1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No really. Carlisle was a winner whenever he was, but Rivers was bad when he was in the Magics. Carlisle is a very good coach even before winning a championship.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Carlisle coached his team up to win against a loaded Heat team. That team was Dirk and a bunch of role players. He's actually a great coach.

Doc Rivers, meh. His Celtics were awful before acquiring KG and Ray Allen, and he never accomplished anything in Orlando. His Clippers teams never overachieve, either. He's not a bad coach, but he isn't a good one. I'd put him on a similar level to McHale, average.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

All of their core players improved significantly and clicked at the same time which was more of a factor over the perception Kerr is this some great head coach that put them over the top.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Doc Rivers is an overrated coach. Furthermore, did McHale do anything special in that 4th quarter comeback game 6, other than benching Harden? Josh Smith just uncharacteristically caught fire. It's not like McHale made any adjustments, the Rockets were on their way to getting blown out of the series.

Carlisle though? Rockets were just more talented than the Mavs were, I'd say Carlisle did good just to win a game that series. McHale beating Carlisle doesn't prove anything.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just listened to Lowe and Arnowitz podcast on Grantland, Lowe reiterates that he wants to pick the Rockets as NBA champion and refers to McHale as an "underrated coach"

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TheRealist keeping it real.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, benching Harden was a big adjustments for any coach. Even if it was an accident decision, the credit was still belong to McHale.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

I agree. Doc Rivers is overrated. Why is he overrated? Because he won one championship when he had a stacked Celtics team.

I also think Carlisle is a very good coach. But I wonder what his reputation would be if he didn't have the 2011 championship? Impossible to say I guess, but I feel like people would say he is good but not get enough to get a team over the hump and that he choked away a 2-0 lead in the 2006 Finals.

If McHale wins a championship, I think the perceptions of him would change drastically.

That said, I also agree that the Rockets were just flat out better and more talented than the Mavericks last year, so us beating them doesn't prove anything for McHale as a coach. And the Clippers series was so back and forth and we seemed to have a couple of lucky breaks so I don't really think that proves anything for McHale either.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the good thing about this thread is no matter what the rockets do you can always say things could have been better.

even if they win it all you could have said they should have won it all last year. even with beverley and dmo out. jones injured. howard injured.

so bravo to this thread. someone can keep bumping it all the way until mchale is no longer here.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Yes. The Rockets should win the championship every year. You didn't know that?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

For me, the coaches that are better than McHale wouldn't accept mauri micromanaging everything.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

You haters are ridiculous. McHale and the Rockets did a lot more than win one quarter in the Clippers series. McHale and the Rockets won four games against Rivers and the Clippers. Even after the great 4th quarter comeback in game six. The Clippers still had a chance to win the series, but they didn't.

Here's an idea for all you haters. Instead of rooting so hard for McHale to fail. How about rooting for the entire team to win.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Playing what should be a bad Nuggets team and McHale doesn't have the team prepared at all.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Can't coach offense, can't coach defense, can't even get the team ready to play

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL

Y'all dudes couldn't wait 1 half before firing this bad boy back up. This thread remains gold.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You guys are bad and you should feel bad.

17. dmoneybangbang

So if we win, then you're an idiot?

18. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

We have no shot if Harden cant score

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

How have we still not learned to cover 3pt shooters? We could boost our point differential just by doing that.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden was sick that's you he didn't play the 4the quarter that game.