1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official I Don't Care What the National Media Thinks of Us Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, May 18, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Rep for OP

I have a unique perspective, because even though I'm a major longtime Rockets fan, I grew up from 4th-grade through HS in Dallas. So I mostly consider Dallas my hometown (although I was born in Houston)

So yall may not like hearing this, but quite frankly it's always been apparent to me that a lot of Houstonians have an inferiority complex. That's just the truth, even though I don't understand why. Who gives a crap what people outside your city thinks??

Yes, certainly many Dallas people are conceited and snobbish... no doubt about that. But more Houstonians definitely have an inferiority complex

1 person likes this.
  3. djimi

djimi Member

The team should use what the National Media says about them as motivation to prove them wrong over and over again. Beat GSW!! And then beat whoever that wins the ECF.

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

So damn true. Only nothing is worse than Hate. If something doesn't exist then you can't hate it. Like the past 18 years, nothing existed.

I'm enjoying the hate because we are in the conference finals. Continue to hate and let the games continue until the trophy is held. Even afterwards, I'll continue to enjoy these haters because they were all so wrong. They are all babies that will hate, cry, moan, and make excuses for anything that seems unlikely to their blind eyes and ignorant peanut brains.

:cool:

5. Voltik

Voltik Member

Does there bias analytics consider that fact that the Rockets had players injured most of the season? How can analytics be correct if they don't factor in the current situation? Their large sample size of 82 games is apparently a very small sample size which they'll never realize.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Personally I have neiter the time, the energy nor the interest to follow what the media says about Warriors this season.

They have a good thing going with Curry, Kerr, Klay and the team.

Rox did stage an upset and are doing well themselves.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Need? No
    Want? Yes

Nobody likes being disrespected or slighted.
    Being hated isn't bad either, but respect is a must.

It's always good being outside the city and/or Texas and seeing local merchandise... whether someone is wearing it OR being sold at a store.

Rockets have a great opportunity to shut people up and continue representing the city well.

#pursuit
    #top5nbafranchise

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Nice job following the OP's request.

The day that the media can dribble a basketball and put it in a hoop is the day I'll give a frog's fat derriere about them. Otherwise, **** em. We're still dealing with "If Jordan was there in 1994 and 1995 (the latter a lie, of course)...." bull****- and San Antonio had to deal with the asterisk 1999 championship (even though everyone in the playoffs had an equal chance to win)... generally, speaking, smaller market teams get crapped on and the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, etc are overdone.

Golden State? Shoot, they're not even part of a city, like the Los Angeles Clippers- or even a state, like the Utah Jazz. They're the only team in the NBA with a ridiculous city/state substitution name. It'd be like calling us the Space City Rockets. Hey, Golden State, pick San Francisco Warriors, Oakland Warriors, or California Warriors- but for Christ's sake, pick a friggin city/state name already!!! Oh, and Dubs is a stupid nickname, as well.

#28 dandorotik, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. Possum

Possum Member

Is anyone else getting sick of how the national media is all over how the Clipps collapsed? It's being beaten the colossal collapse. Its like we had nothing to do with winning it was all them falling apart. It's like they refuse to give us credit. :mad:
    :grin:

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What surprises me is what a bummer this board is after an epic win. Most of the threads are complaining about no respect, the media, or whatever. It's not the links to the articles or videos but the sheer negativity on this board and everyone riling each other to get more angry over nothing. You almost hear the violent clacking of keyboards and seeing people foaming at the mouth.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'll be honest, I care to a certain extent. Not expecting people to pick us to win the series or anything, but quit acting like we are a completely cake walk. It's just annoying seeing the constant lack of respect the team gets.

12. old_eggplant

old_eggplant Member

I feel the real reason of this "hate Rockets" is because they hate Morey. All those experts and media analysts have in common is they all belong to the NBA circle for long time. From players to coach or media analyst. They all have a successful career in NBA. They are very proud of their experience. Suddenly comes this Darryl Morey. He is from Harvard,he does not belong to this circle, he does not share the same view with the rest of the circle. He uses a "ridiculous" data analysis tool. What the hell is this? Where is our tens of years experience in this circle if this tool is useful? The method used by Morey is disrespectful to their proud experience in the NBA circle. That's why they were laughing at it, does not want to see any success from the Rockets. It is showed in MVP vote, best coach vote, now this playoff prediction, and in the best GM vote in the future.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

14. Mprice

Mprice Member

Well guys lets continue to shock the world! Just one game at a time :grin:

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

More power to you but I love it when the media underestimates or dismisses us. To me, it makes victory all the sweeter.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

New England Patriots?

Oh, and Houston Texans combine both city and state.

17. Platinumplaq

Platinumplaq Member

I'm so sick of the lack of Rockets coverage. It's not "Hey, look at what an amazing comeback by the Rockets," It's "Hey, what a huge collapse by the Clippers." I watch the ESPN shows... Dan Le Batard said we were finished, come Monday he gives a wise a** apology then says we'll be swept. Skip Bayless, who doesn't know if he's a Cowboys fan or a Spurs fan or what says that we won't win a game. What basis is there for them to say that? We are a totally different team than we were at those times in the regular season. We have three players on our team who've won a championship, and two more who have been to the finals. NO ONE on the Warriors have even been to the finals, or even had much playoff experience. I'm sick of being not just the underdog, but the city hated on by all national media. They can all kiss my a**.

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's be honest...even if we win the next 8 games we play, ESPN will still have us as 8th seed next season. I don't care anymore.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I meant in the NBA (although I'm being facetious, of course).

Yeah, New England is a stupid name, as well.

Houston Texans? ..... Umm...... city and state, best name ever! :grin:

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Carolina Panthers.