1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

McHale is doing the best with what he has. Asik gets in foul trouble and then all we have is Jones/Dmo, both of which are young and not experienced enough to be great defenders, not to mention playing out of position.

Canaan is the same story. Too young and inexperienced to handle Rubio. Lin was a trainwreck on defense and needed to be pulled, so now McHale is forced to play 3 wings and 2 power forwards. Playing on the road, 3rd game in four nights and it was a recipe for disaster.

2. yummyhawtsauce

agreed, but Canaan playing only 2 min still surprised me, and i get he wanted to bench lin to making those dumb mistakes too. but i was a little concerned and worried for parsons after he got hurt, and mchale still let him play...

and everytime it looked like harden might have got hurt...we are playing with fire here...

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For me Mchale has done a good job this season, I still don't like many things he does though....but the results are positive despite this late season bump in the road.

One thing I currently dislike is the excessive minutes that we now see Garcia and Cassipi play...they are both really bad...they have their moments but more often than not they are horrible on defense (and Garcia is a foul machine) and wild on offense. Often stopping ball movement to get their own sloppy shot.

Not sure what Hamilton did to get less PT, but he IMO was a big reason why the rockets were playing so well after the break. Even when he was playing the bad and his shot was off he still played solid defense and moved the ball and basically knew his role. It saddens me that it seems Cassipi and Garcia are the guys that will be in our playoff rotation.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What does he do? He doesn't run the offense. He doesn't coach the defense. He is supposed to be this great motivational coach but every year when the team needs the most motivation he fails in that area. His best attribute is to scream and then say he doesn't know what else to do. The other day when the team was sucking the most the players who had the least coaching under McHale performed the best. He has failed again down the stretch when needed the most. It appears he is not even very good at motivating.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am so sick and tired of the Rockets not coming out ready to play and putting these scrub teams away.

This entirely falls on the pathetic clueless incompetent head coach McHale.

59 points at the half against Pelicans scrubs and bench players? Unacceptable.

Nothing has changed since I started this thread. McHale remains the weakest part of this team.

1 person likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Anyway you can stop being a douche and bumping this thread every game?

You can put that crap in the game thread.

1 person likes this.
  7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This is the exact same way I feel about Garcia and casspi

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If not me, someone else will bump it and it deserves to be bumped.

What is your excuse for not coming out ready to play against these scrubs? Anyone but McHale eh?

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm at the game right now and I can't tell you what's wrong. It's pretty hard to tell. They tired us with those picks

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

McHale reminds me of Mack Brown at Texas. Nice CEO coach and great person, but extremely limited Xs and Os knowledge. McHale needs quality assistants with great Xs/Os knowledge to be effective and Sampson's departure has left a gaping hole in that competency.

Whatever the Rockets decide to do in the offseason, I'm going to take a wild guess and say we'll get a head coach with actual Xs Os knowledge and is defensive minded and detail oriented.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm about to start the: "Official Re-Sign McHale Thread"

1 person likes this.
  13. Play07

Play07 Member

Mchale made the adjustment put Troy In for small ball, which opened things up for harden & Lin drives and bevs 3s !!

14. clutz

clutz Member

Daniels finished the game +19.

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Good lineup change by McHale.

The team needs to bring their intensity right at the start of the game.

-.-

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Watching Daniels inbound the ball numerous times was infuriating. He is small and didn't look very decisive.

17. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

I give credit to Harden, Beverley, and Lin for making clutch plays at the end of the game to win it. McHale does not get to blame players for losses and all of a sudden get credit for a win when it was 3 quarter of crappy play calling. I still don't understand why he thought Daniels inbounding the ball was a good call. The guy is too small.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He probably thought Daniels could get the ball back and make an in rhythm 3. He did that just hours ago in a Viper's play off game. :grin:

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Are you saying you've seen enough?

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The only thing that McHale did that was smart was put Daniels in at the end. Stupid F shouldn't have started Casspi's garbage playing azz.