1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Houston Rockets win the division! First round matchup: Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2015.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I'm so happy!!!

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I'm shaving the logo in my head for this?

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

THE STARTING 5 PLAYED 2 GAMES TOGETHER ALL SEASON AND WE WON THE TOUGHEST DIVISION IN NBA HISTORY ANYWAY!

BEARD FOR MVP!!

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

at a loss - everything that has happened this season would have never thought the Rockets would have won the division. Memphis was pretty much in control until late when they had a couple of injuries and it cost them. Spurs then started to Spur and all was lost usually when that happens.

But even with the late season 2 game slide to the Spurs the Rockets managed to pull through. The heart this team has showed despite all the lineup juggling and all the injuries that still continued to plague the team (Bev, DMo) and they still find a way to win. Seriously - so many ugly wins this year -- but in my eyes ugly wins are the best they test the team the most. This team is far more focused and mentally stronger than almost any Rockets team I can think of in the last 15 years. Even the team that advanced 6 years ago - Artest, Battier were but guys like Lowry, Brooks etc. were all tough but not at all like this team. From top to bottom they've all had to deal with the adversity and have had a 'next man up' type attitude.

This is though the first time in a while that I feel the Rockets are actually favorites in a series -- though the Mavs by no means are an easy out - playoff Rondo is a different monster all together. It is good to see though.

Big ups to the coaching staff they have been amazing this year.

Major ups to the MVP - he proved that he wasnt concerned with the scoring title - he went out there and did whatever was needed to win - got the triple double in blowout fashion and got the division title. Incredible James Harden - how lucky we are to have him

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

No one believed Morey when he said we would be better going into the playoffs this year than we were last year. Not only was he correct, the Rockets were able to do so while overcoming more injuries than any other playoff team.

Go Rockets. Give that sad and psychotic masked Mavs fan a nervous breakdown.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I predicted Rockets in 7 in the other thread, so I don't think it'll be easy. But if they can't win this series, I may be ready to give up on ever seeing basketball in this city past the first weekend in May.

7. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

This is the best division in the NBA. OMFG Yes!

8. frontline94

frontline94 Member

cherry on the top would be bev and dmo coming back for the second round (that includes getting to the 2nd round haha)

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

you got that pic above with dream and co, you do the math.

10. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Any idea when we play game1?

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

But seeding doesn't determine home court. They have head to head tie breaker over us. Like Portland is #4 seed but #5 seed will have home court.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I'll be hella pissed if the Rockets manage to get bounced by this old Dallas team. Seriously...The Rockets better win this series.

Center: Howard>>> Chandler
    PF: Dirk>>>>>>>>>>TJones
    SF: Ariza>Parsons
    SG: Harden>>>>Ellis
    PG: Rondo>>Terry

Bench: Houston>>>>Dallas
    Coaching: Carlisle>>>>McHale

I dont like counting out a team like the Mavs, but we should win this series...That being said, we shouldve won last year, but didnt know how to close out close games. This year, we've been much more successful in close games...Wont ever forget that 40 point beating they delivered in game 7 a long long time ago...Im totally hoping we annihilate them this season, but I know never to count out any opponent in the West. Aside from the Spurs and GSW(who have a different gear) everyone else plays basically similar.

Motivated James Harden...Rockets in &

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I would trade away the seeding for a healthy Bev and D-Mo. Well, maybe I'd want an extra 10% FT shooting thrown in, for Howard and Smith and Dorsey.

But since life doesn't offer us such trades, I'll take the seeding. And with gratitude that the midseason trades and pickups gave us some depth to cope with our latest injuries.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you have not hated Mavs before, you will now after watching

Dirk Flop everywhere
    Harris Flop everywhere
    Barea Flop everywhere
    Tyson Chandler pushing everyone in the back
    Carlisle outclassing McHale

Cuban whining crying and constantly trying to manipulate the officiating.

It is going to get very very ugly.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Have been smiling all night.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But if the #5 team had the same record as Portland, Portland would have home court due to being the division winner.

Same thing here... the Clippers have the same record as the Rockets. First tie-breaker is the fact that the Rockets won their division, thus they get the higher seed and home court.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Sorry Rockets in 7

18. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I was in Dallas ten years ago from Game 7 when we lost by 40. Man I want to win this bad.

19. bodegas

bodegas New Member

With the season long build-up, this is going to be an amazing series. Could not of painted a better picture.

20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Where can we find the division champs shirts!