 9

Multiple TO's by Geno Smith/Fitzy set up Texans FG's. No TD's given up for a 3rd straight game.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This game either has MAJOR letdown potential after a big win, or it could tell us a lot about the Texans playoff chances.

I'm going to lean on the side of confidence since the Jets have been slipping hard lately.

21-17 Texans

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Or the running game :eek:

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then we're losing

5. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Concur. Any NFL organization that would *allow* even a for-profit t-shirt company to create a "fear-the-beard" t-shirt with Fitzy in mind, is in far worse shape than the Texans were....no matter their current record.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully hoyer is back. If they find a way to beat the jets then the division will be very interesting. Still have 3 bad teams on the schedule (saints, jags , and Titans)

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

last night was the first time in a long time that I thoroughly enjoyed a Texans game...even with the low score affair.

I haven't yelled that much for a game in a while....I know I know...yelling at the tv / projector....but even got a high five from my GF when the ruling was a fumble at the end.

Fun fun game.

Let's continue that 0 TD streak!

8. Mr. Clutch

Suddenly paying $100 for Sunday's game before the season started doesn't look like such a horrible decision

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

If Bills lose to the Patriots, and the Texans win; Texans will be tied for the final wild card spot.

If Colts lose to the Falcons and the Texans win; Texans will be in sole possession of first place.

If Texans win, they will be 5-5. Same record after week 11 last year.

10. Mr. Clutch

Three of our wins are against Jax, Tenn, and TB.

The schedule has helped.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Love how the team has played the past two games...amazing what can happen when you get rid of a cancer like Mallett.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

3 of the Colts wins are against Jax, Tenn, and Houston. The schedule has helped.

3 of the Raiders wins are against Ravens (2-7), Browns (2-8), and Chargers (2-7). The schedule has helped.

13. Mr. Clutch

Yeah those are not good teams either

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Bengals have played three 2-win teams, and overall, just two of their opponents have a winning record.

But there are always far more losing than winning teams in the NFL in any given year; look at the current standings: 11 teams have a winning record; 21 do not. *Most* games are going to be against teams with losing records. I don't know why people get so hung up on this...

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

True... but you have to admit there's a lot of bad football teams out there this year (with the quality of play overall in the NFL seeming to be lacking).

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Point is, the schedule has helped a lot of teams.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Texans draw us in...only to let us down...I'll continue my season of pessimism, hoping Im the jinx...

Texans get embarrassed at home...31-17 Jets.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'll be home for the Saints game and getting tickets. Here's to hoping the game is a chance at over .500!!
    Please get to 5-5 this week Texans!

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You know... I've been mostly checked out on the Texans' season (for a variety of reasons) - but looking at the final seven games... I'm not saying they will but... 6-1 would not be a shocking finish and 4-2 seems fairly viable. Other than the Patriots (which, at least is a home game), there isn't an overwhelming favorite on their schedule, and if Luck is still out, they face just two above-average QBs (Brady and Brees).

I don't expect them to go 6-1, or even 4-2 - but these final seven games are certainly more intriguing today than they were this time yesterday.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm going to this game and I think we pull it off for the soldiers with it being salute to service game. JJ isn't going to let down the military at home.