1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Decision on Joey Dorsey was huge and it's one that should have been made a long time ago. Not specifically with Capela but Black was better than Dorsey also. He gets credit for having confidence in Capela in the playoffs, He's been a godsend.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's where I stand now. He's been good so far this series, but it's against an opponent we should beat. I predicted the series would be over in 6. If it's a sweep, McHale deserves a gold sticker. If it's 5 or 7, depends on a few more factors.

Similarly, I see us making it to the second round and having a difficult time against Spurs/Clips. McHale will get praise if we win that series. Par would be losing in 6.

3. Airdough

Airdough Member

For the nth time, McHale doesn't make the roster decisions. He didn't sign Dorsey or waive Black. He was giving Black minutes then Josh Smith came available and Morey dropped the smaller contract that was more likely to get picked up.

I credit McHale for quick rotations at the big spots to prevent Carlisle going full hack a thon. He also stuck with the pick and roll knowing the outside shots weren't falling and that eventually the paint looks would start falling. Once they did in the 4th quarter, the Rockets blew the Mavs away.

We will have to find a way to get Harden moving more as the spacing and flow were working better with Harden not on the floor in the second half.

4. vinthora

vinthora Member

He's done pretty well the first 2 games, but then again, Mavs defense is really not up to playoffs level. The mismatches are so blindingly obvious, but still give credit where it's due.

Our defense should be a bit tighter on Dirk, but that's about the only thing I have as an improvement. Look for the Mavs to fight back in Dallas though; this won't be a sweep.

5. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

It's totally obvious that the McHale haters here are trying desperately to cover their tracks, e.g. now the bar is anything less than NBA finals will be McHale's fault...and if we were fortunate to make it there, they will even raise the bar higher.

This thread is a testament to their idiocy.

There's no better example than this Dallas series. Rondo has been a failure in Dallas....Smith a success in Houston. McHale gets zero credit for doing something NO other NBA coach has been able to do and that's put Smith in a position to succeed. Carlise is proclaimed a genius. McHale is called excrement...by the so called Rockets fans here.

1 person likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You think people dislike of Mchale is dependent on the First Round????? LMAO. This team is supposed to compete for a championship, why do you think people are so pissed about a first round lost last year. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CONTENDERS THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF NOT LIKING MCHALE. If we get past the second round I will forgive him for the debacle last year but until then I have my doubts about his abilities.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He has not made any mistakes in those two games so far, the team was also playing totally different offense this time. He is doing a great job right now.

8. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lol at meadowturd. I've clearly rustled some nerves here. I wanna see how long this grudge goes on for. Any criticism of McHale will hurt meadowturd personally. Where have we seen this before...

1 person likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just want to let people who still buy into the "no plays" nonsense, both Morey and McHale talked about plays that were called specifically for Dwight and Josh to work together. Morey talked about how that was brilliant by McHale to run that setup with the personnel he had, etc.

10. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

LOL...you seem to have a fascination with crap, that is, in applying it liberally to others....while running as fast as you can away from your own comments.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He stopped giving black minutes and was playing Dorsey in the fourth, you never play Dorsey in the fourth.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

McHale is owning Jim Carrey right now.

Love it.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...you don't want to let Dirk go off on another 3-14 shooting binge.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You think 2 wins in the first round against the Mavs at home makes Mchale coach of the year?? lol I hope Mchale grows, I hope we get out of the second round with or in spite of him But I Mchale is not proven until we are out of the second round. The whole point of wanting Mchale fired is that people thought he would hinder championship hopes. No one here personally hates Mchale he is a great guy, great coach? not so much..

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Running away?

How unnecessary when I have you, #1 otaku of my fan club.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mchale is doing an outstanding job so far.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If the second round means everything, why can't you STFU until then?

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not so much a criticism of Mchale but it looked like Dirk just had a bad shooting night. He got 24 game one and got several good looks last night.

I wouldn't count on him playing that poorly the rest of the series

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since there was implicit blame placed on McHale for Dirk's good shooting first game, then there should be praise for McHale for Dirk's poor shooting second game.

20. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Never said that...or anything even remotely close to that.

We are in the hunt....maybe we will fail or maybe succeed...but there will be plenty of time later for you McHale haters to spew more of your tired rhetoric of hatred.