1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly cannot see how a head coach could do any better. FTW Rockets FTW better be prepared for some blow back, If some one starts a thread this contentious they should be prepared to take a ton of **** if they are proven to be wrong. Hey dude, are you listening?

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I would not expect FTW to own up to that massive CF he started. He just does not have the character to do that. Weak, opinionated and almost always wrong.

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Playoffs is where Mchale fails...we lost two playoff games, solely due to his inability to adjust. Rockets need to upgrade coaching when his contract expires.

4. clutz

clutz Member

McHale doesn't coach how to not get injured. Fire him before whole team is in the hospital.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Make the naysayers eat crow gumbo Mchale. Prove them all wrong by winning a championship.

We haven't played at full strength , but we keep winning.

Great job McHale, staff and players.

6. conquistador#11

i want my crow fried. everything tastes better fried how bad can crow be?

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Who are you and what do you know about NBA basketball? IMHO not much. A 4-5 series is always a toss up, and Portland beat the Rockets with two miraculous last second shots. It happens.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Gamy beef jerky bad?

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

McHale for COTY!

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually given how less dumb the Rockets are playing this season, maybe we can pin most of the blame for Portland on Lin and not McHale. I don't believe for a second it was McHale who told Lin to intentionally foul with the Rockets down only 3 and 30 seconds left in Game 2, or to go for a contested layup late in Game 3, or to dribble around and not call a timeout late in Game 4.

Maybe the key to McHale being a better coach is to have smart veterans like Ariza and Terry around as mentors instead of relying on the likes of Parsons and Lin guiding the team.

11. platypus

platypus Member

This is what happens when you trust a coach to implement his system and culture. This team is playing hard nosed basketball and McHale is preaching it.

Look at the night and day difference DMO has had under the tutelage of McHale. Not to mention McHale also DEVELOPS young talent. Lets revisit young NBA players who blossomed under Mchale: Dragic, Chandler Parsons, Jermey Lin (yes McHale's coaching made him a BETTER overall player), James Harden (McHale held him accountable and he is now a STAR), Terrence Jones, Donatas, Issiah Cannan (showing flashes this season) and most recently Nick Johnson.

I applaud Mchale for developing our young talent and continuously making do with the revolving door that is our roster because of Morey's wheeling and dealing.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Miraculous shots can happen. Two of them can seriously FU a series.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I stated at the beginning of the season that I didnt think mchale could take us to the promised land but I'm sorry... There's no rational argument against him right now. The way this team has been playing is other worldly. Clear improvements where we needed it most. Attribute it to some of the staff or whoever you want but he's the captain of the ship and deserve a great deal of credit.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Pop is the envy of the league. But he has been blessed with three HOF players and the least roster turn over in the league. Perhaps one day Morey will be satisfied and leave most of the roster in place for more than one season. And that season is when we finally will see what McHale can do.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You know the thirst is at peak levels when people are saying this. I dont think Mchale held Harden accountable for anything. It was Harden's decision to play defense after being embarrassed by that video.

That said, Mchale is doing a pretty great Job right now. Contract year doing wonders.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets lost that series though. The Blazers were not that good of a team and the Spurs proved it in the next round. Harden's play was pretty bad until Game 6, Dwight bricked so many free throws in Game 1 that it forced him to the bench and allowed Portland to come back, Parsons stunk for most of that series, and Lin....well, we've been over his F'ups enough times already.

I feel a lot more confident this season(assuming they can get healthy) because the Rockets don't seem like the kind of team that'll beat themselves. They may very well lose to a superior team as the West has a lot of legit contenders. But I don't see them handing games away like they did against Portland. And Lillard will never get an open look like that again with this team's improved defense.

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

You guys are being fooled. I wish we could trade him while his stock is high.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That look was from 24.4 feet out (yes I have synergy) and was a miraculous shot. **** happens in the NBA.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets lost that series due to ****ty ass execution. Go look at very 4th qrtr, some of those collapses still haunt me. When it happens every game and you lose every close one (had it not been for Daniels) something is wrong. Its not bad luck. People need to get over that and stop trying to justify it, like the FO did with the Coin Flips B.S. Team is doing great, lets hope it carries over and we don't flatline as the season goes on.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That shot was created due to some of the most atrocious defense I have ever seen. These are NBA players, they can knock those shots down if they are open. We had TJ in lala land guarding in the inbounds pass for god knows why and a stupid switch being called when nobody should have had the authority to. Thats poor communication, execution, and discipline.