1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don't make me show how successful McHale is on inbounds plays...dudes.

Y'all, just say he isn't, when in fact, he's the best Rockets coach ever out of a timeout, and top in the league now.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So Mchale is a good coach because people who are fans of another team also don't like their coach? Is that the dismissive tone and logic you are gonna use? Why even post?

1 person likes this.
  3. baubo

baubo Member

I think he just means that whether you or I determine if McHale is a good coach or not, doesn't actually mean anything. McHale is a coach of a certain level. Perhaps he's great, or just good, or bad, or terrible. His point is that we as fans don't really know, because fans in general blame everything on coaches.

You or Cometswin or anyone else can repeatedly say McHale sucks a thousand times, a million times, a billion times, and it does not actually change McHale's quality of coaching. Same with people who post the opposite. Coaching ability is not based on a popularity vote.

1 person likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Again your logic is flawed, there is no way that you can make statements like that without backing it up with percentages and circumstances. Toms Tibbs is regarded highly as a defensive coach, but his fanbase maybe ready for a change. That doesn't make them wrong that is just how they feel. And That is a different situation than here. Since basketball is FOR fans, you think they don't have a right to have some sort of opinion who is coaching their team? Basketball isn't Rocket Science if you played at any level and watched it enough you now enough to form an opinion on the subject. Especially when it comes to what you PAY to see.

Mchale himself and Corey Brewer talked about him not being an x's and o's guy. It is of the opinion of people here that we need an x's and o's guy to win a title, they want to see changes. Doesnt mean they are wrong they just want to see something else.

Finally saying that fans always blame coach is not true because again you have no proof of what percentage of the fanbase. You could say SOME fans always blame the coach, but just because some people always do something that doesn't make them wrong in each separate circumstance. You guys still have a critical thinking issue.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's the only coach in the league who doesn't stand up for his players when they are getting hacked. Its so frustrating.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

People here also complain about Dwight and other things. What I see is people on the Rockets, taking blame and credit for the things that they are responsible for. I also see fans like you, of those people who are living in denial and grabbing at straws. We pay the bills if we dont like what we see we have the right to say so.

Lastly this thread is entitled "Fire Mchale Thread" why are you guys always so surprised when you come in here that people are talking about wanting to fire Mchale. You know you don't have to come in this thread as much as you do. Yet we still see the same people coming in here to complain about the people talking about what the thread is titled, that makes no sense. If you don't like it don't come in the thread that solves your problem. Quit bumping the thread up. You are not going to change anyones mind here. No matter what you say people don't like his style of coaching and it will stay that way til he leaves.

Btw I loved Adelman but I hate Mchale so does the statement "Fans always want the coach fired" true in my case? Or is it just true now that Mchale is here. Critical Thinking.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You do understand that they plays those motivational clips because it's against the broadcasting agreement to show specifics right?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dafuq? Is that what I said in my post you quoted?

I said it's easy to blame the coach. And it is. JVG says this all the time, as does just about everyone. That doesn't mean the coach is never at fault; it just means it's easy to blame him. Pops and Thibs as an example.

#9868 Haymitch, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its easy to blame him? That's a stupid saying, If someone thinks he's to blame they will blame him. Why don't you make an I love Mchale Thread instead of coming in this thread attacking peoples freedom of speech like this is Nazi Germany. And you are right that doesn't mean he is never at fault but he is not always not the only one blamed. The players get blamed too. Plenty of people love Mchale why not make your own thread??? Why attac people who just want to vent? I don't see the point if you love Mchale so much of even coming in this thread you know it will only start thread wars it's basically stalking and trolling what some of you guys are doing.

ESPECIALLY THE PUNKS THAT LEAVE REP MESSAGES WITHOUT THEIR NAMES ON IT, SAYING MESSED UP STUFF TO ME JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE MCHALES COACHING. THE MORE YOU DO IT THE MORE I WILL POST. It's insanity. I know its not you Haymitch that does it or at least I hope its not. I'm just saying why take it that personal that you leave nasty anonymous stalker messages? Why not just leave people alone and have you own opinion.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

SF3isBack,

It's gonna be OK. Everything is gonna be OK. Have a drink / smoke, eat some greasy food, watch Bloodsport, and maybe take a break from this thread for a while.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I love it when posters say this, it shows how little they understand so there is no need to ever take any analysis they post seriously.

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I am referring to the posters who think the totality of a coaches strategy is what the broadcasters choose to air on tv during the timeouts.

13. dmoneybangbang

Riiiiiiight. You're in the locker room and know what is said beyond the soundbite.

14. dmoneybangbang

Maybe you should take the hint then....

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Childish

16. dmoneybangbang

Well what do you expect? Insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result.

Perhaps you should be open to the possibilty that McHale is just an average overall coach. Seems the Rockets surround him with smart people to make up for the areas he lacks.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

It has to be done if James' injury is serious.

What idiot risks playing your best player who just banged his knee? Then resorts him to play extensive minutes, while you have another potential playmaker on the bench?

I don't understand.

1 person likes this.
  18. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Isiah Canaan could have helped Harden so much, oh well i doesnt matter now

mchale has some kind of grudge againist canaan and papa

19. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Should've rested Harden yesterday and today, McFail!

20. dmoneybangbang

It wasn't the same knee and he McHale isn't a medical trainer. Harden was obviously cleared by the appropriate staff, try and think before you post.