1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not surprised at all really. That Texans team was totally different. That team wasn't under a lot of pressure to win either.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

juanm34 and Blatz like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hope no one gets hurt.
    We should win regardless of our shtty coach cause Watson will lead us to victory!

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I'm surprised so many expect us to blow out the Jags. I'm so used to letdowns that I never feel confident about a win with the Texans or the Rockets, no matter who we play. I guess it stems from seeing too many leads blown over the years. Maybe not being so confident we will win is my mind's way of easing the pain when we lose. It still hurts though, no matter how many times it happens.

RHU525, UTSA2step, bigdaddy and 2 others like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hope we don't have a repeat of last year:
    Game 1: loss against SB contender and HOF QB
    Game 2: loss against backup QB on division rival.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope not either. That is a perfect example of why I am never confident we will win.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

When are we going to have a " I have grown to hate Keke" thread?? I am so ready for it

8. Texanstradamus

Watson looks way different you can tell him having an healthy offseason Gave him the time he needed to improve

Anyone going to the home opener I am

Texans 28
    Jags 10

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. Texanstradamus

Watson was also coming off of Rehab Watson now is coming off a health offseason not to mention we have much more talent on offense this time Around

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I agree with you but Jacksonville is particularly bad. Like tank commander bad.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I never hate on the players. If they are injury prone it isn't their fault. Overpaying injury prone players, or signing them to big contracts when they can't even be counted on to stay healthy is what I hate. That hurts the team in the long run. I blame the GM and coach for making those decisions.

You can't pay a guy the same price as a similar skilled player on that factor alone. Injury history should be a huge difference in pay for multimillion dollar contracts. Great skill means nothing if you keep getting injured. A bench sitter is a liability.

#31 deb4rockets, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    bigdaddy and Gray_Jay like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL. Well, if they beat us people are going to say they are a good team. I can see it. I hope that doesn't happen. Maybe it was a fluke, but when a rookie QB blows the pass accuracy stats out the window in his first game I tend to take notice.

Their defense looked good to me too at times. Sure, they got killed, but the had Mahomes hobbling around after a few hard hits. I just want to come out of this game with no blood shed or ejections.

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

FWIW, Vegas agrees with the commentariat here. Houston -8.5 to 9 most sites. I am not so sure. Minshew was amazing for the situation he came into. 11 yards per attempt and 88 percent completion rate is pretty good. KC had an OK pass defense last year by DVOA too, 12th overall. Better than Houston's.

Then again, I thought the Saints were going to smoke the Texans, and the Texans really should've won that game. So count me in for a Texans win, if not a cover.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No way they lose this one.

Beating up of the dregs is a staple of this organization's path to 9 wins and a division title. Losing to the terrible teams requires you to beat elite teams to make up for it, which this franchise rarely does.

SuraGotMadHops and BigShasta like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are bad but only because of their QB position. This is a team that still has a stellar defense and if the Texans get down early a team that is very capable of sitting on a lead. Having a hot start is the key to beating them and playing the Chiefs probably made them look worse than they are.

I don't think they are Dolphins bad because they still have super talented players sprinkled on both sides of the ball, if Foles didn't get hurt this would have been a pick'em game.

BigShasta and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I picked up the Texans D off waivers on Fantasy for this one.

Texans 34
    Jags 16

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I get it, injuries suck but when a player can't go two weeks without getting hurt and is tiny then I don't want that player taking up a constant roster spot

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The key will be how well the defense flusters the young Jax QB. They don't appear to have much of a pass rush without blitzing and the secondary is shakey at best. Also, Watson cannot get hit like he was during the Saints game or the Texans will find themselves in the same boat as the Jags.

deb4rockets and Gray_Jay like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, I agree there. That's on our management.

eliefor3 likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's not apples to apples - for a variety of reasons - but. FYI, the Astros are 18-16 against likely playoff teams; 77-35 against everyone else. One is an 86-win pace; the other 111.

Good teams are.... and this may shock some people: good, and are often much harder to beat. Beating inferior teams is what *every* good team does... the Texan fan base seems to be the only one that actively holds that against their team......