1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Houston Texans vs. Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Nov 29, 2011.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

What kind of experience? He hasn't started an NFL game since 2009 (really, 2007 was his last extended role) and none in the playoffs. He's just as green as TJ, when it comes to starting in meaningful games.

I'm not being harsh on Leinart based on two quarters. He is who we thought he was. :) Though he has a tendency to check down and not trust his arm downfield, the offense has enough physical talent up front and playmakers at RB/WR/TE to thrive as long as the QB play is merely competent. That's what Leinart was on Sunday, and I think TJ will be against Atlanta and going forward.

I really believe Leinart would've led the team to a 12-4 or 13-3 finish. I'm not trying to slam him. I just don't see why I shouldn't expect Yates to do the same. If he struggles mightily come Sunday, I'll reevaluate, but based on the information we have now... things are going to be fine. The Texans are simply a better team than Atlanta, and they're playing at home.

1 person likes this.
  2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Ultimately, Yates is a giant unknown.

I thought Leinart was slowly getting into a comfort zone, but it was disturbing to see him immediately revert to his old habits with the premature checkdowns. That did not bode well for the theory that he's progressed and improved behind the scenes with Kubiak.

We have no clue what to expect from Yates.

We've joked about the Brady thing, but the truth is we just need him to be in the Cassell, Flacco, Orton mold to get by, knock off the Colts and Panthers, and slip away with the division title.

I was encouraged by his second quarter play and his poise. It's stupid little thing, but he didn't seem overwhelmed by the speed of the game, demonstrated basic pocket presence and poise, and had a feel for getting rid of the ball.

Yates' calling card is West Coast passing. His deep ball can hang, so that will need to be employed with caution. But otherwise, he should be able to work with Kubiak's playaction offense - Foster, OD, Dressen, and Walter underneath with AJ drawing 2 DBs away. The critical throw is hitting the receiver that slips into the soft spot behind the LBs.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I live in Alabama. It's right between Atlanta and New Orleans. I live in smoldering pot of Dirty bird/Who Dat chants.

I would rather listen to the J-E-T-S chant over "Who Dat"

what the hell is a "who dat" anyways?

the worst part is the fact that there were no Saints fans until they became relevant. Biggest bunch of band wagon fans ever.

But the J-E-T-S chant is annoying...It's like congratulations Jets fans!!! YOU CAN SPELL!

6. 45souf

45souf Member

I am not worried about the falcons..Thats the same team that lost to tampa right? Didnt we beat tampa by 30 something points? Stop the run Texans and we shall be fine...

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Don't get too caught up - division games are division games, and that logic can be an endless circle.
    We beat Titans, Titans beat down Ravens, Ravens beat down us.

8. hairyme

hairyme Member

[from the506]
    [​IMG]

How pathetic. Just two weeks ago, we were wondering if we'd get flexed to the Sunday night spot... and now, we're getting bumped for NFL reality tv. Even without Schaub, this is still a good matchup of playoff-bound teams. I have a hard time imagining anyone preferring to watch a Tebow-led broncos vs. a possibly Peterson-less vikings team.

I can understand the west coast broadcast since this game has AFC west implications for San Diego and Oakland, but west TX and the northeast US?? Come on...

9. plates300

plates300 Member

^^ I really don't care that the Texans are on the national stage or not. I said it before - they just need to keep on winning and everything will take care of itself. That being said, Texans have to stop Turner from running the ball. If he does well, the Falcons do well, so stop that first.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

YOU'VE GOT TO BE F***ING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHY THE F*** DO I WANNA SEE DENVER AND MINNESOTA PLAY?

I HATE YOU TIM TEBOW. I HATE YOU!

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That sucks for anybody not in Houston. That's just one out of eleven billion reasons why FOX SPORTS sucks big, fat, elderly testicles. I'm pretty sure that stupid robot, their fake HD, and the fact that Joe Buck is employed there has something to do with the other 10,999,999,999 reasons.

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I think Yates will do his part, and the D will hold there ground. I pray we win..but its gonna be close.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope the Texans decide to do introduce the offense during player intros this Sunday. I bet Reliant's roof will nearly blow off with the ovation that Yates will get.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Another week where Sunday just can't come any sooner. For whatever reason, I'm not as scared about this game any more. I've changed my mindset about this game, I actually think we have a decent shot to win this against all the odds.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I will never watch another game on Fox again.*

*That does not include the Super Bowl, if on Fox, or any Texans games.

Dead serious.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'll stream the game for anyone outside of Houston. You guys shouldn't have to deal with Fox's bull****.

1 person likes this.
  18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's not like it was Fox's choice. Complain to your local news stations. Fox has the Texans-Falcons game as their early "A" game. They know what's up.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thanks man, I live in Houston but will be in North Carolina Sunday for an interview. Are you gonna link it through this thread?

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

not sure if posted but.. Warren Moon likes TJ
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l5S_4PzFisg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>