1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official I Don't Care What the National Media Thinks of Us Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, May 18, 2015.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Some people are going to make some money for real.
    Don't know if I should wait to get even better lines if we lose a couple.:eek:

2. deshen

deshen Member

The fact is, if you really do not care about those media, you won't make a statement like this.

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Lone Star State Rockets would've been a better analogy.

Notion to change us to the Lone Star State Rockets?

I like it. :cool:

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Motion denied!

5. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

But its cool hip and edgy. Plus we finally drop the Houston out of our name thus having the media fall in love with the Lone Star State. :cool:

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Everyone is saying we are gonna get swept. I find it so funny. We'll see though. The warriors are still the Warriors but they get more respect than us because they won in the regular season. Seriously.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It's the playoffs and everyone is talking about the Warriors regular season. Lol the prior season we kicked their asses and that teams personnel hasn't really changed much.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Eh, I like it. I drink up every article that says the Rockets aren't good enough. If we lose so be it. But, if we win, we cram it in all their faces. It's much better than being the golden child like GSW.

9. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

And while this thread was created half a dozen more thread has popped up crying about so and so don't believe or respect the Rockets.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a paradox folks.

If we were being slobbed like the Warriors, fans of all other teams would hate us like we are hating GSW now. But in reality, the media and everybody hate us, so we aren't hated by everybody but also hated by everybody. So we are hated if we are loved. And we are hated if we are hated.

Does that make sense? :grin:

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

until we have a stretch like the spurs, we are not going to get respect, why would people respect you when you have done nothing deserving it? That's why respect is earned, not just by talking

12. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Agreed on all of the above besides Peter Gammons. Even though he admittedly was a big Red Sox homer.. he was always knowledgeable and articulate about the sport of baseball. He was always practical and logical about his analysis of the game. He was above and everybody else on this list and Ramona Shelbourne does not even belong on this list. At least The others are real journalists and work at respectable newspapers..she just follows Kobe Bryant around.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I CARE!!!, LUV THA HATE!!!

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't care and don't want respect from haters like that. i hope they keep hating and keep disrespecting.

15. dje243

dje243 Member

Victory is much sweeter in the face of hate. -A Cowboys Fan

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about the media? What difference does it make???

Either we win or we lose. If we lose, the media is right. If we win they are wrong. But complaining about them isn't going to change that.

We can only accept what it is.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Been around long enough to know it will never change.

Haters gonna hate.

Winners gonna win.

It won't be easy but I like our chances.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I miss Bill Worrell, Calvin and Matt Bullard, Even Clyde. Since they can't call the games for some reason, Why wouldn't they have like a post game show after the games and discuss the game?

Will they be able to return if we make the Finals? I couldn't sworn in the past i watched our local broadcast in 2nd round of the playoffs (Yao and Artest vs Lakers).

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This article on Deadspin is pretty fair to Harden. Calls Harden a great player while highlighting why people don't like his game (cause he looks lazy). Also calls people out for acting morally opposed to Harden's game.

I didn't think we needed ANOTHER thread for a single article.