1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] James Harden being sued by Moses Malone Jr. thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 15, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

More from this interview not on those previous clips.

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/media/play/27771913/

<iframe allowfullscreen width="750" height="422" scrolling="no" src="https://www.iheart.com/video/outkic....iheart.com/media/play/27771913/&siteid=13133" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

Will or should he be charged with a crime?

I don't know if he will be but there is significant evidence that should allow him to be charged but that's not my decision. I'll leave that up to the DA's office here in Harris County.

4 people have been charged, none are James Harden. Rusty Hardin denies it. Latest on criminal investigation?

Kept a tight wrap on it. ... There is a person of interest they're still looking into. It could be Molo, Harden, I don't know who exactly it is.

When did you file this civil lawsuit? How would you respond to those who say it's a pay day?

MMJr. is not just an average person. His father did well enough in life to put him in a good financial situation. Risking his reputation, his father's reputation, risking his relationship with the Rockets & city of Houston is ridiculous. You don't do this unless you have strong evidence to support your accusations.

Client still fearful of Harden & his associates?

He was fearful then.

Is that why he had a bodyguard that night?

That was more of a personal thing. It's a friend of his. I don't know all the details behind that. I was alluding to after the attack, MMJr. left town & hadn't come back for months and only comes back occasionally. He's still going through probate legal issues with his father's estate. Yes he's very fearful. Not only fearful, he feels completely unaccepted here in Houston with the Rockets organization, how they've handled this. He feels concerned about Rockets fans. He's gotten death threats over facebook, twitter, even phone calls. He made a report to LAPD for death threats he received.

Vivi likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Root sports should make a pilot starring James Harden and Rusty Hardin - Harden & Hardin.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well that settles it. if he says he didn't do it, he didn't do it.

YOLO likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Media conspiracy

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well that settles it. If they say he did, he did it!

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

He said she said. Its all hearsay and moses attorney knows it. Thats why he says its gonna be a long battle that turns into a jury trial eventually.

Theres a reason they are trying him in a civil case. We all know that you only need to believe its is "more probable than not" (51%) chance to rule against harden.

In a criminal case hearsay wouldnt fly because you need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that harden is guilty.

Id be shocked if this doesnt turn into a "ill write you a check if you just go away" scenario.

Malones attorney is huffing and puffing to try to keep harden afraid of what could happen and hardens attorney is brushing it off as a trivial money grab scenario.

That shows a lot about the lack of evidence in this case

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

The Plaintiff attorneys come off bush-league as hell. First of all, they put the Toyota Center as Harden's address for service of process. Second, how unprofessional does it look when you use street names like "Big Tony" and "Molo" in your petition?

cheke64 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's right, although as Thoreau once said, "some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." Seems odd that a guy who had just criticized Harden publicly gets beat up within shouting distance of Harden a day later.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Im not passing judgment on what happened. I dont think theres evidence to support anything out of what I heard. All of that helps the defendants case and hurts the plaintiffs case.

We cant assume harden did it based on things that seem odd. There isnt any link yet other than "coincidences" that have our eyebrows raised. Because we can use that same line of thinking against moses. Seems odd that he adds harden to the case a year after when it becomes apparent that he cant get much money out of the club and attackers.

We will see if new evidence ever gets presented and how this plays out.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Isnt @KlutchQT a lawyer? Whats your opinion so far?

11. Daddy Long Legs

My dad does personal injury and civil litigation. He always defends companies in these situations. Apparently it is very common for plaintiff lawyers to be huff and puff guys that try to threaten as much as possible.

Also its usually the case that people have more sympathy for the victim, regardless if the defendant is at fault. Says that hes seen juries hand out big money to people they feel sorry for even if the company was clearly not at fault.

We will see if the public and juries sympathize with malone jr as a victim or not. How much people view him as a class act and feel sorry for him will be HUGE in this case.

This is why he is saying he has tremendous respect for the rockets and waited for the playoffs to end. It will be a houston jury that he needs to convince that he is worthy of feeling sorry for. This could get very interesting.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The league wants Harden in LA so bad.
    That Lawyer is talking too much and sounds unprofessional. Giving away too much evidence. LOL at putting the Toyota Center as his address. The "flat out denies it" statement makes me believe he is %100 innocent.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The criminal case was closed a year ago. This is purely civil

Stormy1234 and DreamShook like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

I guarantee that moses will say nothing but nice things about the rockets and try to be viewed as a great stand up guy throughout this. His case depends on it

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I think I'm gonna sue James Harden for the assault and theft he pulled on the fan base in game 6.

Nook likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

His case will be hurt badly if he ends up being viewed as an entitled rich boy with gons of jewelry who never worked a day in his life and spends his fathers money with hoodrats at strip clubs.

Thats why his whole "i dont need the money statement" is interesting. Rusty is gonna force them to address the money because it either

1) makes him less of a victim and sympathetic figure (who feels sorry for the fortunate son who spends his dads money on crazy expensive bling and strippers)

Or

2) provides a motive for why he wants to sue harden.

No right answer for him there in this case

We will see how this plays out. Could be very interesting

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

We could do a class action lawsuit. Probably could win if all the jurors are from Houston!

RiceRockets and Tha_Dude like this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I've not read anything beyond the first post -- without more, my initial impression is that Harden's purported involvement is speculation on Moses' part. Hard to believe he wouldn't have named James as a defendant from the outset if he really had evidence to support that theory.

Deuce, Daddy Long Legs and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Was Harden actually at the club that night? A spokesperson for the club said that he wasn't

So even the fact that Harden was there is he say, he say

20. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

His lawyer's whole "He doesn't need the money, his father left him very well off" followed by "He is in Houston for probate hearings of his father's estate" is very interesting.....

Daddy Long Legs likes this.