1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does anyone else think that when we officially got Lin that he should have done a TV interview and said, "Houston, I Come"!

I miss Yao!

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's "Houston, I am come!"

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think you'll get your wish when Omer Asik signs.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Cut me some damn slack! Its been a decade.

Carry on.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy we picked up Lin, only for the fact I know who he is.

6. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

FanRocketBear?

No, it's BearRocketFan you stupid!

Hahahahahaha, hilarious.

SS999

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Al Gore tried to warn us about him -- half bear, half fan, half rocket.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's what she said. :grin:

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I found this article interesting from the NYT

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_offer_wouldn_answer_hotel_zRaVbwyEWrUpvfkePl9DCK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks%20Blog

Knicks GM Grunwald wouldn't answer hotel room door to accept Lin offer sheet

Glen Grunwald pulled a Las Vegas disappearing act of David Copperfield proportions last week.

The Knicks general manager refused to open the door of his hotel room and avoided a Knicks summer league game in order to avoid being delivered the Jeremy Lin offer sheet by the Rockets, according to a report in the Houston Chronicle. It got so bad that the Rockets went to the NBA for a ruling on when the offer sheet should be considered received.

“We asked the league for help,” Houston GM Daryl Morey told the Chronicle. “They gave us advice. We did what they suggested. They say they consider it a team-to-team issue.”

Grunwald wouldn’t answer the door of his hotel room at the posh Mandarin Oriental or come to the front desk to accept the offer sheet. Grunwald, who just hours earlier had completed a sign-and-trade with the Rockets for Marcus Camby, refused to set up a meeting. Rockets attorneys e-mailed the Lin offer sheet and also sent it overnight to the Knicks offices at Madison Square Garden.
    The Rockets took the position that the sheet was received July 13 at 11:59 p.m., which would give the Knicks three days to match. On Tuesday, New York officially declined to meet the backloaded three-year, $25.1 million offer for Lin, mostly because they were angry that Houston made late alterations that would have hit the Knicks with $15 million against their cap in the third year. Lin’s fate was sealed even earlier, though, when reports came in that the Knicks had acquired point guard Raymond Felton in a sign-and-trade with the Blazers.

Still Morey wasn’t convinced that Lin would be a Rocket even after hearing of the liekly Felton transaction.

“I knew about that two nights before,” Morey told the Chronicle, “but I absolutely thought they would match the whole way.”

The Houston GM said he wasn’t certain until Grunwald called Lin and told him the Knicks’ plans in a conversation that lasted less than a minute.

“I knew then they wouldn’t tell Jeremy unless it was done,” Morey said. “That was the first time I really thought it. We got him.”

10. Pubsaint

Pubsaint Member

Glen Grunwald struggled before he sell his soul to the demon:rolleyes:

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Did the NYPost crib Feigan's article?

12. moreyball

moreyball Member

Can't stand Lin's Tim Tebow persona :mad:

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. luden

luden Member

Uh, you won't see Lin going on fox news anytime soon. He's not like Tebow in that way.

15. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

What? Do you mean the Christian thing? Why does that bug you?

16. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yeah is it the whole Christian thing? Nothing is wrong with that... If anything we need more people like him in the celebrity/sports world.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

There are a lot of guys that are really religious in the NBA. KD for example. Nice humble guy who is so easy to root for.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The world needs less proselytizing, not more.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lin doesn't have the same persona as Tebow at all. Tebow is intentionally flashy about how he's such a good Christian. Lin doesn't hide it but doesn't try to show it off either.

Humility versus Conceit.

20. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would much rather have character examples of Lin and Tebow for my son (with or without the God-talk) than what a lot of other professional athletes are putting out there.