1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams Watch Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheDr34m, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Ideally a trade works for both teams. It's hard not to root for Lamb since he was drafted a Rocket. With that being said, Presti would take that trade back in a heartbeat if he could.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's exactly who I compare him to. Klay Thompson is Lamb's "stretch goal".

3. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

I think Presti feels a bit better when he takes a peek at the standings tho. There is NO dropoff over here. We were 17-4 at this time last yr. We are 17-4 now. Bench looking good thanks to Lamb and adams. God bless Daryl Morey ;)

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

There you go.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

If you look at the standing of last season, you will find Rockets were in the playoffs. (Thanks for Presti) Then you will remember the reason of OKC's drop off in the playoffs.

God knows what will happen after the two teams meet in the next playoffs.
    God bless both Daryl Morey and Presti.

6. Panthro

Panthro Rookie

This.

And I think it will work out for both teams.

Houston got the best player in the deal. And getting Harden changed the Rockets' entire team. Not only did he make them better, but they were then able to land Howard. It was a slam dunk for Houston.

OKC needed cap flexibility and got back a lot of really nice pieces. K Mart for one year, which made them contenders still last year. He turned into a nice $6.5 million trade exception that they'll probably use. Jeremy Lamb looks like he could be K-Mart 2.0, but with more athleticism and defensive ability. He's really exciting and very promising. Steven Adams looks like he might be the steal of the draft. He was supposed to be raw, yet he already is turning heads with his ability on both sides of the floor. Alex Abrines looks like a sharpshooting overseas stash. And that Mavs #1 pick looks like it will happen next year-- a #21-ish pick in one of the all-time most stacked NBA drafts.

I think the narrative is starting to turn on the trade. For Houston, it will always be a slam dunk. But whereas everyone at first thought OKC got completely robbed in the deal, it looks like it is going to work out just fine for them. They freed themselves of a max deal and surrounded their two superstars with a bunch of nice pieces. And Presti has a ton of assets to play with now. And if Lamb keeps progressing at the rate he is now, then OKC can breathe a huge sigh of relief. He looks legit.

7. Panthro

Panthro Rookie

The reason for OKC's drop in the playoffs was because Westbrook went out. It had nothing to do with the Harden trade. The Thunder were West favorites before they lost Westbrook.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Uh, no. The Thunder lost the trade, because they could have gotten more, period.

9. Panthro

Panthro Rookie

You are overestimating the value of Harden at the time. Now, he looks like a bonafide superstar. At the time, he was the reigning Sixth Man of the Year and looked like he had the makings of a superstar, but he hadn't even made an All Star game yet and hadn't carried a team on his shoulders as a #1 option. There were doubts he could. Obviously, those doubts were off base. Presti tried first to turn Harden into Bradley Beal. Then Klay Thompson. Both those teams (stupidly) said no. So the Rockets' deal was the best Presti could get at the time. I'm sure the Wizards and Warriors wish they could turn back time.

10. vegajf

vegajf Member

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

uh oh. Harden trade not looking as good to OKC as once thought.

For 29 games in 2014, Jerome Lamb is shooting about as good as Rick Rubio.

~39% FGs, 30% 3s and there's talks of him being benched from the bench

But don't fret Grapenuts and Panthro, Adams has increased his production for the same time period posting a very respectable 4 pts and 4.5 rebounds a game, on 47% shooting for a center.

1 person likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

damn lol

I always thought Lamb was a bit jump shot happy while he was here, and he was on and off with that type of offense

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nvm, wrong thread.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LOL when did Grapenutz get that tag?

1 person likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL.

IS it something that was put on or did he voluntarily ask for it?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clutch gave him that tag when he banned him.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um, no they could've have gotten more because they already offered Harden for the 3rd pick and Wiz turned them down (LULZ).

This is a classic win-win trade by two good GMs. We got the superstar we wanted, and OKC saved up cash, got assets and kept the two stars they wanted. Obv hindsight is 20-20 and I'm sure Presti would like that trade back so he can get rid of WB now, but at the time it was the best offer they were gonna get. I mean, Lamb+Adams is better 3-4 years down the line then Beal...although he's having a down year now I still think Lamb has a higher ceiling, and will eventually prove to be a better player.

That's why I don't think there was any point to discussing who "won" the trade, it was like Battier for Gay, a win-win for both teams.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Uhhh no, it wasn't a "win-win" by two good GM's. First, OKC did not have to trade Harden when they traded him, they could have kept him all of last year or dealt him at the deadline. It also would have given Presti time to move Perkins so he could keep Harden. Instead, he took pennies on the dollar for one of the 5 best players in the NBA.

Further, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that Adams and Lamb will be better than average.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

why the Steven Adams watch ? he was never a Rocket

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

True, but the draft pick used for Adams was one of the prime reasons that Harden is now a rocket.