1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Great adjustments McHale!

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Coaching staff really needs to implement some more sophistication into their schemes. The Rockets are far too easy to figure out offensively.

1 person likes this.
  3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Kerr running rings around McHale. It's bcoming painfully obvious that McHale's lack of an offensive system is killing us. And he gives two ****s about defense.

4. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I still wanted him gone but kept quiet cause people were happy but lets be honest, He is a Josh Smith/Brewer anomaly from getting fired.

It wasnt like the Rockets came prepared in Game 6, They were getting blown out and Mchale just got lucky.

The constant switching?
    The constant lack of effort?
    Players look like they are winging it on offense and defense?
    Mchale lack of awareness to the highs and lows of game going on

1 person likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I really to say it, but I still don't think McHale is good enough.

We won last series in spectacular fashion, but seeing our performance in the WCF, it seems like a fluke more than anything, just a monumental collapse by the Clippers.

The GSW are an example of a well coached team, their schemes are much more sophisticated than ours. I was at the game tonight and it looked like we were an NCAA team going up against an NBA team.

1 person likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think most people on the inside are aware of it, but it sounds silly to say it considering we massively overachieved this year.

Nothing we can do about it though. Leslie Alexander doesn't fire coaches and he just gave McHale an extension. Les made a lot of money this postseason so no way he even thinks about making a change.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Watching Jones get beat by Curry 99% of the time for 3 straight games; you would think the coach would tell them to stop switching so easily...

But hey, this is the same Coach that kept letting them switch Harden on Blake for 6 games...

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

True.

I think we are stuck with Mchale. With him we are not going to win a chip though.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

We could win a title with McHale, but the key is significantly improving our coaching staff to cover up all his flaws (mainly the Xs and Os stuff). Morey went for some big names last offseason like Lionel Hollins but came up empty.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea because Hollins didn't want to run the 3s-R-Us offense.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I doubt Coach K would want to coach this team and be subject to having to play how Morey wants to, but he would be awesome. Surely he wants to give the NBA a shot before he retires. McHale is a Morey lapdog, pretty much.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

All this talking and you guys still don't get it, it's not about Mchale. He is a great guy. It's about winning a ring. Am I happy about making it out of the 2nd round? hell yeah. But the goal is to win a ring, you need to be disciplined to do that. Mchale ain't that type of guy, he is the go out there and have fun guy. Our system needs to be changed. That being said Mchale did a hell of a job this year and I applaud him.

13. OpportunityCost

Lol, good one - 3s-R-Us.

14. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Spot on. It's funny because it seemed like McHale was such a smart player and now it looks like he learned absolutely nothing coaching wise in Boston. We need better assistant coaches, who are about X's and O's or change the head coach.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Oh wait, the OP posted this way back in 2012. Still seeing the same things today.

I don't get why McHale doesn't play rookies like Nick Johnson who can defend better than Terry or Prigs. Trot out the same lame defense, what do you expect? Warriors will figure out how to exploit it.

Also his magic with Josh Smith ran out. You mean Smith met his match in Green and Barnes?

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When are y'all going to start holding these players accountable. The coach can not teach grown men to be prideful, build of their heart or drive intensity into their minds. He can only preach that hoping it will hits home. We have too many veteran players to get embarrassed like that in front of our home crowd. Howard was the only one that gave a damn last night.

I never wanted Mchale to be the coach in the 1st place. But under all the different circumstances over the years he's been here, Mchale has been remarkable. My thing is when his players follow is sound instructions, we usual wins. They went away from his coaching and advise. So the blame goes to each and every last one of them.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

well, how many more years do we give him to learn to hold players accountable? Pops even shouts at his superstars.

In this period of sophisticated offenses, we're basically relying on streetball. Give the ball to your PG and let him create. That's his plan with Dragic, with Harden and Lin, and now back to Harden alone.

I don't think it's enough anymore.

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I think it's fair to criticize McHale for not giving Nick more PT during the regular season in anticipation that we would need his defense at some point in the playoffs, but we all knew that the Warriors guards would eat Terry/Prigs alive if we had to face them.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He does hold his players accountable. It's some of the fans on here that doesn't. They want to blame Mchale for everything that goes wrong. He's been preaching ball movement, team defense and etc. But sometimes they don't follow through on those simple instruction that's actually been taught to them back in grade school.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Mchale is not the reason why we were missing wide open shots. C'mon man, stop blaming Mchale for every loss. I wasn't a fan of the extension nor do I think he is the answer either but it's incredible how everyone is saying they were wrong and he's a great coach after a win and after each loss it's Fire Mcfail.

1 person likes this.