1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Harden making Hakeem obsolete thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Is Harden in the process of making Hakeem obsolete?

1. As a Harden nuthugger, I say the answer is clearly and obviously yes

14 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. As a Harden only fan, I say the answer is probably a qualified possibly yes, maybe

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. As a Hakeem nuthugger, I say Harden only fans should be banned

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. As a Hakeem only fan, I say there is no such thing as a Hakeem only fan

12 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. As a Mike D'Antoni fan, I don't understand the question

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. As a Patrick Beverley fan, I say you're all wrong

14 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. As a DMo only fan, I hear New Orleans is a nice place

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  8. As a Daryl Morey fan, I'm waiting for Batman Jones's musical

15 vote(s)
    11.0%
  9. As a Rockets fan, I say there is no right answer

46 vote(s)
    33.8%
  10. As an OP fan, even I want OP banned now

65 vote(s)
    47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

And hardens new years eve game can be argued to be as impressive as kobes 81

Houstunna likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like anyone who disrespects Hakeem's MVP year to visited by cyborgs from the future

Changing mission from John Connor to Hakeem disrespecting suckers

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Larry Bird would like to have a talk with you.

Houstunna and PyroTex like this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Terminate the Hakeem doubters!

tinman likes this.
  5. Wylo

Wylo Member

Based on various advanced metrics, prime MJ, LeBron and Wilt's numbers are still the holy grail of the best offensive seasons ever. Kobe, Bird and Magic's best seasons are a tier below that. It seems that this year Harden easily matches Kobe, Magic and Bird's best seasons, but comes a little short of MJ, LeBron and Wilt tier. Last year Curry tho really challenged MJ, LeBron and Wilt's numbers. I think Harden can be even better and have one of those prime MJ, LeBron and Wilt level seasons in the coming years.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers are too smart for this thread brother

7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Bird = greatest competitor all time

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Different eras
    Different rules . People jacking up 3s all day wouldn't work when you can get hand checked

Google that non believers

Houstunna likes this.
  9. heypartner

Swiss Roll used the term "all around" apparently to exclude MJ and Wilt....likewise Curry or any other players not noted for elite passing games.

Regardless, all I meant was to say the list of best all-around is Lebron, Magic and Bird. Swiss Roll failed to include Bird

Magic and Bird would have equal or better stats on really bad CLE teams like LeBron played for where he has to put up all the stats. You have to compare his Heat days and current CLE days to Magic and Bird, since they both played with 3-4 HOFers and played championship winning ball involving more players scoring.

10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

MJ and Bird never averaged 10+ APG or were labeled as Point-Guard/Forward tho. Wilt had like 100000 possessions per game too. The one thing that puts Harden in that conversation is his playmaking, He literally looks like LeBron if LeBron wasn't the greatest athlete of the current millennium. He will go down as one of the best Point-Wings along with Magic and LeBron.

11. Wylo

Wylo Member

That's fair. But LeBron in his third season in Miami averaged 31.6 PER on 64 TS% with 14.6 OWS and 9.2 OBPM. Holy sh*t, those are monster numbers that even exceed this year's Harden's. And we're only talking about offense. To me prime LeBron was up their with MJ.

12. heypartner

Are we including Wilt and MJ or not? Now I'm confused by your "all-around" label.

You can't compare stats of Harden and pre-Heat Lebron as sole scorers to Magic and Bird, because they were playing with multiple HOFers, and winning championships with need to have multiple scorers to beat each other.

Compare Lebron's Heat stats and current CLE stats to Magic and Bird and you will see that the elite class of "all-around" is Lebron, Magic and Bird. I only chimed in to add Bird to your list, not say he was the GOAT or not.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Harden would shoot 78 FTs a game if hoopers tried to hand check him. #crafty #HakeemdoesntgotoHobbyLobby #BeardingthroughMichaels

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I have only seen two seasons where a player forced their will upon the game of Basketball and made the regular season their b****, Curry last year and LeBron in 2009-10 when he carried Cleveland to SIXTY-SIX wins with MO WILLIAMS being the 2nd best player on the team. LeBron is BETTER than MJ at the same age, and will retire as the (runner-up to) GOAT (behind Hakeem)

15. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

16. Wylo

Wylo Member

Yeah, last year Curry was bat **** crazy too. Legit top 5 best offensive seasons of all time. I think this year Harden cracks top 15, but I don't know.

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

All-Around is Passing, Scoring, and Rebounding (I think), and I probably should have included Bird on the list, but I refrained as his best season in APG was 7.5. He is still one of the best players of all time PERIOD when you include his defense and rebounding.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Harden is #1 all time currently in points created (Scoring + points generated by assists) if he holds his averages, It's a top 3 offensive season if not better post-merger.

19. heypartner

Regardless of Assist totals (I mean Walton and Sabonis never had more either), Bird is the second best passer next to Magic of all time, imso.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aww, now you've gone and hurt my feelings. :(:( #FeelingBlue

ISOBall likes this.