1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

From the article:

"...Harden and the Rockets are countering by turning this imbalanced defensive attention into open 3s for his teammates on the weak side. His WILLFUL COOPERATION (emphasis mine) in this exchange has elevated the overall functionality of the entire Rockets offense...."

Do you really not see his teammates working WITH Harden as he creates the offense? Do you think they randomly set screens? Do you think they magically appear at the spots where he throws his no look passes? The passes in the three videos are akin to a QB throwing to a spot where he expects the receiver to be. They practice that. I don't think anyone is denying that Harden is the facilitator the vast majority of the time, but to think it is ALL Harden is ridiculous. It is his teammates and his coaches that help put him and his teammates into those positions.

2. Airdough

Airdough Member

No, you are just one of many. Your rep has increased since you doubled down on the McHale sucks bandwagon, so just making an observation. I am not here to defend him or crtique McHale. Rather just enjoy the ride and hope it ends in more success this year than last.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well first that's not the quote I was referring to and second I NEVER SAID THEY DON'T RUN PLAYS. I don't know how many times I have to say that. But those plays are dependent on Harden being great. Not just anyone can make that play and it's largely a product of Harden's well known ability to get to the basket and hit the three that allows those plays to work. Without him we are not a playoff team. I'm not giving Kevin Mchale credit for James Harden being great. If you watch Rockets games you know 7 times out of 10 they run a play it doesn't work and it ends up in Harden's hands for him to create, that's just the truth.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Actually I get more neg rep from here, but I keep posting anyway because I feel strongly that Mchale should be gone. If you look at my reps I rarely ever get any from this thread, people don't like ugly and it sometimes gets ugly in here, lol.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The last time I received rep for this thread was over a month ago since then I have gotten rep from 6 or 7 threads that have nothing to do with Mchale.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its always more easier to be a coach on TV than on the court.

Its easy for JVG to say that, even normal fans will have this idea across their minds.

But like any other strategies, there is always a chance to back fire.

Think about it, if McHale will instruct the team to foul Jordan when we were up 4-6 points and then we lost, this thread will have 20 more pages yesterday.

When the team win, all credits go to the players, when the team lost, all blames go to the coach.

That's pretty laughable.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is actually not true, there are plenty of threads about Beverly and other players, there are plenty of people who feel Harden needs help, I'm one of them.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are lot of threads about individual players but it doesn't mean they speak the truth.

Many threads here are purely individual love/hate towards their personal preference and they are hardly related to the facts.

Most fans are bandwagon fans, they will jump on the emotional train in every single sports.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That is irrelevant to the fact that you said Mchale takes all the blame when we lose and the players get the credit when we win, that's simply not true. The players are always blamed for their poor play and credited when they play well Mchale has been blamed for poor in game situations.

10. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

I think for the most part that the head coach has very little to do with the game. I would put most of it on the players. The only thing a coach can do is set up a system, have the players buy in, and keep them motivated in game in order to win. So many factors play in to winning a game, home court advantage, how the players are feeling, whether thers good chemistry between teammates, and just the overall skill of each individual player. I mean how can you blame mchale for dmo's lack of rebounding? or tjones lack of a jump shot? or beverley's complete package of suckiness? or josh smiths lack of motivation or commitment? or jason terry's feeble old ass body?

I'll let you guys in on a secret ok?

This team will go as far as James Harden will take them. THE ONLY WAY WE WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IS IF HARDEN CARRIES US TO THE END.

JUST LIKE MJ, JUST LIKE LEBRON, JUST LIKE PAUL PIERCE, ISIAH THOMAS, MAGIC, THE BIRD, AND OF COURSE, HAKEEM THE MOTHA****IN DREAM OLAJUWON.

Its on harden and ya thats a huge responsibility, but that is how you become great. Harden has to mask all his other teammates lack of abilities with his superior play and only then will the Rockets take home the trophy.

#Fearthebeard #dontgethardenmad #takeabackseathoward

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale is blamed for what he is responsible for. No one is expecting Mchale to teach Dmo how to rebound, Dmo gets flack for that. Mchale gets flack for not playing Dmo until he absolutely had too. For playing Terry at point when Canaan was perfectly healthy and playing well. The coach decides who plays, when they play and how long they play, those are all very important things.

12. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

I'm glad he doesn't play dmo and I guarantee you he will be seeing a lot less minutes when howard comes back and we will be a much better team because of it.

I dont know what the deal was with Canaan tho... u got me there. we deserve an explanation

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dmo is doing ok, I think he'll get better. Yeah the Canaan thing was weird.

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I've thought of creating a thread in the Dish. But then think it might be better placed here.

Pop blasts his players after last night's loss to the Knicks.

“We didn’t respect the game, we didn’t respect our opponent,” said Popovich, whose Spurs led by as much as 13 in the third quarter. “It was a pathetic performance and I hope that every player is embarrassed. Not because ‘we are supposed to win the game’ but it is about how you play the game.”

http://www.nba.com/video/cvp/league....nba&context=nba&env=nba&width=576&height=324

A typical trap game. They did lead 10 at the half and 7 after three quarters. Shved's offensive rebound sealed the win when he was fouled and hit 2 FTs. The Spurs are now tied with Clippers and Mavs with 25 losses. But they are at the 7th spot due to less total games played. If they won the game, they would've been at 5th.

With only 16 games left, that could hurt them even more later than now.

I would love to have a coach like Pop who is willing to blast their own players with loss like this. A team's character is defined, to a large extent, by its coach.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Pop yelled Duncan on TV last year after Duncan's mistake. Pop is just great in all aspects. Look at Pop people who are doing the jobs on the coaching position, then look at Phil Jackson's people on the head coach position, then we should know who is better.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mchale once hit Harden on his arm. He cried.

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Really ironic that the McHale haters in one breath blast him for a disciplinary move in not starting TJones and then turn around and blast him for lack of discipline.

Some people just hate.

18. davidghall

davidghall Member

If you are calling Kevin McHale a disciplinarian, then so is Weird Al Yankovic.

19. baubo

baubo Member

So we should fire McHale and hire Popovich? I'd be on board with that.

On a different subject, I'm seeing that Anthony Davis is a hell of a lot better than Terrence Jones. What do you think if we fired Jones and hired Davis? That may make us a bit better, would it not?

20. davidghall

davidghall Member

Anybody see how Miami defended Portland's final inbounds play tonight? Looked a bit different from how we defended the final play of game 6.

Nobody will ever convince me that Terrence Jones wasn't playing the worst inbounds defense in the history of basketball on that play, but he was just doing what he was told to do.