1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] James Harden being sued by Moses Malone Jr. thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 15, 2017.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He robbed the whole city of Houston in Game 6.

2. BackdoorHarden

Drop da mic

Take that for date ta

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm more shocked that this is the name of the strip club where this happened, Houston’s V Live Vintage Steakhouse.

What's their motto? "Come taste the beef?"

Jayzers_100 and malakas like this.
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Who the **** b****es on social media about somebody charging money for a basketball camp? Seriously? what a b****.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Drexler's son sues his dad for embarrassing him by continuing to be on TV.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

It seems like as soon as our off-season starts all the Rockets negative reports surface and we have to deal with it until we start consistently being good during the regular season the next year. I guess we are in once again for 6 months of negative media reports.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Whatever...Paul George ****ed his teammate's girlfriend and nobody cared about that, everybody wants Paul George...not sure this story will have any impact on our free agency.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Beginning of the end?

11. alethios

alethios Member

Whataburger should be putting up customer of the year plaques for those two, not suing them.

Easy, J.R., Jayzers_100 and 1 other person like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So now sex > assault by hitmen?

13. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I've seen James at Treasures multiple times

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lmao. You're a regular huh?

Cash Cam and Rockets Pride like this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not surprising. Off to the next burger chain for them.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol no of course, i was just posting that as a sort of reply to a post above but i forgot to click it

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Moses-Malone-speaks-suing-James-Harden-strip-club-11150126.php

Rockets player James Harden has been added as a defendant in a 2016 lawsuit filed by Moses Malone Jr., who alleges that Harden paid $20,000 to a nightclub bouncer to orchestrate an attack on Malone last June.

The amended lawsuit, which initially was filed last August by Malone, the son of the late Hall of Fame player Moses Malone, adds Harden as a defendant along with VLIve@Vintage Steakhouse. That company owns V Live Houston, where Malone says he was attacked on June 25, 2016, two days after posting a Facebook message that was critical of Harden.

Attorney George Farah, who represents Malone, alleges that Harden conspired with Darian Blount, one of four men charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, and that Blount "was acting on the orders of (Harden when he and his associates attacked (Malone)."

Malone seeks more than a million dollars in damages as a result of the attack. The case is pending before state District Judge Mike Englehart.

Farah said the lawsuit was amended to add Harden as a defendant based on documents, phone records and witness statements. He said he delayed in adding Harden to the suit during the NBA season out of respect to the Rockets.

"We didn't want to file in the middle of the season with the Rockets making a playoff run," the attorney said. "We're not trying to hurt the organization or the city. We're just trying to get some accountability from James Harden."

Malone said he posted a Facebook post last June criticizing Harden for charging $249 for a basketball camp, a fee that Malone said was too expensive to allow some children to attend. According to the lawsuit, Harden's bodyguard, identified as "Big Tony," told a friend of Malone's that Harden was upset by the comments.

Two days later, Malone says he was invited to V Live Houston, a strip club operated by VLIve@Vintage Steakhouse. When he arrived, he said he was attacked at about 2 a.m. June 25, 2016, by a group of armed men under Blount's direction.

Malone said he was kicked in the face and struck in the face by weapons and that the attackers under Blount's direction ripped Malone's diamond earrings of his ears and stole several pieces of his jewelry.

V Live security guards did not stop the attack and allowed the attackers to enter the nightclub, according to the suit, Harden was believed to be at the club the night of the attack, the suit adds.

V Live is included as a defendant because Blount was acting as an employee of the company at the time attack occurred, the suit said.

Farah said Malone has recovered from his physical injuries but does not feel safe living in Houston and continues to fear for his life because of threats he has received since the attack.

He said the $20,000 figure cited in the suit that Harden is alleged to have paid for the attack was based on interviews with several witnesses.

Malone was not available for comment Tuesday, but Farah said he had agreed to an interview with ABC News that will air later.

However, in an interview Tuesday on "The Chop Shop" show on KMAZ (102.5 FM), Malone said of the lawsuit, "I've been told to step back or they're going to put me next to my dad (who died in 2015)."

Malone said the men attacking him mentioned Harden and the Facebook post during the incident.

"The confrontation took about 45 seconds to a minute," Malone told the radio station. "It was about James Harden and Facebook and him being upset. His name was brought up at least four times."

Malone said he's upset that people think he has ulterior motives for filing the lawsuit.

"I would not risk my name, I would not risk my dad's legacy over this," Malone said. "I do not need the money, let's get that straight. Do you want to see my account?"

V Live has filed a general denial of the allegations in Malone's lawsuit. It was unclear Tuesday if Harden had been served with the amended lawsuit adding him as a defendant and who would represent him in the case.

The Rockets declined comment on the matter.​

Os Trigonum and The Real Shady like this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Harden is a regular mob boss. Orchestrating hits and throwing games

CapelaOnlyFan and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

A lawsuit is just an allegation. The media loves to plaster it as fact but they are just allegations but anyone who can
    file a lawsuit and make up anything.

Really tarnishes peoples names and tries to force them to quickly settle if they have a reputation versus Moses Malone Jr.
    who I don't think sounds like he has much going on in life.

But Harden should realize he's a target and is always in terrible environments and will get caught up in this nonsense.

I understand wanting to go out but stay out of crappy strip clubs if you want to be a great.

Os Trigonum likes this.