1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

What's with his pimp limp?

2. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

started this yesterday

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Every coach gets the standard grace period.

But he is squarely on my s**t list for next season along with Patrick.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If we fire McHale, who will drive the 2012-13 tank? I think he's good for a couple of extra Ls.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Go Finch go!!!

6. conquistador#11

why not let him be an assistant to mauryball in the front office. Let finchie run the motion offense.

7. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I'm on board. His rotations are ****ing terrible. If we still had RICK A. during the last 6 games we would be 6th seed right now

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Mchale is an idiot. Worst coach in the league. He doesn't understand the value of size and height. Oh well... maybe next year :(

Since our season is basically over, I think I'm gonna start one of those all nba drafting threads in a few days. I'm sad

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

As long as he runs an offense instead of whatever the crap McFail and his loser assistants have been "running".

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I have a better idea. Let's convince Les Alexander to sell the team to an owner who actually knows the game of basketball and who's not concerned about ticket sales alone.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I hated the hiring from the beginning of the season and now everyone sees it too. He is a horrible head coach.

Scumbag Mchale:

Oh we're getting torched in the paint? Better go ahead and keep Camby and Dalembert on the bench.

Oh the Scola Patterson combo doesn' work? Better go ahead and keep them in the game.

Oh we just turned the ball over? Better go ahead and make no adjustments.

Mchale is a POS coach.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Morey's biggest recent mistake is that he was charmed by McHale during their interviews for the head coaching position. If McHale's likability wasn't the deciding factor, I can't imagine what WAS. :confused:

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Random thoughts from a diehard Rockets fan:

1. Man I love Dragic, but talk about not showing up lately. And don't quote me his stats...

2. Courtney Lee can't seem to make a shot in the second half of games.

3. On more than a few occasions McHale refuses to play Parsons when we need him for defense in the second half.

4. Where is the urgency during our 3rd/4th/OT quarter collapses?

5. How often has Camby found himself riding the pine in the second half of games? (Not sure if his injuries are the reason)

6. What's the point of even playing Kyle 10-15 mins a game right now? He doesn't look right... not comfortable in the offense at all. Tonight, it seemed like every time he got the ball he just stood and passed it...Didn't even try to make a play going to the basket. Took a few shots, not much to show for it...

7. Sure would love to see what Morris could do now... At this point, I don't see how it could really hurt anything. He can score, which is something we have struggled desperately do do lately, and he certainly can't play worse than Patterson has of late.

8. What's this I hear now that Patterson is still hurt and needs surgery??? Excuse me but then WHY THE **** has he been playing?!? And in crucial 4th quarters of games?!? Inexcusable.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If morris doesn't get at least 20 mins per game now, i'm gonna flip out!

15. lalala902102001

The problem does not lie with the coaching staff. It lies with the management and their lack of direction for this franchise. It's not the coach's fault that he's got a mediocre team that features zero young players with star potential.

Morey needs to take the fall. Time to fire him.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Terrific post. I don't hate McHale, but he has disappointed the hell out of me. No adjustments. No defense. HORRIBLE ROTATIONS.

17. monster

monster Member

McHale can't force players to hit layups, or 3foot jumpers, or get rebounds. Some players are clutch....others are Rockets.

18. haydenfisher342

Fire Mchale

Fire Mchale, there is better coaches out there

there is no reason to shoot 30 3 pointers in a game unless your destroying your team. Mchale is not coaching this team right. Rockets offense is absolutely eye candy for every team defensively. Mchale is not good enough to identify that budinger is actually a slasher not just a bullard 3 point shooter. Lee is not a jump shooter hes a slasher. He doesnt recognize what types of players he has and creates an offense tailored to his teams capabilities. Horrid Coach.

19. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This is ludicrous. Watch the games and tell me Morey's at fault. We have the players necessary to at least make the playoffs.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yeahaa an exclamation point for the season ..........
    Calls for a timeout, draws a play and yeehha suddenly Mcfails draws a play for the recently retired Antoine Walker all days long.

Can i plz somehow gain an audition with Mcfail and tell him straight in the face that he failed for playing no D scola as C and Patterson together >>>>_<<<<