1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He needs to STFU and go learn how to draft offensive linemen. His opinions are nothing but horseshit.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That record is with Osweiler at QB who really is on another level of garbage on the road. Lets see how Savage is on the road. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's going to be different than Osweiler on the road. We'll just have to see though.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Savage>>>>>>>>>Osweiler

It isn't even close. The sun started shining, no lie, when they put in savage. How many signs do you need lol...savage isn't Brady, he just clearly understands the offense better and shows basic situational understanding and accuracy. He had one bad throw and it was incomplete. Brock had 10 more bad throws and 2 were OMG type ints. There is no QB controversy. It's been settled. Savage is and likely has been the best QB option around.

Clowney, welcome to the NFL young buck. Cushing, beast. Wilfork, beast. Hopkins, beast. Fuller, looks like a real WR when his hammy don't hurt. Griffin, great game. That defense keeps rolling with every punch. It's really amazing how talented AND fragile they are.

ramotadab, Two Sandwiches and sammy like this.
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Playing Devil's advocate, Savage had two passes which should've been picked, and he's yet to throw for a TD.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

True, but the offense actually moved.

And if not for the Hunt fumble and Hopkins drop, the Offense would have had two TDs.

Also the fade was an awful call

Two Sandwiches and sammy like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Hopkins also dropped one if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.

Also I hate what you're doing.

mario_v likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Congratulations, you are a really good Titans fan I guess.

9. HookemHorns1250

Ugh just in case there are some idiot Titan trolls I wanted to apologize as fast as I could. In no way do we have anything to "Troll" about. Y'all have owned us, and until we actually decide to beat you guys, no Titans fan should open their mouth.

It's ok to feel good about our team, it's another to assume, or brag knowing you will most likely be playing the biggest game in 8 years, against a team that has laughably destroyed you (us in my case) for years.

I hope it comes down to it. There's always that chance where we could screw things up and lose to the Jags. However, I hope it comes down to our two teams to end the season for the division. Looks like the schedule makers possibly got it right.

10. HookemHorns1250

Surely you guys will start Savage... if not, well I'll be a happy Titans fan.. but an even more confused NFL fan.

I think it's really good for Savage to get a game in before what will be a huge... game in Nashville. Again, surely BoB won't give Brock the Bengals game as a chance to "Earn the start."

The match ups between our two teams are very interesting. Our only chance on offense IMO, is if we are able to establish the run early as we did against KC even against a stacked box. I don't see Matthews and Tajae being able to beat Demps and company one on one. Delanie will get his, but we'll have to run well to at least have a shot at freeing up Matthews/Tajae/Wright on some play actions.

I'll leave to how y'all think y'all will attack us for some fun friendly pre game talk. I'm sure it'll start with "Throw it towards Blake on every pass attempt." As that'd be my game plan if I was an opposing coach going up against us.

Reason I'm in this section (Usually only to read never to post, besides today), is because I'm a die hard Astros/Rockets fan, so while I'm not on the Rockets/Stros forum, I stop by just to see what you guys are thinking of your team at the moment. My apologies if this is annoying banter.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are heading in the right direction though and have as much of a shot at the division as the Texans do and you should be happy about that. When it comes to What, he's been waiting a LONG time to do a bit of gloating, since the ESPN boards days I think, so it's all good.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I'm really hoping that this sets up to be a trap game for your Titans vs. the Jags. It has all the makings of one. A) coming off a big emotional road victory as an underdog. B)playing a crap team at home and going in confident C) looking forward to a playoff birth by beating next weeks opponent.

13. HookemHorns1250

Well it's in Jacksonville. Some may argue we are a better team on the road than at home lol, our home games.. well.. are usually packed with so many away fans it's almost hard to tell who the home team actually is if you were to just listen to the fan noise. It has gotten better as he seasons progressed though.

Definitely, it would be a Titans thing to do to pull off back to back wins against Denver and KC and lose to a horrible Jacksonville team. Hopefully thenfiring of their coach isn't some kind of... "spark" but I just don't see that, surely they are just eyeing that top 3 draft pick. Crazy how we are tied for the division, yet y'all could actually rest some of your "questionable" players injury wise, seeing as we couldn't clinch with a win and you guys having a loss regardless. As I said though, would be a good game to get Savage going in the right direction.

14. Two Sandwiches

It would be a great game if so.

I'm glad to see the Titans playing better. Those two games each year should be a great rivalry, but each year one team is the Browns to the other's Ravens.

15. Two Sandwiches

Sorry. Double post.

16. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Brock to Savage was a lateral move?
    Were you even watching the game?
    It felt like when major applewhite came in for Chris summary against Colorado back in the day.
    The despair turned into hope because it felt like you had someone that was at least competent enough to not throw a bunch of pick sixes.

The part when savage was in there yesterday was the third best the offense has looked in 14 games this year, behind the 4 minutes at the end of the colts game at home and the first 10 minutes at the beginning of the Titan game.

It was certainly the most sustained competent execution all year.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Congratulations to Wendall Williams. From undrafted free agent, to the practice squad, to catching two passes in his first NFL game. Good for him.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Read two post above yours goober