1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official First Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Sep 25, 2016.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

#621 No Worries, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But would you go around and say that we need to bring back jobs to American, while furnishing his posh hotels with non-USA products.

But would you go around and say that non-Americans are stealing our American jobs, while staffing his posh hotels with Eastern Europeans on a work visa.

etc.

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

If Trump has made contributions to legislators, doesn't that technically make him a lobbyist as well :/

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The lack of understanding of the Marco economy in general is both amusing and scary . I suggest some of y'all find and read some textbooks .

We are trending upwards , but still are in a precarious situation with regard to our overall economy , post financial crisis .

This clown show is awful , though I think much of the hate for Hilary is manufactured. Much of the hate for trump is due to the fact that he shoves himself down our throats .

We don't need a third party , we need no political parties .

Peace noobs

5. TheresTheDagger

Probably not. But lets be honest...Hillary won't fix them either.

The debt isn't a problem because we lack income. Its a problem because we spend too much. You can be against spending too much AND attempt to pay as little in taxes as possible. I know that's where I am at personally.

6. TheresTheDagger

It would indeed. I admit to being ignorant of Trump's lobbying efforts at the federal level, although I do know he has donated to Hillary (and Bill's) past campaigns. It's quite comical to ponder actually.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Textbooks, eh? Are you sure there are no wingdingbooks, or hieroglyphicbooks anyone could learn from? Must everything be about text?

8. Major

Major Member

LOL, Fox had to admonish its people for trying to pull the same nonsense people here did.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/09/fox-news-online-polls-228836

Fox news exec to staff: Online polls ‘not true measures of public opinion’
    By KELSEY SUTTON

09/28/16 12:07 PM EDT

Fox News’s vice president of public-opinion research sent a memo to staff Wednesday reminding employees that unscientific online polls, which were cited in several segments to suggest that Donald Trump won Monday night’s presidential debate against Hillary Clinton, do not meet the network’s editorial standards.

"As most of the publications themselves clearly state, the sample obviously can’t be representative of the electorate because they only reflect the views of those Internet users who have chosen to participate," Dana Blanton, Fox News’s vice president of public-opinion research, wrote in the memo to the channel's politics team, which was obtained by Business Insider’s Oliver Darcy. "Another problem — we know some campaigns/groups of supporters encourage people to vote in online polls and flood the results," she wrote. "These quickie click items do not meet our editorial standards."

"News networks and other organizations go to great effort and rigor to conduct scientific polls — for good reason," Blanton added in the memo, which was sent Tuesday afternoon. "They know quick vote items posted on the web are nonsense, not true measures of public opinion."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/09/fox-news-online-polls-228836#ixzz4LZMyPdIB
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

9. Major

Major Member

Except Trump also complained about the lack of spending - remember the 3rd world airport infrastructure comment?

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Not once, did Hillary Clinton name one piece of legislation that she drafted or spearheaded that would have:
    • prevented "billionaires" like Trump from using tax loop-holes to avoid federal income taxes.
    • prevented the spike in drug prices that she has recently condemned and which occurred during her senatorial tenure.
    • prevented the massive amount of manufacturing job loss that took place during her senatorial tenure.
    • made college education more affordable.
    • prevented the loss of jobs and labor-negotiation power due to illegal immigration.

8 years.
    2 recessions.
    1 war.
    0 results worth mentioning.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Does this mean we shouldn't trust pravda.ru poll showing Trump winning the debate 99-1%?

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

She didn't question *his* stamina... What she did question was his experience, capacity, sexism and bigotry, and in that regard, he had no answer.

Her answer was a dick-kick. So much so, in fact, her gifting him a wide open plain to bring up Benghazi flew right by him. She worked him over.

13. Major

Major Member

The debate wasn't really a debate focused on specific policy proposals. Trump had none either - just looked at the debate topics and how broad they were. But if you actually paid any attention to the campaign, you'd have seen endless proposals by one of the two major candidates and virtually nothing but "make America great again!" by the other. I'll let you figure out which is which.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Questions about her health and stamina are valid. Her experience as he pointed out has yielded suspect results. His business experience has yielded fairly positive results. As far as sexism goes all women make sexist comments about men and they are seen as funny and never seen as offensive so he will never win heading down that path and should avoid answering any questions on said path. Hilary is every bit the bigot that Trump is, you can refer to her past comments about gangs and gay marriage for proof. Trump does not have the benefit of the liberal media which refuses to focus on anything that might show Hilary in a bad light and LOVES to make Trump look as bad as possible.

Benghazi is an example of her "experience" that he chose not to bring to light in this debate. It is one of many examples of her lying and failure to lead when the opportunity presented itself. If you realize that anything that comes out of her mouth is the result of her trying to help Hilary in any way possible everything she says and does makes perfect sense. She has no other purpose.

Either way, they both suck.

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Bankruptcies and lawsuits, I guess we have different definitions of positive results.

16. dmoneybangbang

We don't spend too much, we just don't spend enough on the more productive things. Without doing a thing, spending for entitlements will balloon in 2020. Without doing a thing, infrastructure will become more expensive as it deteriorates.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes, I am not fond of politicians using their career to making millions of dollars on the side. If you really struggle with this concept, this is exactly why we have really shitty legislation that always ends up biting us in the ass a decade later.

"Push my agenda in congress. Then come to my venue, make a grand speech and I'll pay you a million dollars and help you write a book". When the f--- has Hillary ever given an inspirational speech that is worth more than a free dinner??

About the only reason why I would vote Trump over Hillary is the simple fact that Trump is going against the political system that the Republicans and Democrats have entrench themselves in and have convinced their blind followers that this is the best for them. For now, Im still sticking with Johnson.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Based on what? Her vagina?

If only there was a way to verify that conclusively...

Oh, god...

I fully recognize that the chances of a thoughtful, nuanced response is minimal but... what is that based on? There are countless examples of her creating/pushing/passing legislation/initiatives that would have absolutely benefited other people, starting with universal healthcare during her husband's term.

I just don't understand the depth of vitriol... actually, I do - the Republicans have literally spent the better part of 25 years vilifying her and her family to the point that there is no longer any objectivity with her; they have turned her into Satan in the flesh, and she is powerless to try and reverse the perception.

I would be among those who, for a long time, just - for whatever reason - didn't like her. I can't explain it, I won't try to justify it. But I didn't. But I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for a Republican so I started actually reading up on her, listening to her; I've read her proposals and policies... and I think she's fully capable of being a competent president. I don't agree with everything she stands for - but she's about as moderate as candidates come, a (mostly) social liberal with deep roots in corporate America. If she were a man with similar experience and none of the vilification, I truly believe "he'd" be a runaway winner.

It'll never happen but if Republicans - actual, real Republicans; not these christian-warrior assholes - could put aside their bias and actually consider her candidacy, I just don't see how they wouldn't be on board.

Rockets2K likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

America is doing quite well relative to the world. I don't really see the America Trump is talking about. Automation and lack of trained workers is more concerning than offshoring at this point as not too many rock bottom wage countries left. China too feels the effect of automation and Mexico (offshoring) as China's wages rose over this last decade.

America's jobs and industries shift over time and if you want manufacturing than move to the South and Gulf Coast or Seattle. There's around $80 billion in refining and pipeline infrastructure being built to accommodate the shale boom, as shale oil is cheaper to refine than the heavier oils.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. val_modus

val_modus Member

Don't forget about our "depleted" military that we have to revamp ;)