1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

2. littletigers10

thanks, bro. I did miss it and glad that you posted it!;)

3. conquistador#11

No! he must be glorious asian comrade! And the return of glorious red and yellow uniform is imminent!

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yall quit talking about the political aspects of this, if you want to do that take it to D&D.

For those of you new to here, hot button topics (religion, politics) are NOT permitted in any forum other than D&D. If you wish to discuss serious topics like those go here http://bbs.clutchfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I've never been a huge Lin fan, but he handled the question about his critics like a boss. Lol for putting that Forbes article on blast. I'm sure he's frustrated with all the hate and negativity, but he's handling it like a consummate professional and I hope he... you know the rest.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Is anyone else worried that he got injured in only 25 starts? How is he going to last a full season?

7. jason330i

jason330i Member

it was a compressed season where playing 3 nights in a row was common.

then he went from playing no minutes to a lot of minutes, overnight.

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

The way he was used in that 25 games, I'd be surprised if he's not injured. He had no other injury prior to that.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I think that this interview shows that the comment about "preferring New York" has been misinterpreted.

My read of the tea leaves is that he was NOT saying he preferred the NYKs over Houston Rockets. He was referring to the period of time going into free agency -- before Houston has even contacted him (they couldnt). He was saying that he had a great season, assumed he would continue to be a Knick and this was his preference. But the Knicks never made him an offer, and Houston called him. The timing and context matters.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

No. Not worried. He went from plaaying 0 minute to 30+ minutes overnight in a compressed season. His body wasn't properly conditioned to start and last for 82 games. This sumer he will work on that.

11. jason330i

jason330i Member

even if new york was his first choice, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

goran was houson's first choice also, no?

he was a restricted free agent, so he's got to like and want to play for both teams.

12. tefunk

tefunk Member

Marc Berman from NY Post

Jeremy Lin was asked at his Houston press conference about a perception he did not want to play in playoffs. It is such a bogus premise to be mindbloggling. The concern should be why he wasn't closer to 100 percent, why he still couldn't jump and dunk after about six weeks. A torn meniscus means a level of arthritis existed at age 23. Not good. Only #Knicks and Rockets knows the level found in his removed cartilage. But Knicks let him leave. So it may tell you something.

http://sulia.com/source/S-7188461/

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

After they installed him as a starter, they actually had him playing a stupid number of minutes. I said at the time he was likely to be injured if they kept running him to the bone like that. He had a number of 40+ minute games in a short stretch, and he played 36+ minutes almost every night.

For a brief stretch they were running him out there like he was Kobe Bryant in his prime. Just a silly thing to do to a young player who isn't prepared for that kind of workload.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

NY Post are hacks. I thought we already cleared this up that it was only a small tear which didn't require surgery and wasn't a big deal moving forward.

15. tefunk

tefunk Member

He did get surgery for it.

[​IMG]

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

With his aggressive playing style his chances of getting injure is pretty high. He needs to play like a Steve Nash. But what's is good is that he knows how to break his fall like they taught you how to dive in volleyball.

17. tefunk

tefunk Member

Just listened to the Dr. interview in the Bynum thread. Guess its not so bad. Hopefully.

18. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Berman has some sort of agenda against Lin, maybe just to gain more readers. He's a troll like SAS.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sorry, should've said he didn't have surgery to get it repaired, only a small piece removed.

20. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

here's to you jeremy lin

la cumbia del chinito

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D45aKs4O7MY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i love this jam