1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] I'm Working on Christmas Eve/Day Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You knew it was coming...

I can't believe I'm at work. I have nothing to do. My idiot boss (who has no life outside of work and can't understand why everyone else isn't happy to be here) is acting like this is just another day. WTF??

Hopefully we'll be out of here as soon as the stock market closes. Not sure what time that will be.

Please, find me something to do. Did I miss any good bbs drama this weekend? Point me to the latest FFB vs Desert Rocket pissing contest so I'll have something to keep me occupied for the rest of the day.

Is there anyone out there???

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

On Monday, December 24, 2007, NASDAQ will close at 1:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), and will conduct a modified extended-hours session until 5:00 p.m., ET. Most NASDAQ systems will close three hours early.

I'm here too :(

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm here today. Evryone with more time here in the office took the day off, so I'm left holding the bag.

No one is here, there's nothing to do, and I want to go home. At least I'm off tomorrow.

4. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

yep working on xmas eve. not xmas day though :D

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I am about to go into work in a bit, 1230-930, hopefully it will be dead enough to let us out early, at least I have tomorrow and New Year's Day off :)

6. itzIce

itzIce Member

Yes! 5 parking spot rows closer to the office! This is awesome! :rolleyes:

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I will be at work Eve, Day, This friday, Sat, Sunday, Monday.

8. coma

coma Contributing Member

I'd like to share a new view on working in this thread.

Always keep in mind that no matter how crappy you think your job is, there's someone out there working a much crappier job.

Sure it's not easy to keep that mantra when you're forced to do idiotic things at your job. It's also human nature to assume that the grass is greener on the other side.

I'm currently employed at the worst job I've ever had, and I contemplate quitting on a daily basis. It's Christmas Eve, and I'm thinking about giving my notice. I quit an awesome job because I thought the grass was greener.

So again, when you start to get the inescapeable feeling of how crappy your current job is, take into account the good things your job offers.

Now, if after you weigh everything and it still sucks, well, time to jump ship.

With all that said, Merry Christmas brothers! :cool:

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm so glad I quit my job last week. Yuss!

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm here, working until lunch time which will be around noon. I could have taken off but I would had to use vacation as my company only gives tomorrow as the paid holiday. The main reason why I am here (as I have plenty of vacation to use) is that I am responsible for a report that is due in our main office every Monday morning.

So, that is the only reason why I am really here - one freaking report! :rolleyes: :D

I'll have to do the same thing next Monday, as well.

11. LFE171

LFE171 Member

working for the bank sucks.

but then again, i cant complain when we get days like columbus day off. haha. oh well, goodluck to those who have the rest of the day to grind. I'll be off at lunch time.

12. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I'm at work volunarily. My in-laws are in town for the holidays.

I'd work for free today.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

In from 9am-1pm today. Almost half way home. Mostly just F'n around with ESPN Trade Machine.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The market is open, therefore I am here. Every since the Nymex went public, they did away with a lot of vacation days and early closings. Boo.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm on-call and if anything comes in today, I'll be paid double.

16. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I'm at work today . . . trying to stay as far under the radar as I can, but one of our investigations has a bit of work to be done . . . otherwise, I'm sitting in the lab, watching Maury right now.

17. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Sucks to be you guys!
    I'm home till Jan 2nd!
    This is such a slow week that my company shuts down.
    Doesn't even go towards my vacation time.

18. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Where do you work?
    I am also at work because of the stock market. Apparently it cant be closed for 3 days in a row. Getting out at 2 though.

19. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I"m at work, but I"m leaving in about 20 min for the rest of the week. Didn't want to get hit for a Xmas vac. day by taking both days off each side of a holiday.

It's no big deal though, I've just been surfing the net all morning.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pimps have to work every day cause some dude always wants to drop their pants.