1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2011.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I want the Texans to win as much as all of you but I would also like the football gods to spare us from another starter going down with an serious injury, we've had enough.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was very impressed with the Jags defense against the Ravens. I was not too impressed with their offense: QB looks semi-lost, Texans need to dial up some serious pressure on him. Maybe the Ravens aren't a good road team, but their offense looked ten times better against the Texans. That is a little worrisome. This is no cakewalk. Stack it up against their running game (Drew) and blitz on obvious passing downs should stop them. Then it is a matter of stopping us. If AJ and Casey are back and Foster is on, I don't see the Jags stopping them like they did the Ravens, but the Texans better take them seriously, very seriously, no easy out here.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ravens seem to have a hard time getting up for road games against bad teams.

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I watched the game last night and was thinking how nice it would have been to get the Ravens at home like the jags and titans did. I guess last time we played them was at reliant.

5. plates300

plates300 Member

yep. we played the ravens at home and they beat the snot out of the texans. score was 37 to 10 or something along those lines.

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Actually it was the overtime game on mnf from last year. It went to ot so we only lost by 6.

7. plates300

plates300 Member

oh yeah my bad. I was thinking about the game a couple of years ago for some reason.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Jags have a rookie QB and nothing at WR and have even brought back Sims-Walker. Load up on MJD maybe use Cush as a spy. Time to dial up some pressure to help the rook with his growing pains.

Jags D is good but the Texans offense is far better than the Ratbirds especially if AJ and Casey are back and now that Foster, Tate, and Ward are healthy.

Texans 30
    Glitterkitties 10

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No one thinks we can shut out this team?... Havent reached that kind of optimism yet I see...

10. bcast89

bcast89 Member

It's not that no one thinks we can, it's that we haven't proven that we can dominate a team from start to finish, no matter how much talent we may have or how much better we are on paper compared to the other team.

Once we develop consistency and a killer mentality, we'll be able to do things like that. It also helps to be fully healthy...

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There's only been 2 goose eggs this season. Predicting a shutout would be a rex ryan kind of arrogant thing to do. With Scobee, they're at least getting 3 points.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Im goin Rex Ryan .... Im changin my initial prediction

Texans 24
    Jaguars 0

I think we make a statement... To whom ? dont know because no one will take us seriously anyhow, until we beat a playoff caliber team.... Pitt doesnt count , they always start slow

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We've done it twice this season.

14. thejav

thejav Member

Texans-24
    Jags-13

15. bcast89

bcast89 Member

True, but one was against a Manning-less Colts team. I'm just trying to point out that we haven't done it like we should have against every team we should be dominating. Especially dating back to past seasons where we were clearly better than the other team and we win by a field goal or have to rely on coming back in the 4th quarter. We have a long way to go before I can have faith that we'll be able to dominate on a semi-regular basis against the really bad teams. Until they do so, I don't care how much we're favored, it's gonna be a close game a majority of the time. They have a little more than half the rest of the season to prove me wrong.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, I know. It seems like every game the Texans have played so far, they've lost a significant player to injury. Can we please come out of this one with no one getting hurt??

17. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

texans -27
    jags -17

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the week 7 titans say, "hello."

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We dominated the Colts and Steelers from start to finish, too.

Granted, the Colts blow. But still, anybody who saw the Steelers game knows that we totally owned them and the score was only close because of some nicely timed "officiating".

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree with you. i'm just struck with the irony of that statement made on a Tuesday when the Texans just absolutely dominated a team on the previous Sunday.