1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, this thread has devolved into a pissing contest.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah. I sort of guided it there.

3. HTM

HTM Member

Wait, is McHale a good coach or not a good coach?

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was honestly trying to back out of this thread. My point is you have Mchale apologists who keep bumping this thread up but at the same time they are complaining about the thread. Let it die, no one has to give anyone an apology, lol.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mchale.apologists? what does he have to applogize about? having 3 starters injured? having the best defense and harden leading defensively? having harden as the only starter from last year playing.right now? developing dmo, canaan, kpap,and black? or being 12-4 inspite of everything i said

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This thread has no relevance right now. Unless our execution is exposed or its the post season, we will see.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

True, this thread was total garbage for hundreds and hundreds of pages. But lately it has evolved into a place for celebrating Coach McHale and the Rockets.

[​IMG]

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fell asleep and missed the entire game (unfortunately). we seem to have quite a bit of pathetic trolling going on in this thread. it's funny, on one hand morey is alleged to be the guy behind everything while mchale is just his middle management lackey and plus, "coaching doesn't really have much effect on season wins, not more than 5games either way at least."

now this little troll is calling people here cowards, fools, stupid…..because they didn't immediately come to apologize after a win? morey is allegedly the mastermind behind it all and anytime there's a loss it's pinned 100% on the players, but now this little troll wants a medal and his ego massaged because now all of a sudden when we win it's due to the coach? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkSe4YM7EY

where was the f'n apology to the board when it was revealed that said little troll was in fact not really friends with GM morey after he had been posting outright lies about that for months? where was the f'n apology after mchale orchestrated that epic playoff collapse? this is the stench of real cowardice: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8909120&postcount=10

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Truth is, every real rocket fan WANTS to be proven wrong.

This is the Jlin problem. People are not "Hating" on McHale for no reason. Please understand this, this thread did not start suddenly...it's been bumpbed for YEARS and Years.

Just like JLin...Rocket fans WANTED to be proven wrong. They wanted Lin to be a all-star PG, to be a viable 6th man, they wanted for Lin fans to come back and say "See! Lin is awesome! See how great he is, all you haters were wrong!"

We want this. If McHale takes the Rockets to the finals, gets them a ring I will happily eat my crow. I'm sure any REAL rocket fan will.

But most of us have flashbacks to the Portland series. This topic will come up all throughout the year...just like when Harden has a bad game some people will come out and say "See, he's a choker and never going to win with him leading the team." until the playoffs, until he proves them wrong without doubt.

Same for McHale. Winning against the Bucks in November is a nice win, every win is a nice win...but it doesn't really prove what you hope to have proved to McHale doubters.

1 person likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't you just agree with me on the previous page stating that this thread serves no purpose in the RS...as in it...proves nothing? Mchale could win 82 games and if he fails to adjust to defensive schemes in the post season, he will be turned into another laughing stock.

Why should anyone owe you an apology over a RS win (over the Bucks) that other fans are happy, but not delusional about. The people that criticize him have been on point. The real test , the post season, illustrated perfectly all his flaws. At this point , we're just waiting for another post season to arrive to affirm what most of us already know.

People make predictions all the time, and if you want to talk about being attacked, look no further. I was called a bad fan for saying the rockets ran a ****ty predictable offense that even a bad defense like the Blazers would expose in the post season. Losing to them with HCA seemed insane and impossible at the time. Ironically enough, my other point about the midrange being crucial manifested itself in the form of a giant dildo that gave it to us pretty hard in LMA. We had a 4th qrtr collapse in almost everyone of those games, and lost most of the close ones. That comes down to execution, and yet, people still need it spelled out for them. What about this summer when me, Freak, cheke, Easy and a couple of others were talking about focusing on depth instead of chasing the likes of Carmello? People were convinced we were going to get the 3rd star because Morey had put all our eggs in that basket and there was no way he could be that stupid. When it blew up as many predicted...did you see people demanding an apology when they had been blasted over not just one point, but a conglomerate...focusing on the many aspects to a flawed philosophy...repeatedly? Get off your high horse and follow what you said earlier.

And unrelated, but siribhau or w.e is learning how to be one annoying poster.

Spam the same post over multiple pages? Check.

Enlarge the font for the blind? Check

Post pics that **** with the entire page? Check.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Just because I thought D-Mo was not going to evolve into a solid back-up and still think he cannot do it consistently when TJ comes back, would I in your opinion need to be blind to D-Mo's capabilities with all these injuries? It makes sense to get the ball to D-Mo, since he's the only solid 7 footer with low post moves. McHale knows that, but getting him the ball and running some sets for him seem to be really hard when it shouldn't. Isn't what we're doing here being armchair GMs and coaches most of the time anyway?

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely not sir. I apologize for bumping this thread. I guess I just was feeling elated and competitive after the amazing victory last night. It will never happen again. Again apologies.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You're an idiot, plain and simple. I have been on a prolonged thanksgiving break traveling. I have managed to catch the games but if you've noticed I haven't really posted much. Some of is have a life outside the GARM. You might want to get one but I guess it's too late for a lonely basement troll such as you.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I retired at 53. But nice comeback. Not.

#9314 jtr, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. kemah

kemah Member

*Crickets* *Crickets*

16. platypus

platypus Member

McHale has been coaching his ass off. You can really see him developing as a coach.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He's doing a helluva job & the coach of the month nominations he got were well deserved. McHale is doing a whole lot with very little these days.

ETA: I noticed that he credited Bickerstaff for the defense in his postgame tonight.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Coaches can't get better!! What is this sorcery!

McHale went to the Crossroads

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still not a massive fan of him - but the way they are playing this year for him and playing D, there is nothing to do but cheer him and the Rockets on.

DD

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you look at how he's developed Dragic, Lowry, Dmo, Jones, Beverly - I mean he's building a case that he gets players to get better.

Lowry and Dragic both credit him and helping them get better. I don't understand all the bashing of McHale. He seems to me to be a very good coach.

1 person likes this.