1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2012.

1. liljojo

liljojo Member

Last time Jags were this big of an underdog, GB barely squeaked by them. Not saying I'm worried, but we can't take any team lightly.

That said, it's probably gonna be a blowout. (In our favor, of course.)

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

These are the games that the ole Texans routinely lost, hopefully the NEW Texans will show up. And if Kubes shuts things down after they clinch the division this year I am going to send him a hot steaming turd in the mail or worse. I am still mad about it. Home field throughout the playoffs is critical, let's get it, then shut it down. And no division "championship" celebrations, please. Has anyone done that before the Texans did it? I had never seen such a thing. With hats and all?! Does every team do that?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WHOOO!! I'll be there. Snoozer of a game. But my first of the year!

4. Grape_Swisha281

it was the first one... Come on man

5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Yeah, I think each Division winner puts SWAG on the market, which I honestly don't mind. The season felt special, and having something to commemorate that isn't a negative.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Yes. Some teams even celebrate fourth place...

[​IMG]

7. liljojo

liljojo Member

Kubes is conservative, not stupid. Our chances at the Superbowl get a LOT slimmer if we have to play in NE, Denver, and especially Baltimore. We don't shut it down until our place is locked in. We didn't mail it in last year either until week 17. We just weren't that good without Schaub.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Every team celebrates Division Titles with merchandise. And I have no problem with the Texans celebrating a little bit.....it was the first title in their 10 year existence. And there is absolutely no way we shut it down after we clinch the division this year.....you don't think every single person in that organization, from the janitor to Bob McNair, doesn't understand the significance of potentially hosting the AFC Championship Game at Reliant? Last year was COMPLETELY different. They were more interested in making sure they got to the playoffs completely healthy, and without overwhelming Yates with too much. This year, this team is on a mission.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

A sports bar?

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

Would like to see Mercilus get more playing time here

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I guess I am old school, I always liked Earl's approach; score the TD, then lay the ball down and walk away. I understand it was a big thing for the team, but I just didn't think other teams had called it a championship. I never seen a division victory celebration and there are three divisions in each league. But yeah it was a big thing for the Texans. I bet the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots and those guys don't make much of the "division title."

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

1- every team uses every opportunity possible to create and sell merch, so yes, other teams have hats and all to celebrate division titles.

2- we just beat a 7-1 team with a top 3 defense in primetime, and you're threatening them like this is the 2010 Texans. We have the best defense in the league and a damn solid offense - this is not a game that THIS TEAM routinely lost. Get off their back. They know what they're doing now. We're also probably not going to finish 15-1 so please don't meltdown REEKO-HTOWN pre-2011 style when we lose.

13. Grape_Swisha281

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's because it was ROUTINE for him to score, and he scored A LOT. :eek: Texans? Championships?

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Hope we can have Tate back for this game (if he's healthy). At this point of the season, and against an opponent like this, the Texans need to fine-tune their offense. Jaguars will come to play.... any given sunday is still any given sunday, definitely cannot overlook them. You could call this a trap game before the Thanksgiving game in Detroit, but I have a feeling the Texans will put this game away. Most importantly, stay HEALTHY.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

I bet they did it for their FIRST division title and FIRST playoff game in franchise history.

And there are 4 divisions in each conference, not 3.

17. Grape_Swisha281

Teams still make Division Title gear regardless if its their first or there 20th.. Its all about the buck

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

seriously? every team in every sport celebrates a division title. and the Texans didn't lay down after winning it last year. they just weren't good enough to finish the season strong because, well, they were using their 3rd string QB. The same guy who barely won the previous games prior to the 3 game losing streak. And they didn't play their starters much in the Titans game because there was nothing to gain.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Off-topic.

Just realized Wade and Newt Gingrich have striking resemblances.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

31-10 Houston.

Starters rest midway through the 4th.

Expect to come out flat. Big game Turkey day.