1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nickjones724

nickjones724 New Member

As an OU alum, I really hope you all reconsider your desire for Kelvin Sampson as the next head coach. We would be in the same position we are in now. After terrorizing the OU fan base for 13 years, he completely ruined the program at Indiana. Also for those of who want to keep Morey around, why? He compiled all of these "assets" and draft picks and can't do anything with them. Not one of his 1st round draft picks have panned out. Yeah, he snuck into the Pau trade, but so what? We'd be a six seed with Pau, who is 32, at best. Its time to start over and bottom out. There's a reason why teams like Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Indiana are the up and coming teams who are going to be good for a long time. They were terrible for so long that they had top 6 picks for three or four years in a row. We need young studs. I don't want to consistently fighting for the 6-seed and the second round. I want a shot at the title.

2. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

I dont understand why people make these threads. No one is gonna listen to you. Les Alexander don't give a crap about the Rockets, he just wants that $$$$$$$$.

3. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

To an extent, Aaron Brooks panned out. He carved up Portland and LA in the playoffs and while he declined after the ankle injury, Morey turned Brooks into Dragic.

Morey isn't a wizard as some make him out to be but he's been a pretty good GM with what he is dealt with. He knows we have to tank to get better, Les won't allow it. I'd rather take my chances with Morey than someone else who is looking for a GM job.

4. disguyman

disguyman Member

not McHale's fault the Rockets blow the lead late in the game for the past 5 years...

poor rotation? KMart getting paid the big bucks, owners dont wanna see him starting on the bench. Trying to input Lowry back in, he was playing at all star level before his injury. Parsons flat out beat Morris for the position.

I would say this, the players probably did gas out playing all these minutes, they should have been spread around a little more.

This is 1 season after Yao's retirement, expect more of this to happen.

5. nickjones724

nickjones724 New Member

2010: Patrick Patterson (Eric Bledsoe and Avery Bradley available)
    2011: Marcus Morris (Kawhi Leonard and Iman Shumpert available)
    2012: Royce White, Terrence Jones (Tyler Zeller available)

Unless there's a trade coming, this has gotten out of hand. It's time for Daryl to go. I'm so sick of stockpiling "assets" (see: PFs) in hopes of something bigger coming.

6. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

FIRE MCHALE NOW

Alright, I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this thread but I really do not care because I believe this is the right call and time to fire McHale.

Please tell me what McHale has done to prove his value for this franchise.

Please tell me why McHale is playing Douglas and Morris over Terrence Jones and Motiejunas? These players currently receiving ZERO minutes on the bench after proving valuable displays during the preseason while Marcus Morris and Tony Douglas are producing more turnovers than this team has produced is many years past.

Please tell me why there is absolutely no defense being played?

Please tell me why this man should be the coach of an NBA team?

I would not even trust this man to coach a HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL team.....this is not just about tonight's loss against Denver, this man has not ever managed/coached consistently in his entire NBA career.

7. trowa

trowa Member

I'm going to be bold and say that I can coach the team better than mchale, and I don't even know anything about coaching.

8. nono

nono Member

Our offense is some of the most stupid plays run by some of the most intelligent players on the court. No one seems to know what to do. No screens being set. No proper picks being set. Ball movement stagnating once Harden get the ball in his hand. Being out hustled on the boards today when we were not boxing out. That play where Lawson missed both free throws but we did not box out really killed us. Maybe these are all just mistakes by young players. Maybe Mchale is just a terrible coach. I will give him some more time but if I don't see improvements in our offense he should go.

9. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I totally agree with you. I don't understand why Rockets hired McHale. He brings nothing. We should fire him if Rockets do not make playoff again. What I don't like about him is that he sits on the bench and watch the game instead of supposedly standing up and talking to players often. What a fail coach.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

High pick and roll.....high pick and roll....*76 more times*....high pick and roll...

11. trowa

trowa Member

mcfail to be developmental coach, only there to teach our players postmoves

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't like what McHale is doing either...

But seriously...how is Douglas taking minutes from any of the guys you named you want playing?

Morris has deserved his PT.

13. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Yes, fire the coach 4 games into the season right after you just made a major roster move.

I'm sure the Rockets will have replacements just beating down Morey's door to come here after that.

14. Rafi

Rafi Member

but hes a hall of famer. such a great big man coach too, i mean...look at what he's done with asik's offensive game, 2nd coming of kareem

15. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

please do fire mchale bring back JVG!!!

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

Yup. Every damn play. High screen and roll, high screen and roll, chuck a 3, high screen and roll, harden ISO while everyone sits at the 3 point line, repeat. That's the offense.

Oh yea, and don't forget having Lin dribble ball up halfcourt, pass it off to Harden and go to sit on the 3 point line in the corner every play for the rest of the shotclock. Every play. While Harden runs a ISO with a high screen and roll and everyone sits and watches.

18. munco

munco Member

Great player but has been a terrible coach.

19. gah

gah Member

Like it or not, the speech we've gotten since the summer from Morey and the coaches is that they are going to need the first two months of the season to really evaluate where the team is headed, deal with it.

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This team looks like a team without direction which is a reflection of coach. I know Harden has only been with them a little over a week but the Rox are just too predictable. The ball movement is not as crisp, too many turnovers, etc. I have never been a big fan of McHale. The team is not talented enough to have constant iso-ball. They need ball movement like in pre-season to get more easier shots. Like I said in game thread, if Harden is not playing all-world, this team is going to struggle as is.