1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

With our record that we have had the last 2 seasons, who really thought it was due directly to McHale's coaching?

Talent can only get you so far, but coaching (in our case specifically) can weigh you down. That's why, even with the record we have (as you pointed out), many posters here (myself included) believe that we would be better off with an upgrade at HC, one who would bring some structure and clearly defined roles for our assembled roster.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

McHales #1 job is to get Dwert to buy into a more efficient style of play. He hasn't come close to accomplishing that task and if he doesn't get it done , they have no chance at bringing home a Larry O'Brien Trophy.

1 person likes this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, it tells me how bad Houston fans suck.

4. davidghall

davidghall Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. You never hear people complain about a coach when the team has a phenomenal record. The fact that McHale gets dogged on here as much as he does must mean he REALLY sucks.

5. davidghall

davidghall Member

Houston fans? EVERY fan base b****es and complains. It's part of being a fan. I'm sure there are people who wanted JVG and Adelman fired, but I don't remember there being this much of a public outcry to get those guys fired. It seems almost unanimous amongst the fanbase that we want Kevin McHale fired.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

This extravagantly incompetent charlatan's coaching performance down the stretch tonight was one for the ages. Even the most stubborn and logically-devoid McFans here cannot possibly utter a single murmur in defense of that steaming pile of hyena excrement littered all over the floor tonight by one Kevin Mchale. If the man had any character whatsoever, he would simply resign first thing tomorrow morning.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

McFail needs to go. Why are you going to put that scrub Joey Dorsey in the game during Phoenix's final possession so he can do something dumb like foul a guy shooting a layup to tie the game when you have Josh Smith you could have inserted instead? Smh, unbelievable what a moron this guy is...just a microcosm of how bad this guy is...easily one of the worst coaches in the entire NBA.

8. Houston288South

For putting Joey Dorsey in the game for the Suns Final possession instead of D-Mo, or heck...even Josh Smith. You sir...SUCK!

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Josh Smith +9 2 blocked shots 14 points but noooooo lets put in -14 automatic foul stupid idiot joey Dorsey????

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yall really want McHale fired. Damn. Let him coach.

1 person likes this.
  11. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

He seriously left Josh Smith and DMo on the bench in crucial defensive possessions over and over again. I'm seriously not sure any coach in the league is that incompetent.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, if only we had hired Steve Kerr and fired McHale like GS did. I believe we could be the 34-6 team instead of the Warriors.

13. Kwame

Anybody who knows anything about basketball much less any coach would have known exactly what to do in that situation...absolutely idiotic.

14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Always pushes the wrong buttons.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

McHale is absolutely the only coach in the league who would lean on Joey Dorsey in key moments of an NBA game.

16. MD_in_Training

Honestly, despite how happy everyone is about winning these types of games due to the GOAT play of Harden, I don't think it's in the best interest of the team LONGTERM. Obviously, the front office needs some kind of impetus to fire this steaming pile of dogs*** that we call the Rockets head coach. As long as we're trucking out a respectable record, I don't see McHale getting canned. At the same time, we have about as much of a chance at winning the championship as I do having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm tired of blaming McHale. From now on I'm going to blame the guys who gave him an extension and doesn't believe in coaching

1 person likes this.
  18. yo

yo Contributing Member

Rockets win.

Fire McHale. Please please please.

19. coffeelover665

At least McHale doesn't bump our PG out of the rotation completely :)

20. Kwame

Absolutely...they need to be held accountable as well. People on this website love to blindly worship Maury and talk about what a "great" and "generous" owner Le$ is, but in reality, they're just as responsible as McFail. I've been saying this for a while now, the Rockets need regime change, especially considering that they've been toiling away in mediocrity for almost two decades now. But with the way some of the eternal homers on here talk about the organization, you'd think Houston was the San Antonio Spurs or something. The three stooges just aren't getting it done for Houston.