1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official First Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Sep 25, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thanks - it's really enlightening to read your progressive Hillary opinion.

Looking forward to more great stuff like this from you.

Thanks.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Our country is losing jobs, 19 trillion dollars in debt , ISIS is in attack mode and are killing Americans but lets talk about Trump's tax return or better yet let's talk about what Trump said about Obama's birth certificate 4 years ago. It was obvious that debate was stacked against Trump and even that he still won by the looks of the various polls that are online.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hahahahahahahaha

RocketsLegend...you are freaking comedy gold. GOLD!

Was that word for word from the script the campaign gave you or are you allowed to improvise some?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

VIa some online polls I saw that Harambe and Ron Paul tied for "winning" this debate. Online polls are always the most accurate.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, there ARE two more debates. Can't really hit all the topics with this first one, and leave nothing of substance for the latter two.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He started strong and hit some emotional points. The jobs leaving and China screwing us was potent. He also was effective in painting America as not doing well.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

trash poster...making trash insinuations... Trump's presence appeals to his base. TV moderators and media personalities understand this. If you think that his presence in today's debates did anything to change that...you are quite obtuse. Moderate Republicans and independents have to make a decision...

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Trump was much worse before. He was typical Trump. I dont expect a jump in numbers for either candidate. Hillary was no shining star. She won first place in a debate between two r****ds.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

r/the_donald is his copypasta. they are openly spamming any online poll they can find. posting links everywhere.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I don't think Tim Kaine would be a very inspiring choice. And as far as the other side, yes, Cruz would hold his own against her, and probably Rubio. Not sure about the others. Rand Paul would have been the best, just as I argued that John Huntsman would have been the better candidate 4 or 8 years ago, but maybe you're right- sometimes the best ones don't always get selected.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Kaine would be an "inspiring" choice either, but Hillary's trustworthiness numbers are nearly as bad as Trumps....I mean, that's embarrassing. I'll put it this way, Romney was a terrible candidate, but he beats Hillary. Most people beat Hillary in a national election based solely on how incredibly unlikable she is and how untrustworthy she is. Trump is the only reason she'll be the next president.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That was less coherent than a Trump answer. Like your sentences barely even relate to each other, let alone form a cogent, cumulative response. I'm surprised you didn't mention that Rosie O'Donnell is horrible.

No wonder you "get" him in a way I don't. :)

14. dandorotik

I'm confused by his response, as well. Anecdotal evidence is still evidence. If I'm not mistake, anecdote means story, or example. So, if one is to prove her/his point, wouldn't that person use anecdotal evidence to say, "well, every candidate that has been perceived to have 'won' a debate did so due to something that didn't happen in the first 10 minutes." And not just that- but Donald Trump messed up in several instances over the last 80 minutes that, I feel, completely negated anything he did in the first 10. But, to each his/her own.

15. dandorotik

For years, Hillary Clinton was seen as the obvious choice to run in 2016. And by a very wide margin. And she beat Bernie Sanders by millions of votes. But then the email scandal happened. And although significant, that seems to be the one issue that most base the trustworthiness issue on. OK.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I think the term "r****d" is inappropriate... I take it you believe Trump was the lesser of two candidates. So why are you voting for him?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly wonder if Trump will go back to being a Democrat once the election is over. He can claim this was all one big con and save face by saying that it was a ploy to get Hillary elected. His money failed to help her the last time around, this time he found a way to get his favorite candidate put in office. Pretty solid if he does that.

18. dandorotik

Point well taken. Numbers usually don't lie.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

seems to me that Hilary didn't handle him well at first - he hit her hard and relentlessly on jobs - I'm surprised she didn't counter by saying there are more manufacturing jobs in the u.s. today than ever - the problem isn't taxes the problem is labor costs. She should have made the point that tax incentives aren't going to stop companies from relocating - manufacturing jobs have been leaving this country for the last 50 years and you can't stop free enterprise, you have create something new.

Trump definitely had her on the ropes the first half hour...but then she started really attacking him and he just unraveled. She's right, he doesn't have the temperament.

The weirdest moment was when Trump bragged about wanting to call Hilary some nasty things but said he was stopping himself. How does he expect that to play out????

People complainning about the issues - they spent a lot of time on jobs and ISIS - I can't imagine what are two more important topics.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The other issue is that you can make a flip flop video of her almost as funny as the flip flop video you can make of Trump. She's been on every side of every issue and she's been busted flat out lying on multiple occasions. She's never been likable.