1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 25, 2018.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

What happened to Foreman?

2. SuraGotMadHops

I really think he's been activated for depth, not for significant snaps. The only reason he got some burn against the Eagles was because Miller was out. If Miller and Blue are both healthy, I wouldn't expect Foreman to get much burn.

solid likes this.
  3. Marteen

Marteen Member

To add on to what SuraGotMadHops said, Foreman didn’t look very good in Philly. Caught one touchdown pass, but that was it.

solid likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they do cut him, which I doubt happens because surely they could trade him, I'd bet he'd want to say in the division just to give them the finger.

showa13 likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Blue didn't look good either. That one touchdown pass is more than Blue did that game.

And Foreman did have another key first down catch in Philly too. Feels like there is some chemistry between him and Watson left over from last season.

6. Buck Turgidson

He was getting hit in the backfield or at the line every carry.

Marteen likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but Blue managed 14 yards on 4 carries, Foreman had -1 yards on 7 carries. Foreman did well catching the ball, but not as well as Miller likely does and he was a complete dud running the ball. It's hard for a 3rd string RB to get snaps.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you know that how? They have been waiting for the playoffs to play him.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you know that how? They have been waiting for the playoffs to play him.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He was also missing blitz assignments and was a liability in the max protection schemes that unfortunately this line needs to keep Watson upright.

Blue is probably the best blocking RB they have... not that you would normally care about that skill in your RB’s, but on this team its far more important than pass catching ability.

studogg and Chilly_Pete like this.
  11. Marteen

Marteen Member

I'm happy to say I was wrong.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

it makes sense that they'd keep him out as long as possible, He's gone down 3 times this year with the same hamstring injury. Hopefully this time they gave him plenty of time to recover and he's a force against Indy

Marteen likes this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Our offense desperately needs Coutee. Could be the X-Factor that no one is talking about when they predict a Colts victory.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

This means nothing. He has made the "trending toward playing" comment before. I will believe it when I see it.

Marteen and J.R. like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He hasn't played in 6 weeks. Keke also said he felt pretty good just two weeks ago.

I think the Texans sat him out on purpose to get as close to healthy as possible.

This is huge though if he steps on the field.

Nobody on the Colts came close to defending him.

I would like to see multiple slot sets from the Texans with Carter on one side and Coutee on the other.

Force those LB matchups.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

He hasn't played in 6 weeks. Keke also said he felt pretty good just two weeks ago.

I think the Texans sat him out on purpose to get as close to healthy as possible.

This is huge though if he steps on the field.

Nobody on the Colts came close to defending him.

I would like to see multiple slot sets from the Texans with Carter on one side and Coutee on the other.

Force those LB matchups.

17. tmacfor35

18. conquistador#11

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Voiding the remaining guaranteed money doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll cut him. He can either play risking injury without any guaranteed money left or sit out and forfeit his salary ala Le’Veon Bell. Difference being he still has 2 years left under contract.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not saying this is wrong, but I am not holding my breath. Getting a 1st round bye was just as important as a wild card game and they didn't activate him against the Eagles. He was always day-to-day until game day when we find out he is inactive.

I agree with the impact. And a scarier thought is that we are one injury away to a former practice squad player from the offense looking ugly. That is if Coutee cant go.