1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Bumpy Genitalia

The Rockets should have hired Mario Elie over Kevin McHale. Wasn`t Elie interviewed about three times over the summer, and they decided to go with McFail? It`s a Boston connection with Morey. Only reason he got the job.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well that would be the Onwer Les. Good luck firing him ;)

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

"I'm smelling some basketball reasons here."

4. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

How old are you guys? Have any of you ever run anything besides your computer?

Everday this place gets more stupid.

Couple that with the Rockets play of late, enough to drive a man to drink, and put himself in time-out for a couple of years.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

7. juiceman54

juiceman54 Member

Well actually according to Morey the second choice behind McHale was Van Gundy(found on the BS Reports Podcast).
    I don't understand why everyone is saying to fire McHale for a few reasons:
    1. Kelvin Sampson is our coach in waiting. He needs at least another year to get a little bit more experience before taking over.
    2. McHale basically did just as good of job as Adelman did( considering final season standings and record) - true the players should have developed more, but how could they if they didn't have an off season to practice.
    3. Even if none of us don't like the rotation, how can you blame the man? I mean seriously his two best players were out for a significant amount of time and he found ways to keep two bench players sharp. A lot of teams would have crumbled, but he found a way to make a playoff push with Lee and Dragic. Finding the right combination of guys to play might have been easier if we wouldn't have had such devastating injuries.
    4. Are we really going to start this? Where every time we go on a losing skid we start demanding the coach to be fired? I thought we were better fans than this, but turns out we have a bunch of fans that act like they were Knicks fans. I am sincerely disappointed that everyone put this on McHale and not the people that actually didn't go out and perform at the level they were capable of.

8. Bumpy Genitalia

Van Gundy? As in Jeff Van Gundy? I would love to have Van Gundy over McFail any day. If Adelman was the coach of the Rockets THIS YEAR, the epic collapse of cosmic proportions would not have happened.

9. albuster

albuster Member

The owner paid teflon Morey to do the job. How does the GM get away from all accountability in all these?

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I tend to agree...bad decision after bad decision...We're DOOOMED!!!

11. juiceman54

juiceman54 Member

Yeah I was surprised too. It was on the Bill Simmons podcast with Jeff Van Gundy. Morey told Simmons that he was very interested in bringing the JVG back.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** yes, I have had over 300 employees in 4 countries, what about you?

DD

13. jogo

jogo Member

So who gets credit for the 4 road victories? This is an up and down season because it's so short. McHale hasn't had ANY training camp, summer league, or preseason to install what he wants to run. We've had our two best players (Lowry, Martin) injured for the last part of the season. We were bound to come back to earth.

These critiques are the same things people said about Rick Adelman. How easily people forget.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Budinger had 17 shots in 32 minutes? :eek:
    Scola only had 10 in 43 minutes?
    Scola should be shooting more than Budinger.

Minutes/Shot
    Budinger 1.9
    Dragic 2.5
    Camby 2.8
    Lee 3.2
    Lowry 3.4
    Parsons 3.4
    Patterson 3.4
    Scola 4.3

Hm, Budinger is your first option on offense and Scola is your last option on offense. OK. . . .

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What?

Did you watch the game? Packed paint, open jumpers, that is what was there, without a penetrating player on the floor (we only have one right now in Dragic) the offense sucks.

With Adelman we had movement to make up for shortcomings in one on one abilities.....Adelman is in Minny now...we got a team of role players without that skill trying to run a one on one offense.

DD

16. jogo

jogo Member

Wow...a sensible post. It will assuredly be ignored by the knee-jerkers in this thread, however. First they want us to tank the season, though we've all heard that our goal is to make the playoffs. Les was not going to let us tank. Then when we're playing well they shut up. When we slide towards the end they complain because we're losing? I thought they wanted us to tank in the first place! There are constant complaints about players. Play Lee he's our future, Martin sucks! Then our team takes a beating with Martin out and then they complain that we're not playing Martin. Also, everything is McHale and Morey's fault. Stern's veto did no damage to our team whatsoever. Not having a training camp or preseason did not matter at all with a new coach, new starting SF, and new starting C. If we just had Coach X we'd certainly have made the playoffs, don't you know?

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Why fire the guy? He has shown he is the perfect coach for a tank job. It's obvious the idiot thought this was an 82 game season, and began tanking a little to late.

18. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

How can you guys judge McHale after one season with coaching a bunch of non talented borderline scrubs?

We only beat the lakers when bynum was ejected
    We only beat the bulls because Derrick Rose didn't play
    We only beat okc because they missed a bunch of shots late, which is rare

Those are our only good wins this season, which we got really lucky.

You put Phil Jackson on the bobcats they still would suck

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Notwithstanding this late season collapse, which does not negate the entire season, this team has played hard and scrappy for most of the season. They have beaten some very good teams while looking solid, but they are what they are: one star away from mediocre to contender.

My expectations were not high, so I may be in the minority (gladly) but have not been disappointed with this season, this team, or McHale. I wanted to see them play hard and develop and would not have been unhappy with a losing season and top 3 pick. Just don't lose on purpose, that would have been disappointing.

We've got Motiejūnas coming, an improved Morris (hopefully), an improving Parsons, and potentially another good rookie or two coming next year. Put a solid big man star (Cousins) in the paint and we're good to go.

Continue with the hand wringing and scapegoating...I'm content.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not sure we disagree.