1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Chris Rock, one of the few who understands this 'hate' towards Lin is partially caused by race. With his last name, he should become a Rockets fan, there's no fun rooting for selfish guys like Melo, Stoudemire and JR.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol, I'm pretty sure his username is BE A ROCKET FAN.....not BEAR ROCKET FAN.
    I could be wrong though.

3. marexx

marexx Member

hes gonna be a good role player probably 8 and 3

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Troll.

5. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Anybody else enjoying how Morey turned the Knickfans against each other? lol

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes. I just finished a course in NY and let me tell you they are pissed. Talking to some of my former classmates Dolan has just made bad decision after bad decision over the years. I think Knick fans will be okay as long as the team gets off to a good start, they are winning and Felton plays well. But if Lin plays well though, even if the entire team is struggling (particularly if he outplays Felton when playing the Knicks) NYers will be frustrated. The Knicks have put themselves in a position where they have to make it to the conference final at the minimum to be honest. Like they definitely have to get past the first round and be at least somewhat competitive in the second round. If Felton and Kidd go down to injury and Lin stays healthy Knick fans will be pissed. There are a lot of scenarios that will result in Knick fans being mad.

7. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Lin interview with CNN

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QCvIPEVHt-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Please knicks keep linn lets not have a brand new team for the tenth year in a row. Things have to sit in order to jell.

Chris Rock is a comedic genuis

9. thejav

thejav Member

if lin cant help us get dwight howard at least he can help obama stop violence towards women..

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YUEQ0ZJR_uU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Not that I recall... But I didn't claim the kid was thenext hall of famer either

11. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Well done Morey! This is like acquiring a free top pick, let another team develop him for a great rookie year, and give him back to the Rockets for absolutely FREE!

Now go pimp the Magic, Pimp Daddy Morey!

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

sorta echoed steve nash when he said something along the lines of 'money isn't everything, but it feels good to know they're willing to invest/make you feel validated as a player'. People wanna talk about loyalty to the knicks etc, but the reality is if he signs a lower value contract, he's on the block more than anybody. Everything in the nba is business.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I haven't watched the Sports Reporters in over a decade, but I plan to tune in this morning.

14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If you're not against it... you must be For it! :mad: ;)

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is funny because he met Nash at the ESPY's after news of his offer sheet had come out. He said that him and Nash had talked. So I am sure Nash brought it up and said congratulations on the offer sheet money is a sign of respect and something along those lines. When Nash was on ESPN NY prior to FA period he said essentially the same thing that Lin said. Money is a sign of respect and I want to be validated as a player monetarily. Things like that decrease your chances of going up on the trading block.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Disagree.
    Respect is who you are.
    Money is what you have.
    And I like to call the wise use of both Power.

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I somewhat agree with what you are saying, but let's say that You and I are both drafted by the Rockets, put up similarly spectacular stats and our contracts are up at the same time. If you are offered a contract that gives you a salary 3 million higher than my offer, I will feel disrespected.

The money that Lin was offered is an indication of his perceived value. If you get money comparable to other good players at your position, it is a sign of respect from the team.

19. devin23

devin23 Member

Charles who never liked to give much praise to the rockets seems like a big Jeremy fan. Here's his quote in USA today, saying Jeremy will have a greater career than Tebow.

Here is Charles quote: "Well, I think Jeremy Lin is a good player. He's going to have more success. Tebow is a good kid, but he's honestly going there to be the backup. Jeremy Lin is going there to be the starting point guard, and he did some incredible stuff. I want to see him do well. That's one of the greatest stories I've ever seen, to be honest with you, as long as I've been involved with the NBA.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...les-barkley-jeremy-lin-will-trump-tim-tebow/1

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Charles always liked Lin. But remember Barkley hates the Knicks for some reason. Always rips on them. Barkley always complimented Lin, Novak and Melo. That is pretty much it.