1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Play GS and get within 8-7 pts after being down 20+. GS puts their starters in (Harden out since 3rdQ with a good game), Mchale lets our bench play their starters. The rest of the starters didn't give a crap, so that didn't matter...but pulling Harden out like that was throwing the towel in way too early.

Now, Harden injured and rockets getting rolled. Continues to allow him to play.
    Great player management there. Chances are you'll lose this game, wonder why you can't give your player a lot more rest going into AS weekend. Its worth a couple of losses.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale continues to be an idiot

The guy is a robot while "coaching" and can't adjust according to the game situation

DMo was getting easy buckets and McHale yanked him out since he has to stick to his pregame fixed agenda

What a hack of a coach

1 person likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Damn, I'd feel like a complete idiot if Houston comes backs and win.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im on the record for saying that mcfail needs to go but Im starting to believe Morney is calling some of the shots for coach's DNP's list. K-Pap was a stud earlier in the year and has helped us overcome a handful of games when he was in the rotation. Maybe Morney doesnt want to showcase him for trades. Am I crazy? Ive always loved his game and never understood why he was glued to the bench for so long.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

That's completely on Morey. But not for some crazy conspiracy theorist reason.

It's because he went full r****d and signed Josh "the blackhole" Smith.

6. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Min FG 3pt FT +/- Off Def Reb Ast TO Stl Blk BA PF Pts
    Trevor Ariza 6-15 3-7 0-0 -15 1 5 6 3 2 1 0 3 5 15

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

trevor ariza cost us this game, and mcfail stuck with him till the end.... this fool looked high as hell on the court tonight

8. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I really dont get it... Why settle for a few flow offense, when Xs and Os coaches like GSW, SAS, and ATL or so successful? Pap, Kerr, and the ATL coach are Xs and Os guys right?

9. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Free* Flow

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

x's and o's are underrated by the mchale, morey and les.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Management and Coaching are really holding this team back. I can easily see harden bouncing after his contract.

1 person likes this.
  12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. This is something we should really be concerned about.

13. joesr

joesr Member

Laughing at McHale getting the blame now. After 3 years if you dont know McHale and his capabilities then ofcourse you expect more.

But yet Morey isnt getting any blame? He hired him? He extended him....

1 person likes this.
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I heard Morey say a few weeks ago the reason why Canaan wasn't getting any playing time. Im pretty sure that same reason applies to Pap. That reason was there isn't enough minutes to go around. Both Pap and Canaan were contributing and playing solid minutes. Morey makes his trades and neither player sees any playing time. Well Canaan did play heavy minutes in the d-league. Lol my thing is FTW I hear your grief with Mchale, but Morey is the one calling the shots. How many times did this man have to change his starting lineup so far this season? And you know the lineup is about to change up again after the all star break. Give the man some credit for keeping this team in the top 5 in the wild wild west while having to change up the starting lineup and rotation pretty much all year. Mchale has been dealing with this since he was hired.

1 person likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It boggles my mind people think he actually contributes to our wins.

We win in spite of this head coach.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^^^^

He literally rides the coat tails of Harden. When Howard was out earlier in the season he road the coat tails of Pap, DMo, Howard and other players. I doubt he knows the basics of coaching or setting proper set plays given the talent on the team available. This team is still very loaded. Six 6-8 or 6-9 guys that can switch defensively if coached properly. I think the plethora of bigger like sized players is an advantage no other team in the league has. Imagine Kerr at the helm instead of McHale, he cold properly take advantage and utilize this even better than his current Golden State team.

1 person likes this.
  17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He suppose to! That's the luxury of having Superstar players. Ask Phil Jackson

18. davidghall

davidghall Member

ONE day...many years from now...United States authorities will finally find those infamous Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. They will be buried deep in the Iraqi desert, right next to Josh Smiths 3 point shot, and Kevin McHales coaching abilities.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How can you have a bunch defensive specialst players and still play bad defense?

20. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I'm pretty sure he still has 3 years after this year on his contract. No reason to be concerned too far away.